The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. b1os

b1os Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016

2. eggplantsplz

eggplantsplz Member

Hi all,

First post in this thread so apologies if this has been asked/answered quite a few times.

Looking for styling tips (both in method and product). Have relatively thick Asian hair, that use to be longer and styled in a pomp. Used a variety of pomades including Layrite, Suavecito, and Imperial Barber. Decided a change was in order and shortened my hair.. it's now approx. 2 inches on the top, sides still quite short.

One of the things I disliked about the pomades were their high shine. With the shorter hair now, I kind of want the natural, 'wake up get out of bed but have nice hair still' look, and would prefer a product that could help achieve that. Can anyone recommend some? Was looking into the Layrite Cement Clay as an option. Some tips on how to apply the product/order or washing/product/drying etc etc would be helpful too.

Thanks!

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

It is some serious stuff.

4. kovalchuk71

kovalchuk71 Member

I have been growing my hair out for the past year or so, and it's ~9-10". I have medical school interviews coming up, and need something on the more conservative side. I have tried the comb over, but it just does not work with my face (At least, IMO). I posted some pictures of my face and my current hair below. Any advice/suggestions would be great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016

5. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Shorter like Trump's sons might be adequate, presuming interviewers either don't make the association or don't dislike the father. Not as much product as they use, however, please.

6. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

What do you think of Davines Moulding Clay so far? My tin of Bed Head Separation wax is about to finish up and I just ordered this as an upgrade.

7. b1os

b1os Senior member

I really like it so far. Much better than the Sebastian Craft Clay--but FYI I've got no other clays to compare it to. Good hold, matte finish. Smell is vanilla+bubble gum, but not that much sillage. Definitely smells better than that rancy-ish smell of Sebastian's clay. :satisfied:

8. Lenzin

Lenzin New Member

so, I wanted to ask if you could recomend a hairstyle to me.I usually have them to the rear but here is a pix of me:[​IMG]
    whould be great if you could recomend a hairstyle fitting my face[​IMG]
    thanks a lot.

greeting
    Lenzin