• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official GANT Thread***

ironduke

Reaction score
Generally I wear 17.5 shoulder to shoulder and 39 inches chest. Would my shoulder fit in gant tweed jackets M size?

Garbage Mouth

Reaction score

Generally I wear 17.5 shoulder to shoulder and 39 inches chest. Would my shoulder fit in gant tweed jackets M size?

From my experience with GANT, I suggest you try on whatever piece you're getting in person (if you can). I know for the varsity jackets, they were cut well in the shoulders but too big in the chest. The tweed jackets might have the same issue.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an XL in gant rugger "the hugger" and L in previous seasons knits. This seasons wool vest (fair isle) was too small in L , and allright but with too large arm pits/holes in XL.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an XL in gant rugger "the hugger" and L in previous seasons knits. This seasons wool vest (fair isle) was too small in L , and allright but with too large arm pits/holes in XL.

I was actually referring to the herringbone vest, it comes by chest size. I'm a 38, but wear a 40 in many brands (48 or 50 eur sizing) so not sure which to get.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody know how the Gant by MB sweaters fit this season? Specifically the burgundy and navy block stripe? Trying to decide between a small and medium.

The sweaters generally fit small. I wear a small in Gant oxford shirts and I wear a medium in those two sweaters. The cardinal sweater fits really small, and I bought a large.

UniqueDude1000

Reaction score
Following the trend; could anybody ID this jacket? Even if not, I'm particularly curious if it is a Men's or Women's jacket.

Last edited:

NYR

Reaction score
Too big?

IMG-20111006-00005.jpg

IMG-20111006-00004.jpg

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shoulder looks slightly off to me. but the jacket is awesome looking tho. did you kope MSRP?

Last edited:

stingray1381

Reaction score
Shoulders look a tad big, but you appear to only have a Tshirt underneath, so it will be better with thicker layers underneath. I have this jacket as well, and I love it.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone went to the Gant Sample sale? heard it's still going as of today and will have another one come Nov 9th – Nov 11th. anyone going? i'd like a proxy

mockalite

Reaction score

anyone went to the Gant Sample sale? heard it's still going as of today and will have another one come Nov 9th – Nov 11th. anyone going? i'd like a proxy

Me too... I'm interested in a blazer, size 36, if anyone is going, or a madras dress shirt size S or XS...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads