• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

kczsilence

Reaction score
Epaulet trainers in loden green. Size 10. No box, but have the cotton Epaulet shoe bag. $75+shipping.

Epaulet GAT in gray. Size 9.5. Box lid has torn corners. $75+shipping.

Did Eva ever say if Epaulet will bring these back at some point? I'm wishing I had purchased a pair of the high tops/full court pairs and don't know of any similar makes

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Links to a few of my Luxeswap auctions ending tomorrow:

connersw

Reaction score
Epaulet GAT in gray. Size 9.5. Box lid has torn corners. $75+shipping.

Loden green trainers are sold. Grey GATs are still available.

If anyone has any additional info on the GATs, I would appreciate it since some potential buyers have asked. I know they are a very early model based on the sole. Anyone remember any leather or manufacturing details?

theh00d

Reaction score
^ if only they were size 9!!! ?
wearing my ghost trainer today, I like em better than my CPs lol

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did Eva ever say if Epaulet will bring these back at some point? I'm wishing I had purchased a pair of the high tops/full court pairs and don't know of any similar makes

@kczsilence I don't have any plans to do sneakers on the near horizon. I'd love to... but I'm not sure it's realistic for me to have a viable footwear collection in the current day. There's a ton of competition out there, and new customers are always suspect when a brand is doing footwear AND clothing. For the record, I think that we were making the best sneakers on the market .and the pricing was fair, but even that didn't prevent them from often being a tough sell at full price.

Loden green trainers are sold. Grey GATs are still available.

If anyone has any additional info on the GATs, I would appreciate it since some potential buyers have asked. I know they are a very early model based on the sole. Anyone remember any leather or manufacturing details?

Yes, those were the first GAT's that we ran (2013). Made in Italy rather than Portugal. The leather is calfskin from Mastrotto... sole was from an Italian maker. It was a slimmer last and lower profile than the GAT's we made in Portugal a few years later.

theh00d

Reaction score
@kczsilence I don't have any plans to do sneakers on the near horizon. I'd love to... but I'm not sure it's realistic for me to have a viable footwear collection in the current day. There's a ton of competition out there, and new customers are always suspect when a brand is doing footwear AND clothing. For the record, I think that we were making the best sneakers on the market .and the pricing was fair, but even that didn't prevent them from often being a tough sell at full price.

Yes, those were the first GAT's that we ran (2013). Made in Italy rather than Portugal. The leather is calfskin from Mastrotto... sole was from an Italian maker. It was a slimmer last and lower profile than the GAT's we made in Portugal a few years later.

@Epaulet Since you say slimmer last do you think I can make the 9.5 work? Haha I wear a 9 in the ghost sport trainer (portugal made right?)

kczsilence

Reaction score

I think you were making the best sneakers on the market. Just didn't have the cash to buy everything I wanted. I actually am still wearing a few of them but wanted to plan for replacements and been trying to figure out who has a copy of your full court pair that's close.

I certainly don't want you to stretch too thin and jump into any more competition than you have to. I just gotta take care of the pairs I have so I won't have to replace them.

Stay safe and great!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have some gift certificates for Epaulet products for sale, if you are making a purchase please snag one or more and save yourself a few bucks. Link in my signature.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Reduced to $120 only. Price includes shipping by courier anywhere. Costs me $40 by Fedex so really giving this perfectly new jacket away. Just tried for size. Too thick for my part of the world. . A beautiful wine-coloured Melton wool jacket made from Pendleton Mills fabric made by Epaulet. Someone please buy me and use it for a nice cool evening.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 39

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Rivet Chino Cramerton Cotton Twill Navy

Just got these yesterday from the sale but they are for guys with twiggy legs. Asking Epaulet price of $95. Can be delivered in person for Bay Area. These are great but too much taper. Size 33. Selvedge twill, almost black.

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_110206853.jpg
    IMG_20210506_110206853.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210506_110221236.jpg
    IMG_20210506_110221236.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 37

tonhaolim

Reaction score

It's true there are more than enough "minimalist" sneaker brands out there, but I just sent my old Epaulet GAT to a shoe repair shop despite the somewhat high cost, because it was the best sneaker I owned. Even after all those years the leather upper was fully intact. Some people even asked me if those were Hender Schemes too.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next up are a pair of white Wilhelm jeans in a 34. I got these for $120 so asking $80.

View attachment 1593951 View attachment 1593950

Lastly, a pair of Wilhelm chinos in a fantastic coffee Cramerton twill. These were $145 so asking $95.

Cramerton Twills sold so down to just the White Wilhelms (an excellent name for a caucasian rapper whose rhymes are mostly about lifting weights). Any takers at $50?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads