• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Hair Thread

hipster

Reaction score
so i need a haircut badly.

this is me:
yEBZVT5h.jpg

this is the cut i really want(pic taken from SuFu). can anyone tell me if it would work with my head shape? i have a stupid whirl thing at the back of my head where the parting ends.

uQ9IXeu.jpg

Last edited:

perkynipman

Reaction score
it should work great!

as for the whirl, little bit of product and holding it down in place while u blow dry should tame the beast.

leadstylist

Reaction score
The company I work for (Thermafuse, in salon only) has an awesome product called tac and another called Formatte, both are amazing for control and definition.

lamergod

Reaction score
Have anyone used Baxter Of California product? I'm thinking of getting the clay pomade and daily moisturizer. And how does the clay pomade compare to Uppercut clay pomade?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i need a haircut badly.

this is me:
yEBZVT5h.jpg

this is the cut i really want(pic taken from SuFu). can anyone tell me if it would work with my head shape? i have a stupid whirl thing at the back of my head where the parting ends.
uQ9IXeu.jpg
I also got a big whirl right where the parting ends by the top / back of my head. Just leave a little more length up top and you'll most be fine. Whirls only cause me problem when the hair is cut very short, making the hair around the whirl poof out. Keep some more length and the weight of the hair will do its job.

I'd also say that the haircut would look better if it wasn't as aggressive and short. I like to keep my top around 3" with the bangs just a bit longer and make the sides gradually taper to very short around the ears. Keeping more length makes the haircut a lot less risky, since it doesn't expose your head shape as much. You can always make adjustments next time you get it cut.

hipster

Reaction score

I'd also say that the haircut would look better if it wasn't as aggressive and short. I like to keep my top around 3" with the bangs just a bit longer and make the sides gradually taper to very short around the ears.

heh, this is exactly what i usually do. im tempted to get it super short on the sides because it looks cool when it connects to beard.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heh, this is exactly what i usually do. im tempted to get it super short on the sides because it looks cool when it connects to beard.
Ok.
I think super short sides work best if you've got thick wavy, curly or any kind of movement in your hair that presses it down on the scalp. My hair is not very thick and is completely straight with no movement at all, so when I cut it very short on the sides the hairs tend to stand right out. Not a very good look since you can see through the hairs and in to the scalp.

Last edited:

ErikW

Reaction score
Anyone have any hair style suggestions for guys with widows peaks? I'm looking for something professional (no mullets or mohawks).

Acoustic

Reaction score
Soo i've let my hair grow out for awhile now and it's pretty long but it's really un manageable (even after getting rid of the dry problem). I wanna keep it long but I need some suggestions. I was thinking pretty much getting it short on the sides (not buzz, just scissors) and back but long on top (especially the bangs, large forehead :p) but idk how it will look with my wavy thick hair. I was considering getting them to thin it with thinning shears but idk how it would look considering a do have a larger forehead. No picture, but just remember thick and wavy lol.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soo i've let my hair grow out for awhile now and it's pretty long but it's really un manageable (even after getting rid of the dry problem). I wanna keep it long but I need some suggestions. I was thinking pretty much getting it  short on the sides (not buzz, just scissors) and back but long on top (especially the bangs, large forehead :p) but idk how it will look with my wavy thick hair. I was considering getting them to thin it with thinning shears but idk how it would look considering a do have  a larger forehead. No picture, but just remember thick and wavy lol. 

quality post right here... :facepalm:

Ozzie831

Reaction score
Hey how's it going?
I made a post around a week ago but didn't get any response, so Ill try for a quick question this time.
Can anyone give me their input on what my face shape is?
When I figure that out Ill go out and look for some hairstyles that fit it :D
Any help is greatly appreciated

bmathe02

Reaction score

Hey how's it going? I made a post around a week ago but didn't get any response, so Ill try for a quick question this time. Can anyone give me their input on what my face shape is? When I figure that out Ill go out and look for some hairstyles that fit it :D Any help is greatly appreciated
Oval face. Maybe keep the top length the same and go buzz cut short on the sides and back. Drastic change

Last edited:

gusmorris

Reaction score
Hey. Now I have had the same haircut for quite a while now and I have a particular one I like. I have this picture and I was hoping you kind people could possibly advice me on how to possibly do this step by step. Before I give the link I will say that my hair is quite thin and straight with slight wave or curves at the end, very much like his in the picture and I would also like to point out his hair looks some what thick unlike mine and how would I then get the same look as someone with thick hair.

please include, products needed, order in which steps I do first, The length I should have on my hair in detail and any kind of particular tools to do so eg, comb, brush, straightner etc

Cheers Gus :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads