The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. willmc

willmc Member

Hey guys - lookin for a shampoo that will help moisturize my hair... first time really actually thinking about hair care and I'm pretty sure mine could use it

2. Wess

Wess Well-Known Member

Shampoo is to take dirty things out of your hair, a conditioner is to put nice things in your hair. I think that's what you're looking for.

I've used American Crew's conditioner in the past, I liked it, but my hair doesn't really need it.

3. Flame

Flame Senior member

[​IMG]

Currently.

Any wax that maintain hold without me having to touch up every few hours, but is easy to apply and not too greasy/ heavy ?

those who use japanese stuff like nakano, uevo, arimino etc do comment.

Prefer matt but a little of natural shine is fine.

Or should I just buy hairbond moulder? Seems like it does the job. Previously using Syoss but the stuff is quite pricey.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012

4. Flame

Flame Senior member

double post.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012

5. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I'd guess we have pretty similar hair-thickness and length so I guess I'll just recommend what I usually use: E+46 extreme fiber
    doesn't add any shine that I can tell, and combined with blowdrying after toweldrying it holds great, usually 2-3 days without problem and without really having to do much
    heard somewhere that the moulder is similar to the blue crew one(which my friends has) but a little bit better, so from what little I've experienced of the crew one, moulder is probably real nice aswell (actually need a new one soon, might try it out)

6. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Finding a good barber in boston is next to impossibe...The place I went to 2 and a half months ago is only open at 10 and is too far to go to during lunch. I am going down the cape this weekend, which means 8 more days till I can get a haircut. The sides and back are starting to get some curls.

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

8. OmniscientCause

I am not exactly sure what is going on in that picture.

9. asianman

asianman New Member

I always get the same haircut, short on sides and back and trim off the top. I can never spike my hair up it always just looks a mess. Can some people recommend me a hair cut? I like the look of this hair cut and wonder if it would work on me, if so what would I ask the barber for? I want a nice haircut that can if wanted to be styled, but nothing to extreme, so a soft hairstyle
    I also like the thought of a faux hawk would that work? And what would I ask a barber for if I wanted this i.e. how short on sides , back, top etc.
    Im not interested in growing my hair long such as all these kpop stars, what haircuts could you suggest I get now?

I cant afford to go to stylist, jsut barbers, and do barbers use shearing scissors?

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=22d89afFrom

This is my hair now, i never realised looking at the sides how bad it is and i feel it makes me look ugly especially bottom left corner one, which exposes my receding hairline
    Im going to barbers in next few days and really need someone to recommend a haircut. Also im in uk, anyone know of good places to get london?

10. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Flame - Do you have soft hair?

What works for me is using some hair spray after wax. I use Tresemme (green) along with D:Fi (blue) and my hair stays in place all day and night. Doesn't look stiff either.

11. Flame

Flame Senior member

^ I have typical chinese hair. Straight, slightly thick and pretty healthy, just the right amount of oil (after waking up in the morning). No split ends, frayed strands etc. I can shampoo daily and my hair still feels fine e.g. soft to touch but not so much natural oil that it falls flat.

So I bought into hairbond, have been using the hairbond moulder & distorter for a week now, here are my reviews.

[​IMG]
    Distorter:
    Similar to Sebastian's Craft clay, but cheaper, easier to apply and wash off. It melts and spreads well in my palms, unlike other clays where you really have to rub your palms together to ensure even distribution.

Great for layered or disheveled styles and bangs, like what those brit rock indie band hairstyles.

Only drawback is hold. If you want an all day hold, need to combine with hairspray (although IMO for brit rock styles, minimal hairspray is preferred. It will look more natural and un-forced)

[​IMG]
    Moulder:
    I was quite eagerly anticipating this after seeing all the online reviews. Honestly, its good. Real good. If you want to get that matte male model quiff hairdo on the runway, this will help a lot.

Let's see. Completely matte, decent hold, really easy to spread and distribute into my palms (was surprised by this, usually similar products are much "harder" and more "solid"), and if applied in proper amounts essentially makes your hair look like nothing was in it.

For the male model quiff, please use with hairspray. Else, Moulder itself is enough.

If I had to pick one, I would go with Moulder. Combined it with spray for quiffs, used it on its own for lazy days where I just do a side-swept fringe. Also, decent pricing too.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ok Bozos, I have tried this other Lush product. It is a shampoo called Silvia Cynthia Stout. There is actually stout beer in it, yeasts, balsamic vinegar and a myriad of other stuff. Essentially it is meant to give more weight and control to your hair. It really does work. I don't have to use as much of my Big Tease in order to get my style. Also, I have been using their Jasmine Henna Fluff Ease as a conditioner rather than a treatment. Not a bad system at all. Give it a shot for you fluffy headed guys out there.

13. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

no link... :plain:

lol jkjk

link

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

14. OmniscientCause

leave my fluffy hair out of it :embar: I got my hair cute this past weekend and it looks great on then one thing...where I part my hair the hairs are too short to go down so they stick up...it's so annoying. Ill post a picture some time this weekend. but I think it looks good otherwise.

15. Rookje

Rookje Well-Known Member

Gluten in your hair? idk... :lookaround: