• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in hearing more.

Or, tell us how you lost weight.

Sorry, already sent those off to LuxeSwap. I'll definitely post links here once they're live, though.

For the weight loss, I did a 4 week pause on added sugars. Outside of that, I'm generally adhering to the 16/8 intermittent fasting unless I wake up really hungry and mostly leaving the wine and whisky for weekends. That was enough to for me to drop about 15lbs over a couple months and it's stayed off for about 4 months now so I'm apt to believe it's gonna be permanent.

And on that note, I have a one of a kind tweed field jacket that I'm sorry to say looks a bit frumpy now because of the weight loss. I'm not sure what the exact details on this fabric were as this was a substitute for a late Hertling order from last year so I don't have an order I can look up. Pretty sure it's a Woolrich 80/20 wool/nylon that Eva came up with a clever name for, but I'm not sure. Maybe she can chime in. It's only been worn once and is an amazing piece. Think this would be between $375-$400 if made new from RTC. Mine was LA made so the finishing isn't quite the same so I'd be looking for $200 including domestic shipping on this.

Attachments

• IMG_6946.JPG
    IMG_6946.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6947.JPG
    IMG_6947.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6948.JPG
    IMG_6948.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 103

odub

Reaction score
For the weight loss, I did a 4 week pause on added sugars. Outside of that, I'm generally adhering to the 16/8 intermittent fasting unless I wake up really hungry and mostly leaving the wine and whisky for weekends. That was enough to for me to drop about 15lbs over a couple months and it's stayed off for about 4 months now so I'm apt to believe it's gonna be permanent.

Just wanted to chime in that I went through something similar around the time I burned 40 (I'm near 50 now) where high cholesterol and blood sugar labs made me take my body's health seriously for the first time, ever. I would say the two things that made the biggest difference in regards to weight was 1) cutting down on carbs (but not going full zero carb) and 2) as Duke Silver mentioned, 16/8 intermittent fasting (i.e. 16 hours fasting, 8 hour window to eat). The summer I started, I dropped ~25 pounds and have maintained the same, new weight for almost a decade now. (It's also what brought me to this forum because I needed a whole new wardrobe and needed ideas of how to start!)

Obviously, "your mileage may vary" but I will say that the thing about intermittent fasting that works is simply how it almost naturally leads to calorie restriction because many folks aren't going to try to pack in the same amount of calories into an 8 hour eating day vs.16 hour one. I never was much of a breakfast eater but once I stopped snacking after 8pm, that became a major way in which I was reducing my daily calorie intake without consciously trying to (I don't count calories in the least).

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on that note, I have a one of a kind tweed field jacket that I'm sorry to say looks a bit frumpy now because of the weight loss. I'm not sure what the exact details on this fabric were as this was a substitute for a late Hertling order from last year so I don't have an order I can look up. Pretty sure it's a Woolrich 80/20 wool/nylon that Eva came up with a clever name for, but I'm not sure. Maybe she can chime in. It's only been worn once and is an amazing piece. Think this would be between $375-$400 if made new from RTC. Mine was LA made so the finishing isn't quite the same so I'd be looking for $200 including domestic shipping on this.

Should probably have mentioned that this amazing tweed coat is a 42.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Should probably have mentioned that this amazing tweed coat is a 42.

Someone should REALLY buy that jacket. Was one of the only custom pieces that we made in Woolrich Dream Donegal. Also one of the last custom items to be made in Los Angeles. It's an amazing jacket.

Van504

Reaction score
I've got 3 pairs of Rivet chinos in canvas sized 33 in olive, khaki and duck. The duck has some slight fading in high stressed areas. Looking to get $45 shipped CONUS each. All 3 for $120 shipped. Googled and found some old stock photos. They all measure in at Waist 17.5", Rise 9.5", Thigh 11.25", Inseam 29.5", Leg Opening 7.5"

olive

khaki

duck

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price drop…

Gitman for Epaulet Flannel
$65 shipped
Size XL

Worn a few times. Perfect condition. Fun bold pattern, incredibly soft. I had the darts in the back removed so it’s not quite as slim in the body.

51A73E73-6D6D-4334-855A-D809B891CA66.jpeg

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Size 42.

Bumping for a price drop down to $180 for this incredible jacket.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a few Epaulet items ending on LuxeSwap this week. Here are some of the highlights:

LNWOT Epaulet Navy Winter Flannel Triple Patch Blazer Suit - Everybody needs a staple navy blue flannel suit for the fall and winter and I loved this one but it's just too big for me these days. IIRC, the trousers were in the "Taylor" cut, they are tagged "38" but were actually about a 36. The jacket is labeled as a "41 Short" but the body is the normal length, it was just the sleeves that I had mad about an inch shorter than normal directly from Southwick. The jacket has triple patch pockets and is soft and unstructured enough that it would also work well as a fall navy blazer to wear on its own since the fabric is a bit more on the casual side.

s-l1600.jpg

INSANE Epaulet x Southwick Superthick Brown Grey Tweed DB Suit - @SpooPoker described this one as "INSANE" in the listing and I don't think that's hyperbole. This was a tweed boucle fabric from maybe the last winter season "Ends For Friends" promo that @Epaulet ran with Southwick? Maybe Eva recalls the fabric and can chime in with just how heavyweight it was. It pained me to let this one go as I only got to wear it a few times and it might have been my favorite custom make-up I've ever acquired but it's waaayyyy too big for me these days. My loss can be your gain! IIRC, the trousers on this suit were also in the Taylor cut, but no sidetabs on these because the fabric would just be way too thick.

s-l1600.jpg

Epaulet Los Angeles Indigo Dyed Sashiko Doyle Field Jacket Coat - One last plug here for a navy blue sashiko Doyle. This was from the very first run of sashiko Doyles and we were told to size up. I've got a few other Doyles in size 40 and this one does fit pretty close to a 40. It's never been through the washer or dryer.

s-l1600.jpg

fruitnuke

Reaction score
Sandy Glen Check trousers.
Silk-Linen blend (these are summer pants!).
Taylor fit.
Manufactured by Southwick.
Asking $150 + shipping (CONUS). They were ~$350 new.

Measurements in the photos, but roughly it's a standard Taylor fit size 34 with 0.5 inches added at waist and thigh. That being said I don't remember if I had them adjusted after receiving - hence the measurements in the photos. Leg inseam hemmed by the factory at 29.5".

Selling as the style just never really worked for me, and I found I just wasn't wearing them much because of that. I've worn them maybe 3 or 4 times? So they're like new. Even has two extra spare belt loops that comes with.

They're beautiful trousers, and hopefully they can find a better home than with me!

IMG_0016.jpeg IMG_0018.jpeg IMG_0019.jpeg IMG_0020.jpeg IMG_0021.jpeg IMG_0022.jpeg IMG_0023.jpeg IMG_0024.jpeg IMG_0025.jpeg

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think wool madras was one of the raddest things that Southwick ever did. Amazing buy at that price!

Someone please buy this! Was really one of the coolest fabrics that Gitman ever offered. Insanely thick flannel from Somelos Portugal... and that color is so boss.

thanks for catching @Epaulet. i've moved my past listings on to luxeswap - so some future steals will be in the offing.

just posting this direct to the bs&t though - a an epaulet x southwick golden tan cord sportcoat, 46L, never worn out and about. from a ca. 2013 (!) ends for friends, my 2nd epaulet purchase, forever closet kit. alas i mis-sized in this case and most of my first year of epaulet buys before i visited the old LES store and got a proper fitting (am a 45L in epaulet fits), but kept this since it would work with a sweater layered under - were i ever actually to wear it. measurements consistent with specs on the current epauletbrand site across the sportcoat patterns (i forget what the pre-dartmouth/nuovo was called) though i'm getting ~23" p2p on this one. $110 shipped to conus.

70440CEB-F0BF-4BFB-9463-53B4E531FAED.jpeg E4F76A6D-DE72-469D-94DB-3950EAEA2488.jpeg A4B17A8B-9647-475F-BC09-1E69E30663AD.jpeg B06FCA49-2994-4243-966B-EF32744D3D5B.jpeg F06E633A-AC9A-49BF-B4E5-2953E1322DDC.jpeg FCD340D8-6F38-4C42-8763-C104EA58365C.jpeg

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another bump for the tweed field jacket now with an actual listing:

I'll knock another $10 off for the readers of this thread so $170 including shipping. Honestly can't believe this hasn't sold yet.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoa, those waffle watters in prior post!

and here - offering a blue wool donegal(ish) vest, size 46. fw17, i think from the first doyle and doyle universe patterns that were other than duck canvas or sashiko fabrics. worn twice, as new condition with a few creases from storage that will work out with wear or iron. great as an over-layer with a contrasting striped-out layer underneath imho. $44 shipped to conus addresses. also fwiw continuing my styfo quest for the most phoned-in pics and staging award.

56E24FFD-18F1-4868-815E-D4832EAC9E6C.jpeg C51D21C3-E735-4665-8401-972552251F5F.jpeg BFD5A6DD-6593-4538-B35D-01DD8F80F87D.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads