The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. 7AD

7AD Active Member

A lot of people use a leave in conditioner after blow drying there hair

2. APK

APK Senior member

I mostly blow dry my hair if I washed or dampened it in the shower. I apply wax and hairspray on those days, too. Otherwise, my hair usually looks fine enough after I wake up that I can get away with running a couple spritzes of hair spray through my hair with my fingers.

3. KClubs

KClubs Member

[​IMG]

Current state

yay/nay?

4. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

I've been debating changing hairstyles for a while now, and seeing as how I'm in a country that I don't really know anyone, I figure now's a pretty good time to do so. I've got thick-ass hair that needs some type of product in it so it doesn't "poof," and I have no idea what shape my face is. I'm in the green polo, obviously:
    [​IMG]

I was thinking of going short, something trad-ish, but I have no idea if it would work. Anyone have any other suggestions or think this would work?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

5. guest

guest Senior member

hey willpower mind if i PM you a headshot of how my hair usually is without product? and could you tell me what my bread and butter/ go to cut should be?

6. willpower

willpower Senior member

Go ahead

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Hey willpower so are you the go to guy for hair advice? If that's the case mind if I send you a pm so you can advise me of what to use on my hair? I would like a more classic mature style buy I dont know what to do. I have black curly hair that reaches my eyebrows is I pull it Dow . I tried the buzz cut but it doesn't seem to work with me.

Posted via Tapatalk

8. guest

guest Senior member

pm sent

i think.. new SF format is abit strange still.

9. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Okay need some ideas... I've been growing my hair out for about a year now, but I'm getting annoyed by how long and messy it is. I've had it short for nearly my whole life and decided to try something new. I almost shaved it off yesterday because it was so long. I'm tempted to go back to how it was 2 years ago. My hair is tough to style, the curls aren't very tight or very loose, so it looks messy when long. I've used some silk groom by Kiehl, but I feel like I look like I have women's hair when I use it. The first pic is just using a really good moisturizing shampoo and letting it dry naturally. Any advice on what to do with it?

Here is a picture of the current state:

[​IMG]

February:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'10 summer:

[​IMG]

'09 summer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

10. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I think that would work well, but I like your hair as it is now. Maybe something in between what you have now and what that actor has.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

musicguy: i think '10 looked best and you may consider shaving head. shorter the better i think for you.

12. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Thanks for the advice... I'm really considering going back to shorter hair. Maybe I'll keep some length on top to preserve my curls... shaving it is an idea too. Never done that.

13. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

14. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

honestly with where you hairline is at I think the only option is shaving it. No offense but no hairstyle is going to take away from the fact that you have a receding hairline. If you insist on keeping your hair, which you have quite a bit of on the rest of your head I think looking into hair transplants as a solution.

15. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I've heard this before on SF... They're internet photos and I don't have a receding hairline. My hairline has been the same as it is now since I was in high school. I've always had a large forehead and my hair naturally comes back off my face. My hair really grows like a weed.

edit: Maybe it is slightly... but it has been like it is now for at least 5 years. I don't think it's receding. Looked at childhood photos and I did have more hair on the sides of my forehead, but I also had straight hair then. I don't think it's as drastic as you infer. Seriously, having long hair makes it look worse in the photos since my hair comes forward at my temples.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011