1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Crissco

Crissco Member

Just posted a thread, before I saw this one. Figured ide post it here too.

Basically...Cant think of a haircut to get . Got a 5 finger forehead...im sick of the flip in front. Been doing it for years. Any new ideas on hair styles that will fit me?

[​IMG]

2. stjoad

stjoad Member

I think you should grow it out a few months and see how it looks. You might just need a long fringe to work with.

3. randomax

randomax Senior member

So I found these instructions online for that hairstyle:

Apply a small dollop of curl-enhancing mousse onto damp hair. Attach a diffuser onto your blow dryer and slowly dry your hair with low heat. Once dry, spritz with a hairspray and slightly pat the curls down with your hands.

Haven't tried it yet.

4. Crissco

Crissco Member

I tired that didnt look to good, especially when its dry. I look the best with the side of my head shaved and the top medium length

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

Then you've got your answer. Sometimes no change is the best option.

6. Crissco

Crissco Member

Too bad i decided to shave my whole head a 1 last night bc it was 2 late to get a haircut lol..Takes some getting used to...

Prolly right bro, Fade on the sides then spiked up def looks the best on me..thanks

7. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Senior member

You can also just spike your hair differently if you want some change. Perhaps use a different styling product to add more texture.

8. Crissco

Crissco Member

Any products u suggest? I usually use axe paste(Favorite) and g2b glued.

9. the_drizzle

Try American Crew Fiber. Strong hold, matte finish, and keeps hair pliable.

10. Crissco

Crissco Member

Ill give it a shot bro, thanks

11. Jobz

Jobz New Member

Any recommendations for someone who has a baby face with thick and wavy hair?
    Apologies for the poor quality:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  12. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

I completely forgot about donating, thanks for reminding me although I'm finding it hard to part with the hair now.

The pomp video ain't that bad.

13. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Approximate age? It looks better pulled back, meaning it's too long in front. Also, it is too long around the ears.

14. WCMiG

WCMiG New Member

Hi guys, looking for some advice. I'll come clean and admit I'm recovering from the faux-hawk phase... I know, I know. But I just got into fashion, and at least I'm correcting it now! I'm looking for some advice on what to do next. Here are the essentials regarding my hair and its behavior:

- BLOND, like very blond, and I understand that limits my options
    - Relatively straight, which really likes to stick up in the front due to years and years of training it that way
    - Naturally grows to the right for some reason, but with product I can get it to do anything really
    - Not particularly oily or dry; pretty "normal"
    - Currently about a number 3 or 4 on the sides, fade to 3-4 inches on the top (like I said, faux-hawk... HELP!)
    - In general, I prefer to wear it short but I'd be willing to grow it to medium length if it looks good

I have a square jaw but not extremely pronounced, and a bit of a larger forehead. I've been told I look like Daniel Craig with slightly softer features. Any advice, tips, haircut recommendations or anything like that would be really appreciated. Thanks!

15. Kwix

Kwix Member

Does anyone know if there are stylists who can advise you on hairstyles to suit your face shape and hair type? If so, will they also tell you how to maintain it?

Hair is one thing I am completely and totally ignorant about. I've had long hair for most of my life and I'm getting to the point now where I need to work in professional environments in hospitals/clinics. To do that in most places, I think, the hair is going to have to go. I just don't know what style I should replace it with.

If anyone has an answer to my questions or a style suggestion, I'd love to hear it. If you can't tell from the pictures, my hair is thin and wavy/almost curly. I have no idea how to describe my face shape. Thanks.

Edit: My girlfriend is insistent that my hair be medium length, not short. It doesn't matter to me, really, as long as it looks decent and I can be taken seriously in a work context.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  16. willpower

willpower Senior member

/\ Find pictures of people whom you resemble, at least face-shape wise (looks like you have a heart shaped face) and bring them into the salon with you to show them to the stylist. Don't just let the stylist decide what you hair should look like, this will almost always result in disappointment.

Look at pics of Thurston Moore and Beck for some ideas.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/45182247/Thurston+Moore+Thirsty_for_Thurston.jpg

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Thurston_Moore/198418/Thurston_Moore.jpg

http://thissongthatsong.com/images/beck2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  17. Theboyingreen

Theboyingreen Member

OK soooo firstly I appologise for the long post and the shocking pictures but this is an issue I'd like to address! I cannot decide what to do with my hair. I want a style that will really suit me and just something I can keep up that looks cool. In my avatar my hair has been cut short on the back and sides, textured on top and styled with a little putty. Which I think kinda suited me, but I want something a bit better than that.
    [​IMG]
    ^that, is a picture taken last march just before my 18th last spring which is when I just let my hair do whatever the hell it wanted. So it's about medium length. I freakin hate this picture.
    [​IMG]
    ^This is me with real real real short hair lol.... Yea its shit but I still think it beats the one above...
    And finally, the one below is just a random shot of what I look like now, and somewhat shows what I look like when I'm not posing. So yea, I have a very very big head, as you can see, and I just can't decide what to go for. Help please!
    [​IMG]

18. voyaging

voyaging Well-Known Member

I have very straight, currently about 4" past shoulder length hair (Axl Rose length), and am very skinny (about 120 lbs at 5'11"). Looking for something different, any tips?

I can post pictures if necessary but nobody wants to see my ugly mug.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  19. the_drizzle

If you want to make the size of your head less pronounced, you need to grow your hair out.

Then post a picture with your face blanked out.

20. czarnickoli

czarnickoli New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    So this is what my hair is now...I want it to be remotely similar to Bradley Cooper's hairstyle on the left, first off, will that even be possible with my type of hair even after I've grown it out to the needed length (It is straight as an arrow right now)? And what needs to be done? Layered when cut, to style use blowdryer, gel, and hairspray?