• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

dc_slicker

Reaction score
What about aftershaves? I currently use Kiehls that's comes in a blue bottle with alcohol in it. I want something stronger without any scent.
What do you mean by "stronger"? Usually any aftershave with alcohol in it is going to be a really strong antiseptic (too strong for me, dries out my poor sensitive skin).
He wants higher alcohol content to get a better buzz. Not sure if he is ready for rubbing alcohol at this point though

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Who's still shaving during the pandemic? :puzzled: I have to shave next week for a court appearance, but after that it's trimming to keep my stubble.

bsarosi

Reaction score
I steer clear of aftershave with alcohol as I’ve found it to be quite irritating to my skin, particularly the neck. I prefer an aftershave lotion w/o alcohol that moisturizes and soothes my skin (especially my neck).

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
He wants higher alcohol content to get a better buzz. Not sure if he is ready for rubbing alcohol at this point though
I love putting on rubbing alcohol on my wounds. It burns and it feels so good. I think there is something wrong with me. But yes, I want an unscented aftershave with a higher alcohol content that BURNS.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "stronger"? Usually any aftershave with alcohol in it is going to be a really strong antiseptic (too strong for me, dries out my poor sensitive skin).
My grandfather used to use something really strong. It was probably not rubbing alcohol, but close. Maybe generic drug store witch hazel.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
Another round of Ring Jacket 184's NWT up on Luxeswap. He must have a pile of them.

He's been putting up a bunch of really nice looking G. Inglese shirts in my size recently that I've been closely watching but never bidding on.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's been putting up a bunch of really nice looking G. Inglese shirts in my size recently that I've been closely watching but never bidding on.
I've shifted to Ownly Luxury as she gets lots of NWT stuff in my size. LuxeSwap still has some greaat stuff going by as well, though.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tailored Consignment is pretty good as well. He actually puts prices on the garments then lowers them over time. Seems to work.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.