Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Jan 10, 2011.

1. BillyD

BillyD Well-Known Member

I´d split a bottle of frederic malle - musc ravageur

100ml are 150 euro or 215 $

10ml are 21,5 $
    shipping: 9$
    paypal fee 4%

2. rioni

rioni Senior member

I'd be interested in Tea for Two or Dzing! from L'artisan but Mechant Loup never worked for me. I haven't tried Fleur De Liane [​IMG]
    Anyone have any experience with Fleur de Liane or Mechant Loup, both by L'artisan Parfumeur?
    This one is available online for around $40-50 when using coupon codes on popular websites.
    Hey guys, I'm seeking out interest for HERMES -- Terre d'Hermes EdP. I would like to get a split on this going. The 2.5oz sells for ~$90-$95, so we don't have many spots to fill. PM me if interested and I'll bump in the thread periodically. Basenotes link: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125219.html
    If you're going to host a split, you might want to use the formatting that was outlined earlier in this thread.
    I´d split a bottle of frederic malle - musc ravageur 100ml are 150 euro or 215 $ 10ml are 21,5 $ shipping: 9$ paypal fee 4%

3. johnharvard

johnharvard New Member

Ok sparky, you're starting to chap my ass now. First off, if you want to save $5, then by all means go on over to Basenotes. She's a fantastic seller and is actually where I got my original split of Rose 31 from. She's also in Taiwan so take that into account when adjusting for shipping times. Second, you PM me asking for price breaks if you get in on multiple splits, then tell me that the $87 is "almost as much" as a full priced bottle (which is $130 btw). Then you call me a dick when I won't give it to you and tell you to go on your way. Lastly, and this is just a general heads-up, if you're planning on PM'ing me and giving me shit, or asking for discounts, just save it and go about your business. I don't need a bunch of new members coming over just to try and piss in my litter box. If you want to get in, you're more than welcome. If you try and fuck me about, just know that you're not going to get anywhere. I danced this dance once before and I'm about done with these people. Its not worth my time or effort.
    You must not be taking your meds. I PMed you asking if you’d do a discount for the last 2 shares (100ml) to which you responded with a no. So I said I’d pass (since I figured for $20 more I could get it in an original Le Labo bottle, customized, and with a handful of Le Labo samples of my choosing thrown in…already got all that shipped to me from Le Labo this week), to which you responded with a lewd comment about your balls. [​IMG] I found that remark rude and unwarranted so I responded in kind, which by your posting you obviously didn’t appreciate (but I never called you a dick). So why not post our PM exchange (not like anyone could really care), instead of skewing the truth. I’m sure you’ve danced this before since your avatar is pretty indicative of your general demeanor. Best of luck.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

FULL!!!! A split of Frederic Malle's GÃ[​IMG]ranium Pour Monsieur (EdP) [​IMG] A description from Aedes:
    * Winner of FIFI UK FRAGRANCE AWARD for 2010 in the category BEST NEW INDEPENDENT NICHE FRAGRANCE I'm going to do a 50ml split, keeping 20ml for myself and opening up 3x10ml portions. Cost on each portion will work out to $39 which breaks down to $30 for the juice +$3 per glass atomizer + $6 shipping (North America). Atomizers are from Sally at Accessoriesforfragrance. As for prices, before anyone messages me to discuss... The 100ml bottle is $225+tax/shipping, so abut $2.5/ml, and the 50ml is $150, so $3/ml. So I think asking the $3/ml isn't way off in terms of price. Your only other option is to get the 10ml travel sprays, which will end up costing about the same $35 or so best case. If you check ebay you'll see people selling them for $40-45. PM me if you are interested in signing up and I'll include you on the list. 1.) MyTailorIsRich 2.) Cahrin (local) 3.) RobotClaws

5. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

^^^ for all of the new splitters, this is the SF approved way to post a split and is more likely to get people to take you seriously. Just a friendly FYI.

6. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

Just a reminder that I have spots left for the Bond No. 9 splits. I'd like to get these filled ASAP as they're both perfect for the spring weather.

Also, is there any interest Hermes D'Orange Vert split?

Need one or two more buyers for each. Let's get this one closed today!
    Bond No. 9 Brooklyn
    [​IMG]
    $21.25\t5mL
    $32.50\t10 mL
    $77.50\t30 mL
    $122.50\t50 mL
    $135.00\t60 mL
    Overall, it’s a much fresher scent than you might expect from that designation (the notes: grapefruit, cardamom, cypress wood, geranium, juniper berry, cedar, leather and guaiacwood). The opening is crisp, bright grapefruit, and a burst of cypress joins in shortly, along with a fair dash of spice. It’s slightly green, and the juniper berry lends a sort of gin-cocktail vibe in the early stages. While the leather and guaiac wood are not as heavy or dark as they sometimes can be — Brooklyn feels very much like a spring/summer fragrance to me — it does, as advertised, “tilt towards the masculine”, more so the longer it’s on skin; still, a woman could easily wear it.

It’s an easy-going, casual scent, not so daring as say, Andy Warhol Silver Factory (still my favorite of the line so far), and perhaps not the artsy sort of thing I expected they’d do for Brooklyn, but pleasant and nicely done. I predict it will do very well.

Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street
    [​IMG]
    $21.25\t5mL
    $32.50\t10 mL
    $77.50\t30 mL
    $122.50\t50 mL
    $135.00\t60 mL
    Bleecker Street starts very green and herbal, with perhaps a touch of bergamot. The wood undertones are immediately apparent, but for the most part the thyme has the stage and it does not relinquish its position until far into the drydown. If you pay close attention, you will catch the cinnamon, and early on I smelled a very slight hint of caramelized vanilla, but the main feature of the mid-notes is a strong “fresh” accord, something vaguely marine or ozonic.

The dry down is woody-earthy-mossy. It is very well-blended and smooth, and no particular note stands out. It stays very fresh, and despite the gourmand notes, it does not have an edible vibe, nor is it at all sweet.

7. Master-Classter

. on hold for now... interest check - Mugler's Angel - Pure Havanna is pretty amazing stuff. Problem is it only comes in a 100ml bottle and it's fairly potent stuff... Anyone interested? I think it's about $100-110 for 100ml

8. BioSore

BioSore Well-Known Member

Chiming in got CologneReview's interest check for the Hermes-D'Orange Verte split. I'm interested for this. Let's get it going!

9. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Chiming in got CologneReview's interest check for the Hermes-D'Orange Verte split. I'm interested for this. Let's get it going!

isn't this stuff pretty cheap already?

i'll say i'm in if the price is low (i believe it should be)!

10. softy

softy Senior member

I want to try the fragrance below, so I hope it's not gauche to copy the protocol used upthread and take the initiative to do the same. Split will be for the same travel kit.
    Next up: A split of Ormonde Jayne's Ormonde Man Ormonde Man, a most sophisticated fragrance, despite its unconventional ingredients. Complex and full of character, sultry and mystical, the fragrance exudes soft woody notes, but it is the infusion of Oudh oil, the world’s most prized essence since time immemorial, that sets it apart, elevating the scent to one of true distinction. This enigmatic creation epitomises the audacious innovation of Ormonde Jayne’s first perfume for men - it’s so sensual, you may just have to surrender yourself. Top: Juniper berry, bergamot, pink pepper, cardamom and coriander seeds Heart: Oudh and black hemlock Base: Vetiver, cedar, sandalwood and musk OJ offers a Travel Kit of 4x 10ml bottles. It is the same price per oz as the 50ml bottle so that's the route I'm going to go with. Why bother decanting all the juice, labeling everything, and going through all the cleanup when I can just get OJ to do it for me.
    My MATH (alert me if I miscounted): OJ charges a flat rate of £9 to ship to the US. (Shipping has gone up since the last split) £56 for the kit and £9 for shipping = £65. According to XE.com, £65 = $107 $107 / 4 ways = $26.50 ← Gross cost to get it in-country $26.50 + $5 domestic US shipping = $31.50 per 10ml vial ← Net cost to ship PM me to sign up w/ your Paypal address. I'm going to be issuing real invoices for ease of bookkeeping and absorbing the fees myself. International shipping will be extra at the buyer's expense.
    1. softy 2. MyTailorIsRich 3. zeero3 4.gyasih

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Go right ahead Softy. You're all welcome to use my posts as a template if you like.

Weekend was for shit so the LeLabo PM's won't go out till tomorrow. Sorry for the slight delay.

MC - What's with the grey text?

12. persianprince

persianprince Member

The LeLabo split is now full! I'll be sending out PM's over the weekend.

Hey Ramob, just wanted to check to make sure i didn't get left off any PMs that were sent out over the weekend. Thanks bro

13. BillyD

BillyD Well-Known Member

I´ll try this one:

Frederic Malle - Bigarade Concentree
    [​IMG]

100ml are 150,- Eur / 218 $

so:

10ml 21,8$
    shippping (registered airmail) 9$
    bottle and atomizer 4$

i´ll split 80ml , you choose how many ml you want

14. Master-Classter

MC - What's with the grey text?
    I was initially gauging if anyone was interested in doing a Pure Havanna split since it's limited edition, only comes in 100ml bottles, and is pretty potent... but then got a PM with an offer to get some juice so i'm just putting it on hold for now. That ok?

I´ll try this one:
    Frederic Malle - Bigarade Concentree

I've got some of this at home. If you guys like Concentree D'Orange Vert meets Cartier Declaration (both Ellena creations) that's sort of what it's like. Orange peel opening then cumin-y goodness. Pretty good stuff, although I wouldn't have gone through a whole bottle of it. I'm not sold on longevity, just saying.