• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Merola gloves and sizing? If I measure in between whole numbers (I.e. 8.5 inches) do I round up or down for sizing

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Merola gloves and sizing? If I measure in between whole numbers (I.e. 8.5 inches) do I round up or down for sizing
I think the general rule with gloves is to size up. Usually works for me.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
City seems like it’s finally getting back to normal, well Pandemic-normal at least. Meeting my son for lunch at Martin’s and then some shopping at Sid Mashburn.

Windy and 28 F today so outside lunch will be challenging. Zegna Elements down parka has puffer on the inside so seriously warm but no Michelin Man look!

B087DC4B-65B5-4BF6-B212-29454D412B68.jpeg

dc_slicker

Reaction score
City seems like it’s finally getting back to normal, well Pandemic-normal at least. Meeting my son for lunch at Martin’s and then some shopping at Sid Mashburn.

Windy and 28 F today so outside lunch will be challenging. Zegna Elements down parka has puffer on the inside so seriously warm but no Michelin Man look!

View attachment 1541538
where did you get that scarf?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where did you get that scarf?
I love all things Fox Bros.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a beautiful pair of Merola gloves from No Man Walks Alone. Peccary with Cashmere lining. They are really stunning and so comfortable. I have been considering getting a second pair unlined, but I think I should get my eventual leather jacket first before getting gloves to wear with it, so I make sure they coordinate well.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really like that parka on you. Excellent fit. @smittycl
Thanks. I think Zegna is my favorite menswear maker overall. Outerwear, suits, sport coats, shirts, pants, ties, scarves and such. It's all good stuff.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love all things Fox Bros.

You and me both sir. Bought a couple ties from them during lockdown, mostly out of boredom. Also have three suits and two sport coats made from FB fabrics. Will likely do another Fox air suit this spring.

Love the look of their blankets and scarves

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

I think it depends some on the material. Peccary, for instance is horizontally stretchy and can do well with a snugger fit, at least without a lining. Regardless, just make sure the gloves have a decent return policy.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to Sterling and Burke in Georgetown? Their IG says they have a "bespoke and MTM service" but I can't find anything about it on their website.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to Sterling and Burke in Georgetown? Their IG says they have a "bespoke and MTM service" but I can't find anything about it on their website.
They use a Saville Row tailor from Davies and Son. It’s the real deal. I went to a football game with one of the owners while in London.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads