• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have an offer from a fellow forumite for a bottle of Etat Liberte d'Orage Secretions Magnifique. If we can get enough interest I'm going to split this. I've been wanting to try this FOREVER. For reviews, search the SOTD thread for L'Incandescent's posts on it. He's a BIG fan.

Post or PM me if you're interested.

bandrus1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I have an offer from a fellow forumite for a bottle of Etat Liberte d'Orage Secretions Magnifique. If we can get enough interest I'm going to split this. I've been wanting to try this FOREVER. For reviews, search the SOTD thread for L'Incandescent's posts on it. He's a BIG fan.

Post or PM me if you're interested.

I dont think this is that expensive right? if we can get 10ml in the $20 range I may be in

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feeler: Okay guys, this one isn't necessarily niche, nor is it really rare, but I'm going to attempt to organize a split for Guerlain L'Instant Homme EdT. (If anyone can find EdP for about the same price, let me know.) Basenotes Description/Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122961.html I'm in Canada which prohibits me from being an effective (i.e. from a cost perspective) splitter. It sounds like Rambo is willing to assist with (i.e. host) the entire process, which is unbelievably kind of him. The bottle I have found is 125mL and will cost about $70 shipped to the US. (56 cents per mL) I would like 55mL and the bottle. Thus, we have 70mL remaining which I will portion out in 10mL increments. Most decanters are selling this for about $1/mL in small-ish amounts. I think it's fair to ask for $8-9 for each 10mL portion which would include shipping costs in the US. Obviously Rambo will make the final decisions on this since he would be hosting, but I wanted to give some general ideas on price. Please PM me if you are interested in any 10mL increment up to 70mL. Once I get enough PMs, I'll turn this over to Rambo. Edit: If this goes well, which it looks like it will (2 PMs within 30 minutes), I'd like to organize splits on Chanel PM and Parfums de Nicolai New York. Heck, maybe Chanel Antaeus too.

boo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo

Splitting a bottle of Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris Eau de Parfum just purchased from Neimans today. It's still sealed, and I'm waiting for at least one other participant before I open it. I currently have 65ml glass atomizers (the bottle on the right in the picture above) and 7.5ml plastic atomizers (on the left) in my possession, and ready to process for shipment on Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday). Prices include shipping via USPS Priority with delivery confirmation and paypal fees. Discount available for paypal personal.

I just have 2 slots of 40ml each. Cost is $57 (or $55 for paypal personal).

3. boo

I'm considering making 7ml decants in 7.5ml plastic atomizers available if there isn't sufficient interest in the 40 ml bottles. I'll let the 40ml slots run until Wednesday 2/23 or so . If you're interested only in 7ml, but not 40ml, PM me and I'll set up a waiting list. Price is $14 each (shipped USPS first class with delivery confirmation). If there's still an open slot by Wed night, I'll start PMing people.

7ml wait list - If I get five people, I'm going to count that as a slot for above
1. chixdiggit
2. Kyoung05
3. raybert

I'm going to start PMing people who expressed interest in 7ml later tonight to confirm. Note I've dropped the 7ml price down to $14.

senseigmg

Reaction score
I'd be interested in Creed Aventus, Neroli Sauvage, or Vetivier

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
CR - I added your splits to the OP. Keep me updated will ya? I had no idea about those two. ATTN PEOPLES - THE KNIZE SPLIT WILL CLOSE 3/1. GET YOUR REQUESTS FOR VIALS IN NOW!

CologneReview

Reaction score
CR - I added your splits to the OP. Keep me updated will ya? I had no idea about those two.

ATTN PEOPLES - THE KNIZE SPLIT WILL CLOSE 3/1. GET YOUR REQUESTS FOR VIALS IN NOW!

Will do. Jubilation XXV I've been doing for a while now trying to get interest. Chanel was sort of a spur of the moment, see if I can get enough interest.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
CR - I added your splits to the OP. Keep me updated will ya? I had no idea about those two.

ATTN PEOPLES - THE KNIZE SPLIT WILL CLOSE 3/1. GET YOUR REQUESTS FOR VIALS IN NOW!

if your doing a 3rd bottle, I'll double up on my order.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGoodBytes
if your doing a 3rd bottle, I'll double up on my order.
I may be, depending on the interest. PM me your request. Everyone waiting for the Ormonde Jayne - it finally arrived today. ******* customs. I'll start getting the PM's out tomorrow. I've also added a bunch of new scents to the "consideration" list. Let me know if any of them tickle your fancy.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd be interested in Eau du Fier by Annick Goutal. I suspect it would be hard to find in the States.

PITAronin

Reaction score
In terms of upcoming splits (likely or potential) I'd be interested in
LeLabo - certainly the Rose 31 and possibly the Vertiver
Villoresi - Piper Nigrum
Creed - Orange Spice and possibly Tabarome

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads