1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Fast Food Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Biggskip, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

eat your heart out - http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/ PS - I've heard so much about that McRib... anyone ever tried one? What's the deal?
    Within the group of large corporate fast food, the McRib is a real winner. You get "slab" of boneless rib meet covered in onions, pickles, and what I might consider to be a high quality hoagie style bun. It has a small but dedicated following that awaits its arrival for one month each year. It's very similar to the Fillet-o-Fish promotion and the Shamrock Shake. That reminds me, we're about due for the annual Fillet-o-Fish promotion jingle: "Give me back that Fillet-o-Fish. Give me that fish."

3. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

4. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

The Baja salad at Wendy's (replaces the Chili Taco or whatever Salad) is a winner imo. Romaine lettuce salad with diced tomatoes, guac, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, some kind of smoked pepper dressing (I only use a tiny bit of the packet for some heat), and a cup of their chili.

It's tasty, filling, and not too bad on the calories if you forgo the dressing; which isn't really necessary since there's chili on it.

5. Hannerhan

Hannerhan Senior member

Chick-Fil-A for chicken. I have to agree with Anthony Bourdain who said that a Chicken McNugget is the most disgusting thing he's ever eaten, but Chick-Fil-A crushes the nuggets.

For burgers, there is one option which stands head and shoulders above the rest of the fast food universe:

[​IMG]

Whataburger is the only fast food burger joint I know of that will substitute real shredded cheddar cheese for the slice of cheap American. And they melt it on the patty while it's on the grill...so awesome. After Whataburger it's a steep drop, but Sonic is clearly superior to most. McDonalds and Jack in the Box are my least favorite for burgers.

6. suited

suited Senior member

chick-fil-a is the only thing that's edible.

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Chick-Fil-A for chicken. I have to agree with Anthony Bourdain who said that a Chicken McNugget is the most disgusting thing he's ever eaten, but Chick-Fil-A crushes the nuggets.

For burgers, there is one option which stands head and shoulders above the rest of the fast food universe:

[​IMG]

Whataburger is the only fast food burger joint I know of that will substitute real shredded cheddar cheese for the slice of cheap American. And they melt it on the patty while it's on the grill...so awesome. After Whataburger it's a steep drop, but Sonic is clearly superior to most. McDonalds and Jack in the Box are my least favorite for burgers.

At Jack in the Box you want to go for the Sourdough Jack. A rather expensive option in the world of fast food, but sometimes you have to pay up to get the goods.

chick-fil-a is the only thing that's edible.

I find Chick-fil-A to be bland. The fact that they are not open on Sundays is a real downer as well.

What about Chipotle? They use decent quality materials and I find their food to be quite tasty.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

never understood the chick fil a love. I'd eat Chipotle if it were a highway rest stop, I don't mind Sonic burgers with mustard and no mayo if they're done right (this is about 15% of the time I've found) Steak n Shake in the Midwest averages a little better for the basic burger, and I have fond memories of eating Blake's Lotaburger in New Mexico when I was a kid. I find In N Out overrated, have never had Five Guys but would probably find it overrated as well.

9. StandupTJ

StandupTJ Active Member

This. (i take the bottom bun off the mcchicken)
    [​IMG]

10. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Disgusting! You actually eat this shit? Just to be consistent, perhaps you should start buying your clothing at Walmart too.

11. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

never understood the chick fil a love. I'd eat Chipotle if it were a highway rest stop, I don't mind Sonic burgers with mustard and no mayo if they're done right (this is about 15% of the time I've found) Steak n Shake in the Midwest averages a little better for the basic burger, and I have fond memories of eating Blake's Lotaburger in New Mexico when I was a kid. I find In N Out overrated, have never had Five Guys but would probably find it overrated as well.

Steak 'N Shake is pretty overrated IMO. I would much prefer to go to Fuddruckers. They have a cheese sauce for your fries.

Disgusting! You actually eat this shit? Just to be consistent, perhaps you should start buying your clothing at Walmart too.

Haters are encouraged to wait at the door.

12. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Hey now, no need for personal attacks, I and several milion japanese people ate it, survived and am not obese.

I think Freshness Burger would give Whataburger a run for its money

13. Hannerhan

Hannerhan Senior member

What about Chipotle? They use decent quality materials and I find their food to be quite tasty.

I guess I don't really consider Chipotle "fast food" since they typically don't have drive-thru's, but yes it's decent stuff. We have QDoba down here (not sure if it's national?) which is even better than Chipotle.

14. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I guess I don't really consider Chipotle "fast food" since they typically don't have drive-thru's, but yes it's decent stuff. We have QDoba down here (not sure if it's national?) which is even better than Chipotle.
    Yeah, we have them up here. When I drove down to North Carolina a few years ago, we stopped at this place called Zaxby's. Probably the best fast food fried chicken I've ever had. They also served buttered toast with all of their meals, which, as I recall, was amazingly good. Unfortunately, they only have locations down south.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

#6 combo from Wendys

16. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I eat the grilled premium chicken sandwiches from McDonalds. Combined with an iced tea, it's a completely decent meal on the go. I can't remember the last time I had a fast food hamburger. [​IMG]

17. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

am not obese.
    This[​IMG]

18. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Yeah, we have them up here. When I drove down to North Carolina a few years ago, we stopped at this place called Zaxby's. Probably the best fast food fried chicken I've ever had. They also served buttered toast with all of their meals, which, as I recall, was amazingly good. Unfortunately, they only have locations down south.
    I've not heard of Zaxby's. Of all the national chains I would say that Popeye's is my preferred venue. The biscuits alone are worth the trip. They have a promotion going on around "The Cleve" where you get a let and a thigh for $.99 each Tuesday.

19. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

20. Plestor

Plestor Senior member