• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_8533.jpeg IMG_8529.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had the sand cotton linen on the radar but did not see the wheat tropical for whatever reason. Wife was also surprised because I live on their site according to her.

The others did not check all the boxes for one reason or another.

Its the weekend gentleman View attachment 2200247

We must be roommates lol

Cooper collar and shorts from the aforementioned.

Shoes are Löf & Tung Veneto.

Braces I had to buy on amazon because the fine brains at Walter Reed heard about the crash, heard about my knee smashing into the pavement at about 20-25mph, saw it was twice the size of the left a month later, and decided rather than an X-ray or MRI we should do 6-8 weeks of physical therapy first just in case it isn't serious. I asked about braces for both (they still refuse to xray my wrist) and they said you can probably find something on amazon.

God i love government funded health care.

PXL_20240615_133953425.MP.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We must be roommates lol

Braces I had to buy on amazon because the fine brains at Walter Reed heard about the crash, heard about my knee smashing into the pavement at about 20-25mph, saw it was twice the size of the left a month later, and decided rather than an X-ray or MRI we should do 6-8 weeks of physical therapy first just in case it isn't serious. I asked about braces for both (they still refuse to xray my wrist) and they said you can probably find something on amazon.

View attachment 2200573
Ouch. Maybe they Fort Belvoir for different docs?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Maybe they Fort Belvoir for different docs?
I'm already 90 minutes on a good day to Reed. Andrews hears "reserve" and refuses outright claiming only AD can be seen (refusing to even listen to the defnition of AGR) saying i have to pay for a civilian doctor lol. But they never give it to me in writing :brick:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No fit pics (fair harbor shorts and a local band tee shirt….) for lawn seats at Merriweather last night to see Pixies (with Cat Power and Modest Mouse)

Pixies still sound amazing.

Edited to add, I did wear a Wythe corduroy ball cap, to keep the rai off my glasses…..

IMG_0148.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    358 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We must be roommates lol

View attachment 2200573
Normally having a roommate would save you money. Not sure that would be the case with us.

I don’t care if it isn’t officially summer yet.

IMG_7048.jpeg

relegant

Reaction score
Hey all - do you have any trunk shows you liked or go to in DC? I see that some of you go to NMWA MTM trunk shows, though not sure how often they occur.
I guess we are in sufficient proximity to NYC but just wanted to learn from folks who have been living in the capital region longer?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all - do you have any trunk shows you liked or go to in DC? I see that some of you go to NMWA MTM trunk shows, though not sure how often they occur.
I guess we are in sufficient proximity to NYC but just wanted to learn from folks who have been living in the capital region longer?
Most people in DC just go to New York. It’s a 3 hour train ride.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are multiple vendors who cater to the DC area for trunk shows you just need to be more specific about what you want and do some research. Large and small Savile Row firms and even some Italian firms, Dalcuoure. For MTM you can't beat NMWA on tailoring and shirts.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the London Collective and ended up with bespoke G&G footwear so be warned it's expensive as duck. ;)

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are multiple vendors who cater to the DC area for trunk shows you just need to be more specific about what you want and do some research. Large and small Savile Row firms and even some Italian firms, Dalcuoure. For MTM you can't beat NMWA on tailoring and shirts.
I believe Dalcuore dropped DC. But I could be wrong.
I went to the London Collective and ended up with bespoke G&G footwear so be warned it's expensive as duck. ;)

Yeah, those guys are expensive hahah whether it’s sexton, gaziano, the eyewear maker or shirt maker.

I was curious & they quoted me over 2000 for eyewear.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my defense i was pining for bespoke footwear and dominic casey effectively very politely invited me to fornicate in an offward direction so G&G got the nod

Couldn't be happier with the process and outcome.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my defense i was pining for bespoke footwear and dominic casey effectively very politely invited me to fornicate in an offward direction so G&G got the nod

Couldn't be happier with the process and outcome.
I’m sure you’ll love them. They make outstanding shoes. My favorite rtw are gaziano. But I bought them many years ago before their prices skyrocketed like they have. This was back when shoe trees were included. I haven’t bought a pair of shoes in years.

Have you tried their rtw?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure you’ll love them. They make outstanding shoes. My favorite rtw are gaziano. But I bought them many years ago before their prices skyrocketed like they have. This was back when shoe trees were included. I haven’t bought a pair of shoes in years.

Have you tried their rtw?
No but stopping by the shop on the Row in July t try out rtw.

You're right though the bespoke shoes are unbelievable.

PXL_20240405_114238197~2.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slowly unpacking the new gaff.

IMG_5103.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5132.jpeg

Looking forward to getting this susu altered so its not as tight in the dad bod area.

IMG_5130.jpeg

IMG_5129.jpeg

Happy father's day to all the dads out there too!

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenerPrice