1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Jan 10, 2011.

1. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

What's next? If I post up a pair of shoes for sale do I need to include a video of my foot going in it? Just to confirm that there really is space inside?

Come on Rioni. You know better.

I was only sharing due to the fact that I had already recorded it for other splitters. I didn't say it's something I wanted to watch, however if I'm going to split in the youtube community, it's what I need to do. Greenfrog already stated that he liked seeing it, and as a major part of the split that's all I needed to know.

Anyone interested in splitting a bottle of Bond No.9 New Harlem?

[​IMG]

If you're looking for a host I'd be interested and willing to put something togeather.

I'll take the last 10ml.

PM inbound

2. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

^Yes, I am. Please let me know whenever you can do this. I'm willing to take up to 30ml myself.

3. CologneReview

Bond No. 9 New Harlem
    [​IMG]
    The scent opens with a rich, dark, and creamy blast of coffee, vanilla and cedar. As the scent relaxes on the skin, a slightly herbal and powdery, albeit very faint, lavender note begins to surface, and that's pretty much the entire story. Not as heavy or cloying as it might sound, the scent actually dries down with a very subtle sillage.

$20.50\t5mL
    $31.00\t10 mL
    $41.50\t15 mL
    $73.00\t30 mL
    $94.00\t40 mL
    $115.00\t50 mL
    $135.00\t60 mL

Shipped CONUS

Amouage Reflection for Men
    [​IMG]
    A sophisticated, fresh and spicy fragrance, conjuring images of high summer by the sea. Red pepper berries, rosemary and bitter orange leaves provide wonderfully warm and fragrant top notes, whilst the floral heart contains notes of orris, jasmine and neroli. As with Reflection Woman, the spicy freshness of this fragrance is balanced by warm, rounded notes of cedarwood, sandalwood, patchouli and vetyver in the base.

$19.00\t5mL
    $33.00\t10mL
    $47.00\t15mL
    $59.00\t20mL
    $70.00\t25mL
    $82.00\t30mL
    Shipped CONUS

4. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

They have a few locations in NY, otherwise Saks carries them nationally in addition to various websites online. New Harlem is one of the more popular scents, and is harder to find online at a discount. Retail is around $220 for a 100ml bottle.

5. CologneReview

They have a few locations in NY, otherwise Saks carries them nationally in addition to various websites online. New Harlem is one of the more popular scents, and is harder to find online at a discount. Retail is around $220 for a 100ml bottle.

I didn't know they offered it direct from the website. I'll be going that way to avoid taxes, and hopefully free shipping.

6. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Great! I'll take 30ml, my friend. I'd also like to mention they have a free refill event every year where you get a free bottle in exchange for an empty one and the purchase of two.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

^^ pm'd bout Amouage Reflections.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was only sharing due to the fact that I had already recorded it for other splitters. I didn't say it's something I wanted to watch, however if I'm going to split in the youtube community, it's what I need to do. Greenfrog already stated that he liked seeing it, and as a major part of the split that's all I needed to know.
    Calm down. I was just busting your chops.

9. CologneReview

Great! I'll take 30ml, my friend. I'd also like to mention they have a free refill event every year where you get a free bottle in exchange for an empty one and the purchase of two.
    Wow I did not know that. I'll have to be on the lookout for that.

^^ pm'd bout Amouage Reflections.
    PM coming back

Calm down. I was just busting your chops.
    No biggie, just explaining they're all the rage[​IMG] on youtube. lol. Have you decided on your next split?

[​IMG]

10. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

If the New Harlem works out, Brooklyn is another great Bond No. 9 scent.

11. CologneReview

If the New Harlem works out, Brooklyn is another great Bond No. 9 scent.

Depending on how New Harlem works out, and if there is interest I'd be willing to do Brooklyn as well.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I have two people interested in 10 ml of musc ravageur.

If I get one more person interested, I will purchase the 50 ml bottle!

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

50 ml bottle of Musc Ravageur is in hand. Purchased directly from Barney's in boston.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No biggie, just explaining they're all the rage[​IMG] on youtube. lol. Have you decided on your next split? [​IMG]
    Not yet. Probably going to be Lorenzo Villoresi or ELdO as those seem to be getting the most interest. It'll be another week or so before I put it up.

15. bibs

bibs Senior member

16. curt2121

curt2121 Member

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=231802

Creed Aventus 90% , really good price

was originally planning to buy it but thought that maybe we could just split it, anyone willing to host this ? im in for 20ml

hopefully not, I'm after that entire bottle haha

17. Alberts

Alberts Senior member

Hey guys, i'm quite new to this topic, never really noticed it. The aventus bottle for sale is mine (at least, for a few hours remaining, lol). There's tons of pms on it, so that one will not be split. However, I didn't really know that Creed was so expensive over there in US. This might make it interesting for me to do some splits, which could work out cheap for you guys. I would have to know some things though:
    -Where do you guys get the cans to put the splits in? And what do they cost?
    -How do you ship them? In a bubbled envelope or as a package?
    What split size is the most common? Like, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50ml per split? I have access to the most popular creeds in 120ML size, and i believe also some in 250ml size.

18. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

What's the status on the Aventus?

19. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Hey guys, i'm quite new to this topic, never really noticed it. The aventus bottle for sale is mine (at least, for a few hours remaining, lol). There's tons of pms on it, so that one will not be split. However, I didn't really know that Creed was so expensive over there in US. This might make it interesting for me to do some splits, which could work out cheap for you guys. I would have to know some things though:
    -Where do you guys get the cans to put the splits in? And what do they cost?
    -How do you ship them? In a bubbled envelope or as a package?
    What split size is the most common? Like, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50ml per split? I have access to the most popular creeds in 120ML size, and i believe also some in 250ml size.

Yeah - I still today remain shocked at the price differences between here and Holland. Any time you want to proxy scents for me, I will shoot you a pm for sure!

20. normusmaximus

normusmaximus Well-Known Member

Received my bottles of YSL La Nuit Pour L'Homme and Creed GIT from CologneReview in fantastic atomizers. Thanks!