• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for my own clarity at least, just a quick roundup of what i still have FS here.

epaulet x thedi leathers ma-1 bomber, tag size 44 (~xl, = epaulet fit xxxl) and basically never worn. $900 w/ some maneuver room. this one's likely getting xposted on a platform by the other side of the weekend.

FD06C746-D651-41AF-8B0C-F5BCE86965AA.jpeg

pine sashiko doyle. size 46, as new condition. $135.

E0849C9E-CEDD-4AB3-8774-7F6C6DDD6A9B.jpeg

hertling walts, tobacco flannel, size 36, ~30" inseam. worn only once for hem job. $85.

7D33929E-99F4-4205-B3CC-C28E454061B1.jpeg

IS grey/blue check brushed cotton shirt, spread collar, xxl w/ yoke shortened ~.5". still pinned and folded as it arrived. $85.

81A9E790-08D7-48B6-B1CD-255CB01B7BCF.jpeg

and this IS safari cloth shirt. custom specs - no epaulets (!), only one flap pocket, genuine horn button upgrade. sort of on fence re selling. xxl w/ yoke taken in same ~.5".

1474DDEF-6B63-4DDB-9A48-C570C0810E73.jpeg

(also still have those GATS, but sort of on the fence re keeping em as well).

i cover CONUS shipping for all above. more pics in the original listing posts - it hasn't been too busy here. thanks for the eyes fast and slow!

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a really beautiful Epaulet by Southwick (EFF) brown check wool sport coat. The fabric is truly stunning and the details are great. Gray smoke MOP buttons, 3-roll-2 lapels, patch pockets, partially lined, double vented, made in the USA, on and on... I bought it from a fellow member here, but unfortunately, it didn't quite fit me right. I invested quite a bit into tailoring and worked with a trusted local tailor to get it to work for me, but I'm just not really happy with how it fits me, and that's a big bummer. I really wish it worked as I don't think I'll find another like it. Here's your chance to get a killer piece at a great price.

It's marked as a 46L, but after tailoring, it fits like a really slim 46L, or better for a 42/44L. The approximate (measured as accurately as I could!) measurements are as follows:

Pit to pit - 22.75 inches
Waist (across the middle button) - 20.25 inches
Shoulder to shoulder - 18.75 inches
Sleeve length (from shoulder seam to end of cuff) - 25.5 inches
Length (bottom of collar to back bottom hem) - 31.5 inches

Here are some photos:

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1622.JPG
IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG

After getting it tailored, I only wore this once, and it's been hanging in my closet since. It looks to have been hardly worn before I received it. The jacket comes with an Epaulet garment bag.

I'm asking $275 shipped in the CONUS.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
for my own clarity at least, just a quick roundup of what i still have FS here.

epaulet x thedi leathers ma-1 bomber, tag size 44 (~xl, = epaulet fit xxxl) and basically never worn. $900 w/ some maneuver room. this one's likely getting xposted on a platform by the other side of the weekend.

View attachment 1381018

pine sashiko doyle. size 46, as new condition. $135.

View attachment 1381014

hertling walts, tobacco flannel, size 36, ~30" inseam. worn only once for hem job. $85.

View attachment 1381017

IS grey/blue check brushed cotton shirt, spread collar, xxl w/ yoke shortened ~.5". still pinned and folded as it arrived. $85.

View attachment 1381015

and this IS safari cloth shirt. custom specs - no epaulets (!), only one flap pocket, genuine horn button upgrade. sort of on fence re selling. xxl w/ yoke taken in same ~.5".

View attachment 1381016

(also still have those GATS, but sort of on the fence re keeping em as well).

i cover CONUS shipping for all above. more pics in the original listing posts - it hasn't been too busy here. thanks for the eyes fast and slow!

Just gonna say... if you're a size 44 or XXL in our stuff, then think hard on that Thedi MA1 jacket. I'd say it the greatest collab piece that we ever made. It was designed entirely from the ground up, and Thedi went out of their way to find an exceptionally soft horsehide that would drape properly and give the right "blouson" fit. Lots of front quarter horse is far too thick and stiff for that, and I was blown away by the finished products. I think the center zipper alone cost like $28 for him to purchase. It's an absolute masterpiece, and I highly doubt I could ever offer something like that again.

A great shirt, like new. I bought it new and cold washed and hung dry, never worn since it didn't quite fit. It's listed on LuxeSwap with @SpooPoker.

s-l1600.jpg

CHAINSTITCH SHIRT HEAVYWEIGHT "AKITA" JAPANESE FLANNEL

Shirt is worth every penny... people ask me all the time for heavyweight flannels, and that t'was the heaviest I could find. It's Ironheart level.

I'm selling a really beautiful Epaulet by Southwick (EFF) brown check wool sport coat. The fabric is truly stunning and the details are great. Gray smoke MOP buttons, 3-roll-2 lapels, patch pockets, partially lined, double vented, made in the USA, on and on... I bought it from a fellow member here, but unfortunately, it didn't quite fit me right. I invested quite a bit into tailoring and worked with a trusted local tailor to get it to work for me, but I'm just not really happy with how it fits me, and that's a big bummer. I really wish it worked as I don't think I'll find another like it. Here's your chance to get a killer piece at a great price.

It's marked as a 46L, but after tailoring, it fits like a really slim 46L, or better for a 42/44L. The approximate (measured as accurately as I could!) measurements are as follows:

Here are some photos:

View attachment 1383663

After getting it tailored, I only wore this once, and it's been hanging in my closet since. It looks to have been hardly worn before I received it. The jacket comes with an Epaulet garment bag.

I'm asking $275 shipped in the CONUS.

Unbelievable check on that! It's top shelf Robert Noble cloth

odub

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that my Woolrich "Last American Donegal" Doyle arrived yesterday and while the temps around here (L.A.) are too warm now to bust it out, I do like that it's light enough to actually wear in the cooler (but almost never cold) SoCal months.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are some photos:

View attachment 1383663

hey, one of my old (ca. 2013) EFFs - bought online before i ever visited orchard street etc. and learned i'd been buying a size too big. it's killer!

Just gonna say... if you're a size 44 or XXL in our stuff, then think hard on that Thedi MA1 jacket. I'd say it the greatest collab piece that we ever made. It was designed entirely from the ground up, and Thedi went out of their way to find an exceptionally soft horsehide that would drape properly and give the right "blouson" fit. Lots of front quarter horse is far too thick and stiff for that, and I was blown away by the finished products. I think the center zipper alone cost like $28 for him to purchase. It's an absolute masterpiece, and I highly doubt I could ever offer something like that again.

Unbelievable check on that! It's top shelf Robert Noble cloth

Thanks for the color commentary and footstomp otherwise @Epaulet! just finally admitting - after years of the Thedi as basically well preserved closet kit - that patterns like the James Grose Aviator or Aero Highwayman are more my style.

And heads up to the field that this will post to a platform later tonight (prob the one i get the impression we're discouraged from mentioning by name on SF for some reason obscured to us SF tourists).

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THEDI MA-1 Bomber Jacket from the 2015 Epaulet GMTO. Dark brown HH and size XXXL as ordered, but that's given the unique Epaulet sizing regime for this kit and maybe not useful unless @Epaulet ran this one again - I'm generally an XL/44 in basic bro makes and sometimes even an L, an XXL in most epaulet OTR, and wear a slouchy 46 in James Grose leather jackets fwiw. Getting ~20" shoulder, ~24" p2p, ~27 3/4 top collar to bottom jacket, and ~36" sleeve from collar seam.

So much my favorite it's become the "don't touch it. don't even point at it" item of my wardrobe - so while in SIP-coaxed edit mode, out to the wild it goes. Kids need braces, all that. Worn in the house a couple of times just to look in the mirror and say "@#%* yeah" - otherwise very well preserved forever closet stock here. Since leather takes on a little character even if put in a garment bag in cold storage, I don't know if you can ever call a leather something "as new", but this comes close. Custom spec includes no sleeve zip pocket for a sharper look.

Giving the ep bs&t lifers a lead w/ this one before we see what's off broadway ("their appeal is becoming more selective"). I'll throw a number out there - $900 - and know i have some maneuver room for the ep crowd. Step up! Shot some hasty pics for this thread post - let me know if you want a shot of anything in particular.

I really like where @Epaulet's taken the leather jacket program w/ Aero since (and still have one in my sights eventually), but for heavy AF horsehide and a clean looking one piece back - you've got to go to the back catalog and the five boroughs era. Also amazing these somehow got made and delivered through the challenge of the 2015 Greece debt crisis --- born w/ backstory.

View attachment 1373775 View attachment 1373776 View attachment 1373777 View attachment 1373779 View attachment 1373780 View attachment 1373781
View attachment 1373784

Interested but a bit confused by your sizing. I wear L in Eapulet ORT and in most OTR (BB, RL, JCrew etc). My shoulders are 19.5 and I wear a suit jacket 44 so your sizing explanation is all over the place to me. I may be interested if the sizing was right but $900 is a lot of coin to mess that up.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hear you. i think i'm a size larger than you - i take L in BB, but XL in those other brands - and XXL/46 in Epaulet OTR tops. Am a 44R in straight BB sportcoats, but a 45L in epaulet's southwick fit.

fwiw the thedi leathers tag size is 44, and i've listed the measurements in its first thread post.

the bomber is meant to fit crisply like its uniform military origins, but certainly would work a touch oversize. (how i prefer to wear my james grose aviator, for instance).

not sure if i clarified anything, but there goes!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hear you. i think i'm a size larger than you - i take L in BB, but XL in those other brands - and XXL/46 in Epaulet OTR tops. Am a 44R in straight BB sportcoats, but a 45L in epaulet's southwick fit.

fwiw the thedi leathers tag size is 44, and i've listed the measurements in its first thread post.

the bomber is meant to fit crisply like its uniform military origins, but certainly would work a touch oversize. (how i prefer to wear my james grose aviator, for instance).

not sure if i clarified anything, but there goes!

I must have missed all the measurements. I have a RL suede bomber (size L) that I'll compare your measurements to. Most of my jackets are biker style so those measurements are useless.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must have missed all the measurements. I have a RL suede bomber (size L) that I'll compare your measurements to. Most of my jackets are biker style so those measurements are useless.

As a general rule, RL large is about a half size smaller than the measurements of that Epaulet jacket. Might be perfect if you are looking to layer or have some room.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a general rule, RL large is about a half size smaller than the measurements of that Epaulet jacket. Might be perfect if you are looking to layer or have some room.

Got it. I live in the south so no need to layer.

plato

Reaction score
Several things to move for spring cleaning. Long story short for most of the shirts, I used to think I was a medium, but am actually a large in Ep shirts.

1) Green Ep polo from a few years back. Marked small but is a Med. Great pique fabric. Self collar. Worn a few times $60
IMG_0064.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

2) Grey polo. Marked Small but fits more like a medium. similar to above $60
IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

Last edited:

plato

Reaction score
Navy cotton Pique suit Ep x Southwick - Jacket 40R - Trousers waist size 34, measure 35 inches, inseam 23.75 inches
asking $270 shipped Conus.
IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0102.jpeg

plato

Reaction score
Ep med shirts

4) Blue and red check size med $70
IMG_0072.jpeg
IMG_0073.jpeg

5) Gauzy grey and white size med (more worn) $50

IMG_0074.jpeg

6) Blue and white plaid size med $70
IMG_0076.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpeg

7) Blue and charcoal check $50
IMG_0086.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg

8) Ashland blue and white gingham, marked small but closer to Ep Med $70
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0090.jpeg

9) Fuzzy perfect flannel (I very much wish this still fit) Also Ashland (made by gitman) marked small but is closer to Med - $70

plato

Reaction score
One more post for doyle and trousers for sale:

10) Green duck canvas doyle size 40 - like new. I only tried it on a handful of times, and it sat in my closet for over a year.
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg

11) Wilhelm / Sandow denim. near-raw denim, unhemmed, never washed by me. size 34 - $80
IMG_0069.jpeg
IMG_0070.jpeg
IMG_0071.jpeg

12) Flecked Brown herringbone heavy wool walts - marked 36, but have waist like a 34 and no observable tailoring at the waist.
IMG_0081.jpeg
IMG_0082.jpeg
IMG_0083.jpeg
IMG_0085.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads