• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Lost my first attempt at a house purchase today. It was so emotionally draining. Spent every hour in the past week doing pre-inspections, getting financing, etc. and we had the winning offer until 5 minutes before close where a developer went f you high with cash and 10 day close.

I know this is normal in the city (to have to do this a ton to finally get the place) but I can’t do this again. Ugh.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost my first attempt at a house purchase today. It was so emotionally draining. Spent every hour in the past week doing pre-inspections, getting financing, etc. and we had the winning offer until 5 minutes before close where a developer went f you high with cash and 10 day close.

I know this is normal in the city (to have to do this a ton to finally get the place) but I can’t do this again. Ugh.
That sucks, man. You should get your super to do all sorts of crazy repairs around your apartment like replacing your toilet seats. Enjoy being a renter for a little bit longer!

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
That sucks, man. You should get your super to do all sorts of crazy repairs around your apartment like replacing your toilet seats. Enjoy being a renter for a little bit longer!

Thanks, hopefully I don’t go through all this again for the same thing, but I’ve heard it’s normal to lose 5-10 houses before you get one.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Nice! Omega is a great watch
I was going to get omega seamaster... even had an appointment set up to get one before all of this shutdown happened.

Did you end up buying from Jomashop? How was the condition of the watch?

Like some mentioned, you need to see if you are ok buying from gray market since you dont get warranty on the watch so you need consider that when comparing the prices... When i looked before pandemic, I could not find anything less that 4,750 (while it retails at 5,200)... today i saw this: https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-210-30-42-20-03-001.html
Guess economy is getting a hit and gray markets dropped their prices significantly.
I found a lower priced Speedmaster from watchshopping.com which had good reviews. I got the Sapphire model for $4,500. I will let y'all know how it all goes.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Right on! Pics, of course, need to come next.

Fundamentally, I think you're 100% right on sapphire. It's honestly pretty silly to buy any watch without it these days.
Thanks for your help. I'll post pictures when I get it. I ordered from watchshopping.com. they had the best price.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1000 piece puzzle. 1 ******* piece missing. :brick:
20200522_091429.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finishing work week and prepping hand-over to folks in next week. Noticed a lot more cars on the road this week. I wasn’t able to blithely ride down Constitution Ave weaving across lanes. Had to actually stop for some red lights as well.

Everyone at work is supposed to wear masks unless sitting at their desks but standards are slipping.

Sigh.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So as of 1:30 today I became the father of a college graduate. My one and only earned an Architecture degree from College Park. Now let's see if I have some extra cash to spend on myself.

Rona!!!

Never mind...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So as of 1:30 today I became the father of a college graduate. My one and only earned an Architecture degree from College Park. Now let's see if I have some extra cash to spend on myself.

Rona!!!

Never mind...
Congrats! One of mine graduated from there as well.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rona!!!

Never mind...
Oof, a 2am post? Partaking in a bit of the post-commencement celebrations I take it? :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads