• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official I Sarti Italiani Sicilian Sartoria Thread - official affiliate thread.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ENDORSED BY STYLEFORUM ADMINS

Salvo from I Sarti Italiani will come to San Francisco and will take appointments from Friday 3/8 to Sunday 3/10. He’ll actually be in town a couple days before and after so if you can’t make it during those days, he may be flexible.

Jackets are fully canvassed, with hand padded canvassing and hand attached collars and sleeves. Sport coats are €800 and suits are €1000, excluding cloth. Details such as handmade buttonholes and pickstitching are an additional €100.

Salvo will have books from Drapers, Zegna, and Drago, but will also accept CMT cloth for no fee.

To keep costs low, appointments will take place at my apartment, and I’ll be translating.

Because of his limited English he’s leaning on me heavily to set him up with clients, so I reached out to @LA Guy and set up this thread with his blessing. Whether it continues after the visit is up to Salvo.

I asked other tailors to come out and they set their prices at €3000 for a suit. Honestly, this price is hard to find even in Italy. Personally I’ve had two suits and two sport coats made by them and can compare it favorably to my other bespoke.

Getting Italian tailors to Dan Francisco is a rare thing, and it’s my hope that more will follow. @dieworkwear is looking into getting others to San Francisco, and I feel the more options, the better.

Anyone interested? I’ll post pics of my other stuff, but here’s a couple with Derek’s summer tweed.

2DC00593-3296-4108-B976-80617EAC81B4.jpeg
4D182B02-A801-4F96-8926-EDB6C176062A.jpeg

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing the results, your pieces look great @UrbanComposition

I know you mentioned a possible visit to NYC at some point as well, is that still in the cards?

Best,

DL-
The last I spoke with Salvo about NYC, it was as soon as October/November of this year, when he comes again for the first fitting for SF clients. At the latest, next March.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Salvo was part of Styleforum's little Artisan showcase in January 2018 in Florence "Maker Space", coincident with Pitti Uomo, and the quality-to price-ratio is really quite good (and the quality itself is also quite high). Especially with prices of Neapolitan makers and styles blowing up with their introduction to the Chinese market, Sicilian makers represent not just a good value, but something fresh that has not had widespread exposure.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone being willing to sign up. Would like to have ten orders, and were a little over halfway there.

I’ll get a fixed price list tomorrow so there’ll be no surprises. A suit should be about €1000 but I’ll know for sure tomorrow.

konoyaro

Reaction score
@UrbanComposition Thanks for arranging this.

I'm interested and based on your info on the East Sicily thread sent an email to [email protected] last week to set up an appointment. I have not received a reply yet so wonder if I should be scheduling through you?

Thanks!

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition Thanks for arranging this.

I'm interested and based on your info on the East Sicily thread sent an email to [email protected] last week to set up an appointment. I have not received a reply yet so wonder if I should be scheduling through you?

Thanks!
To be honest, I think it was just created last Friday. I’ll PM you to get your details and forward them along.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the price list for the trunk show in EURO, not including cloth:

Suit: 1000
Jacket: 840
Trousers: 160
Vest: 160
Tuxedo (includes trousers) : 1150
Overcoat: 950
Frock coat: 1150 (for those times when you meet foreign heads of state)

Shirts are €100, which is a pretty fantastic price. I’ve never had one done, but I just might.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@emptym wanted 4 ply, and so I asked Mark Cho his thoughts on Draper’s Ascot 4-ply versus Smith’s Finmeresco:
“I like the Drapers VBC one best. Similar texture but more bouncy.”

Salvo has these:
A46226E7-6FB5-4A2A-8177-B82B15369ECB.jpeg
DEFAB35A-B410-4555-A70D-C2F18FA27BDC.jpeg
E1B2CCDA-8297-4E02-9957-8F3E5BE9E7F2.jpeg
13E74E44-5541-416C-957A-4869952B4EDE.jpeg
44025331-A797-43A8-A4F8-97A2476ED400.jpeg
1593C8D8-6097-4DCF-A17F-677E8C1FB935.jpeg

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, P! I'm sure Mark knows more about cloth in general than I do, and more about that cloth in particular too. But I'm skeptical because I have a pair of pants made of VBC's 4 ply fresco (a few swatches too), and I don't think it's very much like Smith's 4 ply finmeresco. Lots of Drapers stuff is rebranded VBC, but maybe this will be different, so I look forward to seeing it.

Mainly, I just want a mid-weight (10-12 oz) fresco or hopsack. If it's not the Smiths, then I'd probably go for hopsack over fresco.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.