1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Jan 10, 2011.

1. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

No problem. If you have any left over XXV, let me know. I might be interested in a very small portion.

Will do, I may have 10mL left if I don't receive payment. I'll let you know.

Also please update the front, I'm doing another GIT split after a ton of requests for it.

2. CologneReview

[​IMG]

Characteristics: As refreshing as a walk through the Irish countryside, Green Irish Tweed is one of the signature scents of the House of CREED. Rich, fresh, green, spicy, sporty, original and unforgettable.

Top Notes: French verbena, Florentine iris
    Middle Notes: Violet leaves
    Base Notes: Sandalwood from Mysore, ambergris

Reference pricing buying 1oz from Creed Boutique is $130 and 2.5oz is $225

Announcement Video​

$20.00 10mL
    $40.00 20mL
    $60.00 30mL
    $80.00 40mL
    $98.00 50mL
    $118.00 60mL
    $138.00 70mL
    $158.00 80mL
    $178.00 90mL
    $196.00 100mL
    All prices include shipping to Cont. USA

3. bibs

bibs Senior member

In for 30 on green Irish tweed , pm sent

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Putting out feelers to see if anyone would be on board for a Creed Original Santal Flacon split...?
    [​IMG]

India's royal and spiritual splendor meet in Original Santal, the contemporary scent for men and women from master perfumer Olivier CREED, who for the first time looks to Asia for inspiration.

Mr. CREED combines the essence of royal sandalwood trees from India with other pure elements known for sublime scent, spiritual strength and calming power. Red-as-rubies Original Santal aspires to opulent inner calm for those who wear it.

Classification: Woody / Oriental

Characteristics: Made with heartwood essence of royal sandalwood trees from Mysore, India and other pure ingredients revered for their capacity to soothe.

Top Notes: Royal Indian sandalwood; cinnamon evoking calm and home; divine coriander; fragrant, cleansing juniper berry.
    Middle Notes: Tender lavender, leaves of the absolute orange tree; fragrant rosemary; revitalizing ginger.
    Base Notes: Soulful Tonka bean; dreamlike vanilla

Haven't even figured out prices or sizes yet, just checking demand.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Knize payment requests going out now. The sooner you guys get back to me the sooner I can get the bottle ordered and on the way here.

So, decision time for our next split. I'm thinking ELd'O's, maybe a Lorenzo Vilorezi, or a few less expensive bottles like Etro and Lubin. Any suggestions?

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain seems to be a popular splitter...

The Czech & Speake lineup only comes in 100ml bottles so something there could be an option.

Frederic Malle also seems like a good choice along with Amouage since they're both so expensive per ml and of course quite potent so a little goes a long way. The same goes for Tom Ford...

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

^Well CR's doing Amouage XXV. I was considering Dia myself but its way down on my personal list. I have no interest in L'air since I already own a bottle :teacher: but I'd host for anybody who wants to get in on it. Czech & Speake - Meh. Same as above. The Tom Ford's have been going strong since page 1. Which one is left that's worth getting in on?

I'm thinking Lorenzo Villorezi Piper Nigrum and Musk. That way I can order them both from LAFCO at the same time and cut down on shipping costs. Similar strategy - get two ELd'O's from LuckyScent. I'm definitely down for Tom of Finland and Secretions Magnifique.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

About 70% of the payments are in so I went ahead and placed the order for the Knize10. Hopefully it'll be here by the beginning of next week. WOOT!

9. CologneReview

Just got off the phone with the Creed Boutique in New York (212.439.7777). They advised they were also out of stock for the 8.4oz flacons, and didn't expect any in for two weeks. If anyone else has ideas on where there may be some stock please let me know.

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Just got off the phone with the Creed Boutique in New York (212.439.7777). They advised they were also out of stock for the 8.4oz flacons, and didn't expect any in for two weeks. If anyone else has ideas on where there may be some stock please let me know.

I think my local creed guy has access. He told me he could have any flacon stocked within a week...

11. CologneReview

I think my local creed guy has access. He told me he could have any flacon stocked within a week...

That's the same I was told, and we've been waiting for 3 weeks. Apparently Creed is backed up and not giving details on when it's going to be shipped.

12. curt2121

curt2121 Member

neiman marcus in SF had them, but that was a month or two ago

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Check the local Saks and/or Neiman Marcus stores. Somebody's bound to have one they can ship to you.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Decant supplies shipped out today as well.

Come on people. Give me your opinions on the next split!

15. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur

or something else from FM

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur

or something else from FM

musc ravageur!

17. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

OK, I will do musc ravageur

18. fence28

fence28 Senior member

Musc ravageur is up my alley

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

If you guys are interested, I will gladly host the split for MV. I have 10 ml atomizers coming in!

It would be $45 shipped for 10 ml.

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

If you guys are interested, I will gladly host the split for MV. I have 10 ml atomizers coming in! It would be $45 shipped for 10 ml.
    Check page one GF. I did 1oz for just a bit more than that. Happy to host again guys if you need it.