The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. kbomb123

kbomb123 New Member

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

3. willpower

willpower Senior member

Get a cut like the guy below. You have a long oval face.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

4. dom999

dom999 Active Member

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

1) Print the picture out or transfer the .JPG to your portable communications device.

2) Walk into the salon or barber shop. Read magazines until your name is called.

3) Show the stylist the picture. Ask them to cut it like that.

4) Ask the stylist which products will work for that look and with your hair type.

6. mntran19

mntran19 Well-Known Member

what hair product will get my hair looking like this?

[​IMG]

i have asian hair, pretty thin and it just flops on my head and parts in the middle

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

Any time you see an obvious studio modeling shot like the one above, you can be pretty certain the product is strong hold hair spray.

8. mntran19

mntran19 Well-Known Member

Good point.

What I'm aiming for is a messy-looking hair style, kinda like the "just got out of bed" look but neater.

9. willpower

willpower Senior member

Have you watched the slickhaar.tv channel on Youtube?

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

willpower i am going to post a pic of my hair asap and i hope you can recommend me something (0)

i have been putting off a haircut for 1.5 months now i think. i usually brushed it to the side nowadays to try to keep it tidy. I want a haircut and new style by the end of august...

figure i chop off the sides/ trim it down to like 1 or 1.5 on the side and just texture my top portion, but do not take off any length.

I actually like this style that you posted will:

suggestions?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

I think this would suit you well. It's a good cut and it wouldn't need a huge modification to your existing hair to achieve the look - some chunky layers and trimming of the sides would be the only requirements, plus some pomade or wax for the top - ask your stylist about that. Bring the pic with you so they know exactly what you want. It's important they get the front part cut just the same as he has it - it's all about the choppiness.

[​IMG]

I like that cut in the Youtube vid, but I don't know if it would suit the texture of your hair. There's also something very Aryan soldier about it that might or might not translate to an Asian guy. Then again, you could be a trend setter.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

thanks, i like that too. would probably get a shorter on the side as my hair tends to grow quick..

any better angles of that hairdo?

the hairdo in the vid is cool but may require a lot of hair product than i would not want or manage.

watching "source code" with Jake Gyllenhaal right now and feeling the 'army hairdo' as well. probably leave the top a bit longer though..

[​IMG]

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

Yeah man, whatever you like. Check out that slickhaar.tv channel on youtube - tons of different hairstyles as well.

The actor in the pic I posted is Colin Morgan

You can do it all in steps - you can try the Colin Morgan look for a month or two. If you're going back to school I think that one will make you look more affable which is always a good thing when you're meeting new people. And If you're not into it you can always cut it more similar to Jake or the Aryan kid in the video.

14. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/669960/width/400/height/400

I could never really find a good hairstyle for myself. Usually when I got to get it cut it gets nearly buzzed and I secretly tell myself FML while its getting cut then when it grows out, it gets to long in the back compared to the front. and I can grow lots of facial hair, but it doesn't match my hair color 100% so it looks dumb which is why i don't have side burns. I have always wanted to try to short on sides and long on top look but don't really know if it would suit me. any ideas please? :(

here's 2 more recent pictures of me if it helps any

http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/670039/width/500/height/500
    http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/670041/width/500/height/500

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

maybe it's just me but i think the shorter on the side and longer/or even shorter or same length suits you better.

so i brought in the laptop with some photos of jake gyllenhaal and asked for said cut. girl laughed at me and basically gave me a small speech about being realistic. 'asian hair does not sit flat like that' :lol: yeah i knew that but still want something similar.

haircut came out good, i love it--first time saying this post haircut. so the results of showing a photo is a lot better. plus i found a new salon and the girl was pretty/cute. win-win