• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Definitely a great deal and would purchase if it was my size. Best of luck!
Thank you!
Will trade for something in Sashiko as I have never tried that material as yet....

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two pairs of new pants for sale

New Epaulet Duck Canvas 5-pocket pants, Wilhelm fit tagged 31 (measurements in album) - $55

New Epaulet Mushroom Twill Rivet chinos tagged 31 (measurements in album) - $55

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
checking in with the bs&t thread re this southwick loro piana heavyweight sport coat, 45L (epaulet sizing) and as new. ear for reasonable (rule of ymmv of course) offers for the styfo set and thread habitues. if we've proven matched up on size in the past, please check it out.

been april since i've checked on the thread... still have a southwick ends for friends 1off loro piana heavyweight basketweave dartmouth sportcoat ~45L in epaulet sizing avail. knocked another $50 off.

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Epaulet Duck Canvas 5-pocket pants - SOLD

New Epaulet Mushroom Twill Rivet chinos tagged 31 (measurements in album) - $55

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
offering a southwick sport coat from an early 2018 epaulet single cuts promotion - delfino virgin wool madras pattern, def. summer/tropical weight. size 45L in epaulet fit, dartmouth pattern (same as rtc specs on current epaulet site) with ~1" let out at waist/lower torso. (still has ~1" extra fabric at center seam and likely more at side seams). worn just to confirm fit on arrival and forever closet kit since. working buttons, patch pockets. $300 + shipping, with a little maneuver room for the swift and serious. please ask any questions you may have!

24AD48B4-E69E-4CE2-81B7-02D768E0157B.jpeg
672AF8F8-A829-465D-9459-596A39487309.jpeg

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check on Hertling made Rudy's in a 35? I'll definitely take pictures and provide measurements once I get home from work today if anyone is interested, but I thought I'd check before going to the trouble. I lost enough weight that I think it's in the territory where it would cost as much to have them tailored to my current size as it would to just buy new pants.

Off the top of my head, I have a pair of british khaki calvary twill w/ side tabs and a really soft taupe peached cotton also w/ side tabs. Both have about a 31" inseam w/ room to let out.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't worn a necktie in well over a year now so I'm slowly clearing some out of the closet and sending the nicer ones off to @SpooPoker and LuxeSwap.

I've got an Epaulet tie on there right now that ends this weekend and would be a great addition to somebody's holiday or winter wardrobe:

Epaulet New York Red Green Holiday Tartan Thick Wooly Tie
s-l1600.jpg

jms

Reaction score
I haven't worn a necktie in well over a year now so I'm slowly clearing some out of the closet and sending the nicer ones off to @SpooPoker and LuxeSwap.

I've got an Epaulet tie on there right now that ends this weekend and would be a great addition to somebody's holiday or winter wardrobe:

Epaulet New York Red Green Holiday Tartan Thick Wooly Tie

I have this tie and love it. (Though, I don't think I've worn it in over a year either.) The holidays aren't far off.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gitman for Epaulet Flannel
$85 shipped
Size XL

Worn a few times. Perfect condition. Fun bold pattern, incredibly soft. I had the darts in the back removed so it’s not quite as slim in the body.

FF5E2477-3575-402D-A008-41EF843AD08A.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
offering a southwick sport coat from an early 2018 epaulet single cuts promotion - delfino virgin wool madras pattern, def. summer/tropical weight. size 45L in epaulet fit, dartmouth pattern (same as rtc specs on current epaulet site) with ~1" let out at waist/lower torso. (still has ~1" extra fabric at center seam and likely more at side seams). worn just to confirm fit on arrival and forever closet kit since. working buttons, patch pockets. $300 + shipping, with a little maneuver room for the swift and serious. please ask any questions you may have!

View attachment 1680322
View attachment 1680323

I think wool madras was one of the raddest things that Southwick ever did. Amazing buy at that price!

Gitman for Epaulet Flannel
$85 shipped
Size XL

Worn a few times. Perfect condition. Fun bold pattern, incredibly soft. I had the darts in the back removed so it’s not quite as slim in the body.

View attachment 1686466

Someone please buy this! Was really one of the coolest fabrics that Gitman ever offered. Insanely thick flannel from Somelos Portugal... and that color is so boss.

Lancaster

Reaction score
Interest check on Hertling made Rudy's in a 35? I'll definitely take pictures and provide measurements once I get home from work today if anyone is interested, but I thought I'd check before going to the trouble. I lost enough weight that I think it's in the territory where it would cost as much to have them tailored to my current size as it would to just buy new pants.

Off the top of my head, I have a pair of british khaki calvary twill w/ side tabs and a really soft taupe peached cotton also w/ side tabs. Both have about a 31" inseam w/ room to let out.
I'm definitely interested in hearing more.

Or, tell us how you lost weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics