The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I've been growing my hair the last year and a half. I started with a crew cut and now it is to my shoulders. I have ultra-fine dirty blonde hair. A few things I have learned that work for me are:
    For fine hair:
    Use less shampoo but let the shampoo stay in the hair for awhile. Lather hair and then move on to other body parts. After, return to the hair and rinse out the shampoo. You'll notice a difference as the shampoo had time to cleanse longer.
    Instead of fancy sprays, gels and other chemicals, put a teaspoon of lemon jiuce in your cupped hand. Take the other hand and quickly get the lemon juice on your other hand. Then work your wet hands into your hair. Let dry 10 min. The lemon juice will make your hair as hard as a helmet. If it is too stiff, brush your hair. It will have much more body and still stay put in the wind. Because lemon juice is acidic it will also emulcify the oils in your hair, aiding in cleaning it. Apparently it also lightens your hair, especially when sunbathing.
    I am a dirty blonde and going grey. The lemon juice actually lightend the rest of my hair enough that my grey looks like highlights, which I am enjoying.
    Do any of this at your own risk, peril or pleasure. I only speak for my own experiences.

2. mayborne

mayborne Well-Known Member

the slikhaar link from willpower is so awesome! you guys should really check it out. i was checking the sam worthington hair vid. didn't even know who he was. (dude in avatar) but the guy in the vid had an even nicer cut than the fellow he was trying to cop steeze of..

3. 420battla

420battla New Member

4. kalye

kalye Well-Known Member

do people still use a brush or comb to style hair?

5. coffeeist

coffeeist New Member

http://i.imgur.com/jFsp6.jpg

Can someone give me advice on how to style my hair? I'm clueless as to what to do so any help would be appreciated.

My hair is usually poofy on the sides. I recently went to a 'nice' place and told them I want to keep it a little longer but style it. The guy cut the sides and gave the hair a little more texture and said to keep growing the top for a bit longer and then he'll be able to do more with it the next time I come. He said I don't need to put any product in it right now.

6. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

random thought. I've been on the rockabilly end of the spectrum for a few years. Last couple cuts, I've been seeing how far I can push the length up front. Ya definitely time to chop that volume.

7. death shot

death shot Senior member

I've been using generic propecia (finpecia) for my receding temple area and it seems to have slowed the demise. do you incorporate anything else into your treatment? What kind of results have you seen? Thanks in advance.

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

-

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  9. death shot

death shot Senior member

Better/full view of doo?

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

-

11. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Senior member

12. Quinby

Quinby New Member

Hey guys use the herbal essences and it is the best shampoo for the all kind of hair and use it daily and it gives the shine in your hair and if you use this shampoo than there is no need to use the conditioner after that.

Brentwood Fitness Center

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  13. death shot

death shot Senior member

^

Thanks for that.

14. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Hey everyone it's H to the usky HUSKY!

Yeah cut it. You should try maybe cutting your hair shorter and using some wax or something to lift it.

Maybe something like this?

15. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

@cofeeist, you need more hair than that to style it...try growing it a bit more and then trying something with it.

@manoflint, I too have superfine hair, and i find that washing your hair no more than twice a week helps build up a bit of natural oil, giving hair a natural sheen and a bit more volume. also makes it easier to style...