The official EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Champions, Bundesliga world football threak!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by nerazzurri, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Thank you inter for putting a brief smile on my face

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

I saw 1st half of Manchester/Marseille on FSC - those commentators were insufferable! [​IMG] A completely biased RedDevil/Sir Alex slurpfest. [​IMG] They would go for stretches w/o even mentioning Marseille at all, just jabbering on about the magnificience that is ManU. "I hope all you youngsters who are up late enough to watch this are paying attention to Paul Scholes, b/c he is putting on a masterclass". A second later Scholes sends an errant pass directly to a the French, launching a counterattack - complete silence as Utd scramble to contain the damage...[​IMG]

How any neutral could listen to them and not come away hating Utd is beyond me. Just laughable...

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Nothing touches the "ageless wonder" that is Ryan Giggs!

4. romafan

romafan Senior member

Nothing touches the "ageless wonder" that is Ryan Giggs!

Don't forget the institution that is Old Trafford! It's one thing to beat Rennes away 7 - nil in the French league, but you come here to an historical venue like Old Trafford, steeped in history and tradition, and it's really something quite different, inn'it? [​IMG]

5. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

WHy would anyone outside their fans watch ManU-Marseilles while Bayern-Inter is on and delivering the best game soo far in the CL?!

Hope Inter get an easy opponent in the next stage for once!

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I got to watch both games yesterday when we were at a pub. Inter's defense the first half was horrible. They got lucky that Bayern only got two goals out of the 12 shots on goal they took in the first half. Personally, I couldn't believe we saw 8 goals yesterday in just two games.

7. romafan

romafan Senior member

WHy would anyone outside their fans watch ManU-Marseilles while Bayern-Inter is on and delivering the best game soo far in the CL?!

Hope Inter get an easy opponent in the next stage for once!

I saw last 2/3 of Bayern/Inter 'live'. Cracker of a match! [​IMG] I had DVR'd the ManU/Marseilles and watched the first half last night instead of the CONCAF CL BS they were showing...

8. Cotillion

Cotillion Senior member

So disappointing to Arsenal drop 2-0 to ManU this weekend [​IMG]

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

How any neutral could listen to them and not come away hating Utd is beyond me. Just laughable...

Sounds like a man bitter than his team got resoundingly beaten home and away by Shaktar..[​IMG]

10. romafan

romafan Senior member

Sounds like a man bitter than his team got resoundingly beaten home and away by Shaktar..[​IMG]

Beat by Shakhtar? [​IMG] I'm still bitter about the thrashing they got at Ol' Trafford!

11. venessian

venessian Senior member

No kidding!
    Last year's CL finalists; Bayern had already won at San Siro; Inter up then down in the first half; this was THE match to watch! Eto'o + Sneijder brilliant as always.

I saw last 2/3 of Bayern/Inter 'live'. Cracker of a match! [​IMG]
    Yes!

Beat by Shakhtar? [​IMG] I'm still bitter about the thrashing they got at Ol' Trafford!
    rf...Roma is really in trouble now...they're not even in Europa League for next year at this point. Big trouble in that squad. They did win the derby though, fwiw....

12. romafan

romafan Senior member

No kidding!
    Last year's CL finalists; Bayern had already won at San Siro; Inter up then down in the first half; this was THE match to watch! Eto'o + Sneijder brilliant as always.

Yes!

rf...Roma is really in trouble now...they're not even in Europa League for next year at this point. Big trouble in that squad. They did win the derby though, fwiw....

Yes, the revised 'must achieve' goal is CL qualification. Does Italy get 4 CL spots next year? I thought they lost one... [​IMG]

Europa would be small consolation. This team really knows how to p!ss away points....

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Anelka..jeez.

14. venessian

venessian Senior member

Yes, the revised 'must achieve' goal is CL qualification. Does Italy get 4 CL spots next year? I thought they lost one... [​IMG]

Europa would be small consolation. This team really knows how to p!ss away points....

Sorry, when I wrote "out" above I meant Juve, not Roma (even though Roma is in trouble).

Italy gets 3 certain CL spots; 1 CL Preliminary Round spot; and 2 Europa League spots.
    Right now, under the current Serie A standings:

CL:
    AC Milan
    Inter Milan
    Napoli

CL Preliminary:
    Udinese

Europa League:
    Lazio
    Roma

Out:
    Juventus, etc.

15. Jared7

Jared7 Senior member

I saw 1st half of Manchester/Marseille on FSC - those commentators were insufferable! [​IMG] A completely biased RedDevil/Sir Alex slurpfest. [​IMG] They would go for stretches w/o even mentioning Marseille at all, just jabbering on about the magnificience that is ManU. "I hope all you youngsters who are up late enough to watch this are paying attention to Paul Scholes, b/c he is putting on a masterclass". A second later Scholes sends an errant pass directly to a the French, launching a counterattack - complete silence as Utd scramble to contain the damage...[​IMG]

How was the commentary when you watched this game?
    xx

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.