1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official GANT Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

A few quick questions...

First, are there any holiday coupon codes for the online Gant store currently available??

Second, I'm a size 37 chest and would like to purchase the Gant white cotton Slugger and am tempted to go for the Medium, but unsure of fit. Can anyone help with the sizing for this?

Lastly, I will do just about anything for the herringbone HOME RUN jacket in red (not the darker maroon/brown color but red!) and would pay almost anything for this!

Again, I imagine I'd need a size Medium. Does anyone know where on earth I can still find this??

It seems to be completely sold out all over the planet and apparently is in high demand. I'd kill for this jacket!

Thanks so much for all the help!

PS - what the heck is the difference between the Slugger and Varsity jacket beyond the cotton/nylon differential?

Are there any other distinguishing features?

Thanks!!

2. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Damnit, they don't ship to Canada!

Sooooo frustrating!!!

Where can I find the cream cotton Slugger jacket in a size Med?

3. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

37 chest is definitely a small in Gant Rugger. I own several pieces in medium at 42 and they fit very well. Unless you have super long arms, I would definitely go with small!

4. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much!!

I had read reports that the shoulders were very restrictive though... are you sure this won't be a problem?

I usually take a size 38 for coats and I take a 37R in sport jackets and blazers.

If I'm indeed definitely a size small then you've just made my night as I can order this same jacket on Saks website where they still have stock in size Small!

Cheers!

5. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Every piece is going to fit differently, but I think you should be okay. By the way the homerun is also 30% off right now, they might have an S left

6. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Thanks again!!

My only credit card is registered to a Canadian address though so I'm in a bit of a jam... I don't understand why Gant wouldn't accept orders within ALL of North America.

This is really frustrating as I'm ready to purchase right now and am having so many problems completing this order!

Thanks so muchf or all of your help though!!

7. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Well now Saks is SOLD OUT of the size Small (within the 5 minutes since I've posted!!) and the Gant shop only has a Medium left!

Aaarggghh!!!! I don't know what to do. I must have bad karma or something.

:(

8. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Sorry for all these responses but I just had the following chat with a customer service rep at Saks and now I'm leaning back towards the size Medium on the Gant site:

10:54:46 PM John Ray

May I ask the size you are inquiring about?​
    10:55:01 PM Oliver

I would like to know the difference between small and medium please.​
    10:55:10 PM Oliver

to determine which would be best fit​
    10:55:34 PM John Ray

Small is sizes 34-36 and medium is sizes 38-40.​
    10:56:04 PM Oliver

Thanks ver much John; Is this specifically for this jacket?​
    10:56:19 PM John Ray

Yes.​
    10:57:05 PM Oliver

Are there any specific measurements available? I'm a size 37 so I find this a bit difficult.​
    10:57:16 PM Oliver

By specific, I mean (shoulder-to-shoulder etc)​
    10:58:09 PM John Ray

I do apologize, but I understand, its difficult for me to size clothes as well. But at this time these are the only measurements that I have.​
    10:58:23 PM Oliver

Okay thank you for your help then​

I'm not sure what to do!

34-36 is much too small.

38 is okay.

anything above is far too large.

I don;t understand why Gant doesn't list proper sizing online?

In this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/217124/fs-gant-rugger-home-run-wool-leather-varsity-jacket-in-m#3968085) the seller indicates the shoulder-to-shoulder for a size Medium Home Run jacket is approx. 17". I definitely couldn't go less than that. The pit-to-pit is a bit large though. I imagien it's just the fit of the jacket and this would likely be my size afterall?

Is Gant usually true to size? A size Large varsity jacket listed on eBay recently indicated that it fit closer to a Medium, which is why I'd assume a Medium would fit closer to a normal small?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  9. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Well the jacket mysteriously reappeared on Saks this morning in a size Small and I purchased it!

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it actually fits!!

Has nobody purchased or tried on the Slugger before??

Thanks again for the help and feedback!

10. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

I found the Home Run in a size Medium... the shoulder measurements are tight as hell but all the other measurements are too long.

I'd be forever indebtted to anyone who has this HOME RUN jacket in a size SMALL if they could please please please post the measurements for me!

I'd seriously greatly appreciate it.

I would really like to compare as I do not want to spend close to a grand on a jacket that is not the perfect fit.

Thanks all!

11. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Back again with another sizing request... this time for 'The Cardigan'.

Can anyone please provide measurements for the Small and/or Medium?

I'm 5'9" and approx. 145 lbs.

Which would fit me best?

Thanks!

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

the whole 5th ave store is 40% off

13. David Zaritsky

David Zaritsky Senior member

Does anyone know why the sales price wont show up in the shopping cart from their site?

14. David Zaritsky

David Zaritsky Senior member

Was an error on their part...they just fixed their web site....

15. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

[​IMG]

What is up with this jacket? The fit is so weird. So short!

16. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

What's the sizing like on Gant Rugger shirts? How's a large compare to say a large in Uniqlo or Engineered garments?

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I think it depends on which fit it is. They have two major styles, "the hugger", and "e-z ". I wear a XL in the EG work shirt, and XL in Gant Rugger "the hugger" shirts (a relaxed/tailored fit. Not tight in anyway, but well fitting)
    . I would probably wear a L in say RL "custom fit", and a 16/16.5 -36/37 in US sizing.

Im a bit unsure of the "E Z" fit, which is less slim and has wider shoulders/shorter sleeves. The "Hugger" fit is probably my favourite shirt fit allaround, recommended.

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Thanks - I can just get away with a large in the EG work shirt but an XL isn't overly loose so XL in Hugger sounds about right.

19. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

An XL might be a bit long on you though, especially for wearing untucked. Hard to tell if a L or XL would be best for you. Whats your size in Our Legacy shirts?

I could probably squeeze into a L in the hugger cut myself, but it would be a tight fit. I am 193 cm/6´4 and around 84-85 kg/185 lb or so for reference.

20. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Thanks - I've not tried Our Legacy. I'm 6' 1" 42"x36" no idea of weight other than too much.
    I think there's a store in Canterbury that carries them for a bit more than on-line but I'm thinking it might be worth the extra to try one. I flip between XL and L alot depending on brand and cut.