• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Jtbrooks

Reaction score
Beautiful jacket, can we see the other one as well?
I’ve attached a photo here. Apologies for the poor quality. Am I being crazy about the wrinkling/floppy bit of the lapel on the dinner jacket? Comparing the two the difference seems rather striking

Attachments

• IMG_9382.jpeg
    IMG_9382.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 316

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve attached a photo here. Apologies for the poor quality. Am I being crazy about the wrinkling/floppy bit of the lapel on the dinner jacket? Comparing the two the difference seems rather striking
That may be a function of the cloth weight. What fabric book did you select from?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, those are some MAHOOSSIVE lapels, a bit of flop is to be expected (there's probably a weenie joke in there somewhere, given my bourbon intake for the evening celebrating a huge W for one of my Airmen). I say make sure your strut is on point, rock it and retain an attitude of "yeah my lapels are thicc, yours aren't? pleb."

confidence is key. show 'em who's in charge for the duration of the ceremony and reception. ;)

sarteorial

Reaction score
Hey all, I was curious here if anyone had any experience with Linea Pitti's suitmaking? He's got a shop on P Street near Georgetown. I think he's a fantastic tailor for alterations and a very kind man but I was curious if anyone actually had a suit made by him. I tried on a jacket he'd made and it was fully canvassed and seemed well made. As a fun piece of trivia, he mentioned he had made a few suits for Sec. Blinken, and he certainly always looks sharp although I may want a slightly lower button stance etc.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, in Cancun for long weekend and niece’s wedding. Soulive camp shirt, Zegna navy linen tee, Lardini white linen pants and C&J suede loafers.

Seeing some of the American tourists here makes me think silicon should be moved up on the Periodic Table. It’s clearly more common than hydrogen and oxygen…

IMG_8477.jpeg

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, in Cancun for long weekend and niece’s wedding. Soulive camp shirt, Zegna navy linen tee, Lardini white linen pants and C&J suede loafers.

Seeing some of the American tourists here makes me think silicon should be moved up on the Periodic Table. It’s clearly more common than hydrogen and oxygen…

View attachment 2199747

Soulive camp shirt, Zegna navy linen tee, Lardini white linen pants and C&J suede loafers.
Fit Pic?

“Seeing some of the American tourists here makes me think silicon should be moved up on the Periodic Table. It’s clearly more common than hydrogen and oxygen…”

Pictures? You know, for science?

Also, Which wedding fit did you go with??

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fit Pic?

“Seeing some of the American tourists here makes me think silicon should be moved up on the Periodic Table. It’s clearly more common than hydrogen and oxygen…”

Pictures? You know, for science?

Also, Which wedding fit did you go with??
No fit pics, been underwater and/or at swim up bar all day. Likely going with DB jacket and white pants but wedding is Sunday. Lots of time to decide!

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it looks like the tan OTR world is pretty limited currently. Anyone have any experience with this one or other suits from Buck Mason?

Looking for something bright and fun that I can dress up and down during summer. Im good on summer business specific grey and navy suits plus a variety of odd jackets.

https://www.buckmason.com/products/cadet-khaki-italian-twill-graduate-blazer

Solaro didn’t work out for me.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it looks like the tan OTR world is pretty limited currently. Anyone have any experience with this one or other suits from Buck Mason?

Looking for something bright and fun that I can dress up and down during summer. Im good on summer business specific grey and navy suits plus a variety of odd jackets.

https://www.buckmason.com/products/cadet-khaki-italian-twill-graduate-blazer

Solaro didn’t work out for me.

The Canadians have a few if OTR sizing works for you. I'm 6'1"/180 with a somewhat athletic build (shoulders wider than tumtum for now anyway :p ) and the 40r contemporary with just a slight shortening of sleeves is on the money.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_8508.jpeg
    IMG_8508.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 13

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Canadians have a few if OTR sizing works for you. I'm 6'1"/180 with a somewhat athletic build (shoulders wider than tumtum for now anyway :p ) and the 40r contemporary with just a slight shortening of sleeves is on the money.

Thanks. I had the sand cotton linen on the radar but did not see the wheat tropical for whatever reason. Wife was also surprised because I live on their site according to her.

The others did not check all the boxes for one reason or another.

Its the weekend gentleman
IMG_6958.jpeg

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had the sand cotton linen on the radar but did not see the wheat tropical for whatever reason. Wife was also surprised because I live on their site according to her.

The others did not check all the boxes for one reason or another.

Its the weekend gentleman View attachment 2200247
Can you command the weather now? 😳

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stylishgreen