1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official GANT Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ironduke

ironduke Senior member

Generally I wear 17.5 shoulder to shoulder and 39 inches chest. Would my shoulder fit in gant tweed jackets M size?

2. Garbage Mouth

Garbage Mouth Senior member

From my experience with GANT, I suggest you try on whatever piece you're getting in person (if you can). I know for the varsity jackets, they were cut well in the shoulders but too big in the chest. The tweed jackets might have the same issue.

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Does anyone know how the wool vest fits? True to size? I'm a 38.

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I wear an XL in gant rugger "the hugger" and L in previous seasons knits. This seasons wool vest (fair isle) was too small in L , and allright but with too large arm pits/holes in XL.

5. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I was actually referring to the herringbone vest, it comes by chest size. I'm a 38, but wear a 40 in many brands (48 or 50 eur sizing) so not sure which to get.

6. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Anybody know how the Gant by MB sweaters fit this season? Specifically the burgundy and navy block stripe? Trying to decide between a small and medium.

7. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

The sweaters generally fit small. I wear a small in Gant oxford shirts and I wear a medium in those two sweaters. The cardinal sweater fits really small, and I bought a large.

8. boow

boow New Member

9. UniqueDude1000

UniqueDude1000 Senior member

10. UniqueDude1000

UniqueDude1000 Senior member

Following the trend; could anybody ID this jacket? Even if not, I'm particularly curious if it is a Men's or Women's jacket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  11. NYR

NYR Member

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

shoulder looks slightly off to me. but the jacket is awesome looking tho. did you kope MSRP?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  13. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

Shoulders look a tad big, but you appear to only have a Tshirt underneath, so it will be better with thicker layers underneath. I have this jacket as well, and I love it.

14. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

anyone went to the Gant Sample sale? heard it's still going as of today and will have another one come Nov 9th – Nov 11th. anyone going? i'd like a proxy

15. mockalite

mockalite Well-Known Member

Me too... I'm interested in a blazer, size 36, if anyone is going, or a madras dress shirt size S or XS...

16. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

typically you'll be buggered before you find blazers in smaller than 42 at those sales.

17. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

18. cjmorris21

cjmorris21 Senior member

Use code COMEBACK on the Gant website for 10% off.

19. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Anyone know of a place tat has the Gant mountain vest from this season on sale?

20. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

I grabbed this shirt in small. http://us.gant.com/r-fall-madras-e-z-obd Definitely was hoping for a little heavier weight fabric on a shirt Gant described as a "winter weight madras." Will probably keep it though, but the EZ Fit in small is definitely bigger than the Hugger fit smalls that fit pretty much perfectly. Should I size down to an XS, or get the shirt taken in/add darts? Probably will need to get the sleeves shortened regardless.