• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official GANT Thread***

legendofthepanda

Reaction score
Thanks notwithit, do you wear a medium btw? I'm just trying to get a correct fit on the shoulders.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All in all I am not too impressed with F/W 2012 from Gant Rugger. I am biased, of course, since I own so much from last year's collection, but I think the new versions of last year's stuff are, for the most part, inferior. And a bit more expensive, if my memory serves me correctly.

Homerun 2010 > better colour (and so, so much cheaper) than Homerun 2011.
The toggler 2010 > the toggler 2011 (can't stand the white poly blend lining on the 2012 version, looks cheap IMO, also doesn't have the plaid lining that is one of the nicest things about the 2010 toggler for me)
Hiker parka 2010 > the rain coat 2011/the other parka which I can't find on the gant site atm
Boucle Sweater/Argyle sweater 2011 > any of the sweaters from 2011

There are a couple of nice things, but nothing in it screams 'buy me', which is good because I really don't need to buy any more Gant Rugger stuff : http://www.styleforum.net/t/166748/the-official-gant-thread/105#post_4697913

And a shameless plug that my Hiker Parka is currently going very cheaply on B&S:)

Last edited:

jwoowoo

Reaction score
My Homerun Varsity is coming in Monday. I'll post fit pics once I get it. I can't believe it has already sold out on the site. Well I sorta can actually...

palma

Reaction score

My Homerun Varsity is coming in Monday. I'll post fit pics once I get it. I can't believe it has already sold out on the site. Well I sorta can actually...

$1000 varsity...admittedly it looks sick and impossible to guage whether it is worth the price tag or not. Worth is in the eye and the wallet of the beholder. Can't wait to see the pics, they made like less than a 100 of these right? Really wish they would have released this and something similar to previous year's varsity only in larger numbers. Apparently next season they take it to the next level of premium varsities. Jeez....can't wait till we hit the $3000 mark while the rest of their lineup is still sitting at the price point and quality just above RL.

Last edited:

Berzerk91

Reaction score
IMHO, the new Homerun Varsity definitely isn't worth the price tag. The guy on the Bleecker Street store pulled it out for me a few weeks ago since I had a pretty fun time buying the last in store Homerun jacket they had back in December 2010 for like $300ish (he kept the store open for me an extra 20 minutes while I sped downtown from Yonkers; they're awesome in that store) and even he wasn't convinced of the price tag. It doesn't feel as thick, I don't even think it was lined. The leather was definitely nicer on the sleeves but I don't see $700 worth of difference.

It's pretty much a financial decision, they knew they were all going to sell out anyway.. and now the price will go higher and higher every season.

Lucalias

Reaction score
This is probably a long shot, but I really like this Gant Rugger Anorak from last season.

It's on sale at Gant UK but it's only available in Large and they most likely won't restock it. Does anyone know where else I could find this online?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gant MB has a green milatary one for this season

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they knew they were all going to sell out anyway.. and now the price will go higher and higher every season.

How much higher can it possibly go?
It's already more than a similar but probably superior TOJ.
I could see 500... but a G?

dogatemyhw

Reaction score

$300?? Looks so good though!

Anyone felt in IRL? I may have to save up my lunch money...

jwoowoo

Reaction score
Just got it in. I own last season's homerun also, and I prefer the newer one. Quick fit pic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads