The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dcunited

dcunited New Member

Never had a buzz before -- would it really work for me? I like the idea a lot but my hairline is sort of high so I'm not sure. Would definitely be a change.

I do like the one in the vid -- the tight sides and bit longer top is a cool look, kinda like mine but...better, I guess. Along those same lines I also like this, like a high and tight sort of cut:

[​IMG]

Could always go in the other direction, too, and grow it a bit for a longer "short" style, maybe like this one?

[​IMG]

2. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Is this kind of look only achievable with a certain hair type? More specifically, what is done to the top of the head? (not front)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  3. willpower

willpower Senior member

Your hair has to be quite thick to begin with. You won't get the volume unless you've got a lot of hair on top.

Then product to make it stand up.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

That stuff looks too hard, a wax or light clay might be a better alternative. The runway pic still has an airiness and movement to it, the youtube video is a shell/sculpture

5. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I can get my hair to look like that from the front with wax and hairspray, but if I try to spike up the top part it just looks like a porcupine with spikes going everywhere. Maybe a result of too much use of the thinning scissors?

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Try removing or toning down the hairspray and then just smearing the wax into your palms and running your hands through your bangs? That or the wax you're using just has too much hold. It would take caking it on to get my wax to create spikes

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Been trying to figure out what to do with my hair. I grew it out to do a side part and I'm not sure if I should keep it or cut it. I was thinking about styling it like the 2nd pic that Nations linked but have had problems getting it to stay. What hair styles work best with my face shape? Any advice or tips appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bigger pics here:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/twchinn/July222011

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  8. willpower

willpower Senior member

/\ The pics of you in the green shirt - your hair looks pretty good. I'd keep it like that.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks willpower. That was from when I first started growing my hair out. I actually thought it looked like a mess. Haha.

10. Goombi

Goombi Senior member

Been using aveda grooming clay and finding the hold not that great.

Any opinions on hairbond moulder or Hanz de fuko products?

http://www.hanzdefuko.com/

If not, might just go with B&B Sumowax.

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Have you tried d:fi extreme hold? I just that in combination with a hairspray and the hold is amazing.

12. pbandjai

pbandjai Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  13. gleb

gleb New Member

Hey, my hair is very fine and somewhat oily. My hair tends to, I dunno how to describe it, clump together and rest on top of each other, so I can see a lot of scalp at the front of my head. Can anyone recommend any shampoos and conditioners that would be good? Thanks!

14. APK

APK Senior member

Sigh. I'm noticing a few more errant white hairs on the sides lately. My already light brown hair is looking lighter the last few weeks, but I *think* it's just from being in the sun a lot more. I hope, anyway. My dad started going gray in his 20's but everyone else in my family kept their hair naturally free of noticeable gray hair much later than that.

I suppose it's better than losing hair, but hell, I'm 26. I'm not ready to be distinguished looking.

15. willpower

willpower Senior member

Buy the 4 piece full kit from living proof http://www.livingproof.com/full/ Watch the videos on the website on how to use the thickening cream.
    Hey man, look at Steve Martin :) If you decide to conceal it, always go lighter. Get blond shades of coloring if you feel the need, it'll blend in naturally with your light brown hair. It can look good, but it'll also be something you'll have to keep up with every few weeks in order to touch up the gray roots. Always use tint brushes to apply the dye: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011