1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

edit your post and click "picture" instead of "file" for uploading the pics, so we don't have to download them to watch them

1 person likes this.
  2. SuperheroSoul

SuperheroSoul New Member

thanks updated

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Shave off the beard, shorten the hair (especially at the sides and back), and (no offense) do something to minimize hair loss.

4. az64q

az64q Well-Known Member

Any of you guys use thickening hairspray, or know much about them?

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've used it on my dick. I didn't notice much improvement.

1 person likes this.
  6. andca

andca New Member

Howdy people!
    I'm wanting to try something new with my hair (previously just had short back & sides, with a sort of slight side part + quiff), but have no idea about what my face shape is (Oval? Long? Square?), or what would suit me.
    If someone could tell me my face shape that would be awesome, and any suggestions about hair styles would be very welcome!

[​IMG]

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I don't know much about hairstyles that compliment different face shapes, but I would just continue to grow out the top and fringe while getting the sides and back cut every 3-4 weeks or so.

You'll have loads of styling options once your top is around 3-4" and sides and back are cut short. You'll figure out what works eventually.

8. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Aaron Eckhart, Jr. there. Basically an oval face with a good jaw. The above hairstyle works well. Just about anything medium-length and tasteful should go well with the facial features, presuming it's not very square, which could look hyper-masculine.

9. andca

andca New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gonna have my first haircut in 2 months, so going to just have it tidied up a bit, ask them to leave most of the length and let the stylist do their thing.
    Cheers :)

10. Anna Black

Anna Black New Member

I think the best you can do is to try and search a hairstylist on the net, they are much more dedicated than a hairstylist in a saloon I think, you can have a long chat with them and really focus on your hair and face so you can get the best results, I found several good hairstylist on lifetsyleprofessional.net and I must say I am very satisfied. I hope you'll get a great new look.

11. hairtips

hairtips New Member

Hey everyone I'm new here and need some hair tips (hence the name). My hair has this bad habit of growing "up" and "poofy" and no matter what I do I can't stop it from growing that way. I usually have my hair to the side but am looking for a new look but ultimately wanting my hair to stop growing up and staying poofy. Any advice on how I should cut it and what products to use will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see in some pictures my hair grows up and stays poofy. I added another to show how I currently have my hair but it's pretty bland. Thanks again

edit: and my hair is very thick too. I would love to have thin hair..

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Use a non sulfate shampoo. Boom.

13. hairtips

hairtips New Member

non sulfate shampoo. got it. Ill try that out and see if it thins out my hair thanks!

14. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Hello everyone, Im looking for a new hair style. Something classic. Whats your opinion on this hairstyle? [​IMG]
    What barbers in New Jersey that you would suggest?
    [​IMG]

15. JesseLivermore

JesseLivermore Active Member

I already use Lay-rite for a hi-sheen wet look. However, I now need product for a dry matte look. My hair is quite thick.

My current options are:

Gatsby(purple or pink, I believe)
    ID hair dusty bronze
    Schwartzkopf Osis+ Mess UpTexture Matte gum
    A wax from Bumble & Bumble

I don't want to turn this into a big deal and i'll probably end up ordering 2 or 3 of these all at once, but if anyone has any thoughts on these, or anything else that you might happen to use, please do so.

16. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Baxter makes a decent matte product but is a bitch to get out of your hair. I only use it where I part my hair and where my hair doesnt want to do what I want it to.

17. fathergll

fathergll Well-Known Member

Awesome post and awesome YouTube channel. This is completely the opposite of how I approach my hair.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  18. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Any hair dryer suggestions? I never used one, but ADH claims that I should be.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for good barbers/hairdressers in Austin?

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  19. fathergll

fathergll Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/Solano-Super-...8&qid=1369776919&sr=1-2&keywords=Super+Solano

ADH recommended the Super Solano. I've never used it but placed an order for one today.

I have a cheap one I got from kmart and used ADH advice and I must say I completely saw a huge change in my hair. All of these years I was using product to hold my hair up and simply by using a blow dryer to blow it where I want it and using a little bit of product made all of the difference in the world. Some of the best advice i've gotten about hair .....ever.

20. dopeitsjosh

dopeitsjosh Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for thinning hair?