***The Official GANT Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

where to see the f/w collection?

2. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

WTF is up with the retail locations charging $19- to ship a pair of swim trunks.....[​IMG] called both the NYC and New Haven locations and they wouldnt budge on shipping to MA..............

btw if anybody is going to be at either retail location in the next week or so and wants to do me a favor please pm.

3. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I think I have a problem...

Taken for posterity's sake since I am selling the Hiker parka.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

L-R, all from F/W 2010

The Homerun
    The Hiker
    The Shawler
    The Rain Slicker
    The Toggler

Not pictured, but I also own:

The Argyle

[​IMG]

In my defence:

- I don't regret a single purchase, I get heaps of compliments on all of them and they're great quality
    - I didn't pay full price for a single one

I really hoping F/W 2011 doesn't have anything I want....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

4. Islander

Islander Senior member

I bought a Gant by MB shirt from Epaulet last week and it is easily the best OTR fit I have found. They have longer sleeves than usual and taper really nicely in the body. Armholes are high but not too high. Great for taller guys with a large drop (mine is 9-10"). Excellent construction and details too (lined pocket flap/collar/cuffs, MOP buttons).
    I can never find shirts that fit well so I'm stocking up... five more arrived today :thumbs-up:

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Also, sorry for buying up basically all of the Gant Rugger mediums off the last Gilt sale. I'll probably end up sending at least a couple of them back, since I don't really need five additional plaid/check button-down shirts right now.

Stoked to get the two Gant Rugger shirts I took to the tailor's to get tapered. Should be ready Tuesday. Not that I'll get to wear them in 103-degree heat. :confused:

6. Islander

Islander Senior member

If anyone has that yellow rubberized rain slicker from Gant by MB S/S 2011, let me know if you can share sizing info. I need a rain jacket and this one looks all right... I think Epaulet had a few in stock last spring but they sold out and I can't find any size charts out there.
    [​IMG]

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I am having a bad experience with Gant customer service. They basically won't reply to me about a return. Has anyone ever returned anything on gant.com?

8. notwithit

^ Can't say that I have. I've bought off B&S, Gilt, and at my local Barney's Co-op.

Got the shirts I bought on Gilt. Keeping two of five, which doesn't really surprise me.

What I found a bit odd, though, is that shirts that are supposedly the same cut will have drastically different fits. I got one poplin shirt labeled as "E-Z fit", and it fit similar to the Hugger shirts (I have no idea why Firefox doesn't like the word "hugger"). I got another E-Z fit shirt in "Syracuse twill", and it fit like a tent (to the point where it doesn't make sense to even try to get it tailored). The other shirt in Syracuse twill was the same, although it wasn't labeled E-Z fit.

Anyone else notice this?

9. Islander

Islander Senior member

Why are you trying to contact them? Have you already tried online, i.e. go to gant.com > my account > returns > new return > submit?

It worked pretty well for me (0)

10. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Yes. I just went through a return with them and it was kind of a mess. Once you log your return on the website and receive an "acknowledged," you are free to ship it back making sure to inlude the Return # on the box on a printout of it inside. I waited a couple of days too for word from them until I looked again and figured out I could just go ahead and send it back. I returned two pieces of my three piece order, but got refunded for all of it. Pretty cool until my conscience set in. Hah. That was another ordeal in itself it seemed.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

My return isn't "acknowledged" so I guess I can't send it back yet.... Still says "waiting for approval." I emailed customer service about it last week and got no reply. Annoying.

7/12/11 7:54 PM Customer Service
    Your RMA has been placed and waiting for approval.

12. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Ah. Interestng. Mine was immediately switched to aknowledged. Good luck!

13. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

Can anyone please post measurements of the GANT rugger small and medium? Is it really true that GANT rugger medium = Gitman small?

14. notwithit

I've found that the sizing actually varies a decent amount, oddly enough more so by material (e.g., poplin v. Syracuse twill) than by fit (e.g., E Z fit v. Hugger).

Also, I've had all of mine tailored, and I don't own any Gitman, so no, and I don't know.

15. dsoren

dsoren Senior member