• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can find some gems if you
There is a NMLC in downtown DC near the Metro Center station. It's full of junk. Much better is the Saks Off Fifth next door. I've spotted Corneliani, Canali, and Isaia suits there.
You can find some gems if your visit coincides with a drop from the main stores. Still missing the Barneys store in Leesburg. I think Zegna still has a store in Clarksburg.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
Have to do a work thing next week that's going to require me to be in a closed space so went down to Judiciary Square for a free COVID test. Was really quick and painless, and they were offering free flu shots at the same location so was able to take care of that at the same time. They said it would take 5-7 days for the test results but I'm hoping they're giving conservative estimates and they have them ready sooner than that.

OldTown

Reaction score
Have to do a work thing next week that's going to require me to be in a closed space so went down to Judiciary Square for a free COVID test. Was really quick and painless, and they were offering free flu shots at the same location so was able to take care of that at the same time. They said it would take 5-7 days for the test results but I'm hoping they're giving conservative estimates and they have them ready sooner than that.
They were saying 7 days before and it took them 3 weeks for someone that almost got me sick. I only know it took so long because I had to quarantine 2 weeks until their results came back.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
They were saying 7 days before and it took them 3 weeks for someone that almost got me sick. I only know it took so long because I had to quarantine 2 weeks until their results came back.
I had heard from other people who tested more recently that they got results in 48 hours but it seems like it's still all over the place and there's no consistent time frame for getting results back in a reasonable amount of time.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re a college football player you can get the new instant test. No idea if it works.

I guess the trouble is that you could easily get exposed after taking the test anyway.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this a jury trial? A few months ago I was called for jury duty in the federal district court in DC. Then that court suspended in-person jury trials for the foreseeable future.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
i haven't done the test... how is it done? is it this long needlelike swap way up your nose? or something else?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
Is this a jury trial? A few months ago I was called for jury duty in the federal district court in DC. Then that court suspended in-person jury trials for the foreseeable future.
No, jail visit. I've been holding off on doing them for the past 6 months cause I really don't want to be responsible for spreading the virus in there but it's now an unfortunate necessity. No jury trials in DC federal or superior court for the foreseeable future.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
i haven't done the test... how is it done? is it this long needlelike swap way up your nose? or something else?
Swab up the nose but it wasn't very far up. There was a diagram going around in the early days of testing showing up a swab going so far up the nose it was practically poking the brain and I think that scared a ton of people away from getting a test. It was a single swab circled a few times inside each nostril. It was mildly uncomfortable only for a second.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Swab up the nose but it wasn't very far up. There was a diagram going around in the early days of testing showing up a swab going so far up the nose it was practically poking the brain and I think that scared a ton of people away from getting a test. It was a single swab circled a few times inside each nostril. It was mildly uncomfortable only for a second.
i had one of those brain pokes done on me to do some allergy/mold test... makes your eyes burst in uncontrolled tears.

OldTown

Reaction score
No, jail visit. I've been holding off on doing them for the past 6 months cause I really don't want to be responsible for spreading the virus in there but it's now an unfortunate necessity. No jury trials in DC federal or superior court for the foreseeable future.
Has anyone argued this is constitutionally questionable due to "right to a speedy trial"?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's