• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

slows2k

Reaction score
^ I have a pair for sale unworn in brown in size 8 but not 8.5.

I actually saw those on eBay and here, but they would be too small unfortunately. But those in an 8.5 are EXACTLY what I'm after. I have an old pair in medium brown couro chromo and they've been champs over the years, absolutely indestructible. So, hoping someone out there has another pair I can replace them with. They don't have to be exactly the same but similar, at least.

theh00d

Reaction score
^ might need @Epaulet to bring back the Gats!

I been searching for size 9s besides the ghost white ones because i have those and they're my favorite lol

slows2k

Reaction score
^ might need @Epaulet to bring back the Gats!

I been searching for size 9s besides the ghost white ones because i have those and they're my favorite lol

Yeah I don't think there has ever been a more well designed GAT made as well at the $240 or so price point. Ive looked at a lot of other options and it feels like the Epaulet ones were exactly at the confluence of cost, design, and quality. I understand its hard to make sneakers competitively now though, so I don't see Eva making more unfortunately. I have the classic grey/white, burgundy shell, and my oldest pair are medium brown. Those ones I would like to replace, if I could.

oh and once I saw a pic of some custom navy shell ones without suede at the front; they were KILLER.

RuffyD

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of white GATs in 12 if anyone plans on selling theirs

ErikW

Reaction score
Any idea where they were sourced? I agree - the Epaulet trainers are my favorites that I own.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quincy Overcoat
Size 43
Salt and pepper Tweed
$120 shipped in the USA (insane price this was $800+)

please read full description!

Chest 23.25”
Shoulder 19.5”
Sleeve length 26”
Length (bottom of collar to bottom) 37.5”

Up for sale is my Quincy Overcoat. I absolutely love this coat but unfortunately it’s always been a bit too snug for me. It is a salt and pepper tweed with blonde buttons. It was worn a handful of times and in great condition.

I have priced this very cheap mainly because of the one sleeve. The sleeves initially came a little to long so I had a tailor shorten them. They ended up going too short and for some reason trimmed the excess fabric when they shortened it. I don’t know why they would do this but it made lengthening the sleeve back down a bit of a challenge. The end result is you wouldn’t be able to make the sleeves any longer and the lining inside the one sleeve goes all the way to the edge of the sleeve. It’s a little wonky to be honest but doesn’t affect the coat or the wearability. It’s is basically unnoticed but totally worth mentioning. If you have any question don’t hesitate to reach out.
ACD8E324-A60A-40BE-B151-61E9DE4CD29A.jpeg
DE7D8592-669E-4A3D-80BE-69A3CB45FB72.jpeg
4790AA1B-9338-4FC6-AD7F-F0327FB777BE.jpeg
5CB2C9D5-DABA-47E3-A97F-CFBF88CFB1AF.jpeg
EF933A13-2853-4B05-BDD0-D366511B8F86.jpeg
5ECAE797-22D1-4E8A-ABC6-C54DDEBA994D.jpeg
329163C7-EA92-46D1-8CEE-CD357B56CF00.jpeg
7635E027-B705-49D6-A5C4-A7994BA08038.jpeg

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Quincy Overcoat
Size 43
Salt and pepper Tweed

please read full description!

Chest 23.25”
Shoulder 19.5”
Sleeve length 26”
Length (bottom of collar to bottom) 37.5”

Up for sale is my Quincy Overcoat. I absolutely love this coat but unfortunately it’s always been a bit too snug for me. It is a salt and pepper tweed with blonde buttons. It was worn a handful of times and in great condition.

I have priced this very cheap mainly because of the one sleeve. The sleeves initially came a little to long so I had a tailor shorten them. They ended up going too short and for some reason trimmed the excess fabric when they shortened it. I don’t know why they would do this but it made lengthening the sleeve back down a bit of a challenge. The end result is you wouldn’t be able to make the sleeves any longer and the lining inside the one sleeve goes all the way to the edge of the sleeve. It’s a little wonky to be honest but doesn’t affect the coat or the wearability. It’s is basically unnoticed but totally worth mentioning. If you have any question don’t hesitate to reach out.
View attachment 1537348
I must really be an odd creature... the sleeves would still probably be an inch too long for me :)

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must really be an odd creature... the sleeves would still probably be an inch too long for me :)

That’s the ideal situation because you can have them shortened and it will be perfect.

jms

Reaction score
Quincy Overcoat
Size 43
Salt and pepper Tweed

Not my size, but an incredible looking coat and an insane deal.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the EP sneakers were great.

Still wear my original tennis trainers in navy (although I need to clean them up in the spring), and natural GATS. Wish I had bought something in whatever the medium brown color was called. I always thought they'd be restocked eventually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads