• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i live with my wife and 3yo son who is bouncing off the walls since he has no little kids to play with, which irritates my wife who is taking out all her frustration on me since she can't ever be harsh on the love of her life (not me...).

Do you want to swap places with me?

The ages don't matter. My 12 and 9 year olds/wife/me move through the phases of happy and friendly, frustrated and testy, hating each other and fighting, rinse repeat. The length of cycles varies each time.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ages don't matter. My 12 and 9 year olds/wife/me move through the phases of happy and friendly, frustrated and testy, hating each other and fighting, rinse repeat. The length of cycles varies each time.

Yes but 12 and 9 y/o can entertain themselves for at least some parts of every day. Dealing with a toddler when you can’t leave the house is a whole different world.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Yes but 12 and 9 y/o can entertain themselves for at least some parts of every day. Dealing with a toddler when you can’t leave the house is a whole different world.
You feel my pain!! Thank you

Konnor

Reaction score
Put on a movie in Spanish, the kid will get confused because they can't understand, tell them that they are tired and need to nap, put on the same movie in English when they wake up, repeat.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, having a child under the age of five means you don't have to educate them. Friends with school-aged children tell me that the lockdown is like having two full-time jobs: first a teacher, then with your time left over, your regular job.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
On the other hand, having a child under the age of five means you don't have to educate them. Friends with school-aged children tell me that the lockdown is like having two full-time jobs: first a teacher, then with your time left over, your regular job.
@smittycl is smiling as he reads this since all of kids are grown and out of the house so he does not deal with this sh1t

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@smittycl is smiling as he reads this since all of kids are grown and out of the house so he does not deal with this sh1t
So long as they don't move back in due to economic circumstances. ;)

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1597157139987413146926291733456.jpg
    1597157139987413146926291733456.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 8

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the other threads was discussing how Covid is upsetting the fashion cycle which was in need of a change anyway. Impossible to get a decent coat in January as they all came out in August and bathing suits are on display in February. Doesn't make sense.

Similarly, I was just in local beer store noticing that my favorite Pumpkin beers are now out. It's August and hot out! Who wants to sip a spicy, heavy Pumpkin beer now? When I was a homeowner I'd just stock up the garage fridge but that's not an option in apartment life. Guess I'll have to grab a few and store them in my closet? Grrrrrr.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The little one has been the biggest challenge during this whole thing. We have a six year old at home. We finished kindergarten during the stay at home order, and are now gearing up for virtual first grade. When our day care we use during the summer months, and for before and after school care, opened back up, we decided to secure him a spot, despite some risk. We weighed the pro-cons heavily, and continue to monitor he local situation as far as the virus goes. We will pull him out if it looks unsafe and continue school from home. But the way things are now, I am at work, and wife is WFH, she can’t be full time working and full time teacher at the same time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads