• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a beautiful unworn Southwick for Epaulet suit from the February ends for friends. Ordered because I had put on a little weight and panicked about having one in the chamber for summer weddings, promptly cured my french fry addiction and lost 20 lbs. I could have it taken in but I have enough suits that fit me at this weight and I'd rather rehome it and polish up other spots in my wardrobe.

The fabric is Dove Grey Estrato, described as a four-season fabric. Nuovo Jacket in a 43r, Nico trousers in a 36, the vest should fit if a 43r jacket fits. Tan horn buttons, grey dot lining. The fabric is beautiful, definitely on the lighter side but it will look great with your summer tan.

$1130 new, asking $800 with shipping inside NA, contact me for shipping rates otherwise. Not selling individual pieces at this time, open to offers and potentially trades. If you'd like more photos feel free to DM, not sure what sort of things I should be capturing on a suit.

View attachment 1217940 View attachment 1217941 View attachment 1217942 View attachment 1217943

Drop to $350

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you live in the Great Lakes or upper Midwest? Do you plan to visit friends in Norway soon? Are you headed to Greenland to go work on a flight line this winter? If so, have I got a deal for you!

It’s with great sadness that I must part ways with my Epaulet x Spiewak N3-b snorkel parka. It has served me well over the past 7 or 8 winters but I have to face the fact that I’m just a bit too large in the midsection to fit into this size 38 any more. I’d love to trade for a sage green one in a size 40 or even 42 if somebody has one out there (or just buy yours outright) as I’m a firm believer that this is by far the best collaboration @Epaulet has ever done (though I have yet to get my hands on an Epaulet x MKII Vantage watch.

Each winter we get a weeklong stretch or two of temps around -20° F (with windchills putting us around -30° or worse!:freeze:) and I never hesitated to go outside when I was wearing this. I’m a creature of habit and I like to walk the mile or so to Starbucks every day for a cup of fat and sugar and even on those days I seriously risked overheating in this jacket and would have it unzipped by the time I rounded the cornerback to my house.

Enough jabbering… on to the details:
• Size 38 (this was the equivalent of a “Medium” in these and for reference, I was usually a 40 in Epaulet x Southwick jackets (and a 34 waist in Walt and Rudy trousers) and this 38 fit me well, with plenty of space for a bulky sweater, even now that I usually take a 42, the jacket still fits but my waist has also expanded enough that it’s not the most comfortable looking)
• It’s difficult to measure outerwear but from an old post I found, I think the 38 had the following measurements:
Chest 22"
Shoulder 19"
Sleeve 25.5"
Length 33.5"
• All the buttons and snaps and zippers are functioning as intended and there are no rips or tears or fraying anywhere, including the cuffs and elbows. The only issue I’ve had is a little bit of the stitching around the interior quilting has come undone.
• Overall, I’d say the jacket is in excellent condition, more so given its age.

$275 shipped within CONUS

Here is a write up from Epaulet:
Sixty years ago, the USAF N3-B jacket was created to provide lightweight warmth for flight crews stationed in extremely cold temperatures. Its high-zip neck and padded hood earned it the nickname "Snorkel Parka." Over the decades, it's evolved from a military piece and staple item of Army-Navy surplus shops into a mainstay of classic style.

We love the N3-B. It's very much in keeping with the Epaulet principles. It's practical, stylish, timeless, hard-wearing, and can be dressed up or down. It's often made, but very rarely made well - especially these days. To fill this gap, we've partnered with Spiewak & Sons to produce the Snorkel parka that we've been searching for: the original shape, excellent materials, a few clever twists, USA-made, and of course, a slim cut that adheres to the sizing of our in-house collection. The fine folks at Spiewak came through with flying colors!

We made 60 units in Sage Green, sized 34 through 42. There's a lot to talk about:
Our special edition N3-B is entirely made in the United States, and it's produced to exacting military specifications
Vintage, straight-slim fit that cuts a tailored shape without being shrunken or too tight
The front closes with a heavy-gauge IDEAL® brand brass zipper and features a button-over storm flap with genuine horn buttons from Germany
Classic pocket layout of two snap-closed handwarmer pockets, two snap-closed flap pockets and one interior pocket
Interior drawstring that allows you to tighten the waist and eliminate cold winds coming in from below
Custom charcoal "salt and pepper" acrylic hood liner and custom pale olive interior liner
Genuine North American coyote fur ruff. This is considered an excellent fur to both block wind and resist frosting. The fur ruff zips off if you choose to wear the jacket without it. This also allows the jacket to be cleaned without any special care (typically you would have to take it to a cleaner that can work with fur)
Dual pen and zippered document pockets at the left shoulder
100% Nylon shell with 100% Acrylic hood liner and 100% Polyester thermo-fill
When the temperature gets cold and nasty, there are few garments which are more faithful than the N3-B. Wear it with jeans and boots for an effortlessly rugged look, or pair it with a suit and dress shoes as a mod overcoat with some attitude. Rain, snow, wind, and sleet, are no problem. And you can expect this to endure for years to come. We're thrilled to present this perfectly executed take on an all-time classic mens outerwear piece

93557849-D91B-4869-B6F5-08AD75E5CDF1.jpeg
575E6076-3566-42F2-AD5A-5DDA07690C26.jpeg
DB5BAE10-A8A4-454F-9EBE-B14E70AC8489.jpeg
A6B1F4E2-0BE6-42E9-989A-E62777989511.jpeg
26E02652-0CA5-40FA-8FF8-FF267853D4F2.jpeg
1F0EC3B2-E576-461F-BCED-4E6E59415CEF.jpeg
3CF296FF-3CCB-4E2D-A1E4-6B80415A6674.jpeg
D681C05B-D471-459A-8CA8-FC14DB53D7B1.jpeg
44FCB4CB-AFB9-47E7-A68A-5F9DAC00ABCB.jpeg

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you live in the Great Lakes or upper Midwest? Do you plan to visit friends in Norway soon? Are you headed to Greenland to go work on a flight line this winter? If so, have I got a deal for you!

It’s with great sadness that I must part ways with my Epaulet x Spiewak N3-b snorkel parka. It has served me well over the past 7 or 8 winters but I have to face the fact that I’m just a bit too large in the midsection to fit into this size 38 any more. I’d love to trade for a sage green one in a size 40 or even 42 if somebody has one out there (or just buy yours outright) as I’m a firm believer that this is by far the best collaboration @Epaulet has ever done (though I have yet to get my hands on an Epaulet x MKII Vantage watch.

Each winter we get a weeklong stretch or two of temps around -20° F (with windchills putting us around -30° or worse!:freeze:) and I never hesitated to go outside when I was wearing this. I’m a creature of habit and I like to walk the mile or so to Starbucks every day for a cup of fat and sugar and even on those days I seriously risked overheating in this jacket and would have it unzipped by the time I rounded the cornerback to my house.

• Size 38 (this was the equivalent of a “Medium” in these and for reference, I was usually a 40 in Epaulet x Southwick jackets (and a 34 waist in Walt and Rudy trousers) and this 38 fit me well, with plenty of space for a bulky sweater, even now that I usually take a 42, the jacket still fits but my waist has also expanded enough that it’s not the most comfortable looking)
• It’s difficult to measure outerwear but from an old post I found, I think the 38 had the following measurements:
Chest 22"
Shoulder 19"
Sleeve 25.5"
Length 33.5"
• All the buttons and snaps and zippers are functioning as intended and there are no rips or tears or fraying anywhere, including the cuffs and elbows. The only issue I’ve had is a little bit of the stitching around the interior quilting has come undone.

Sixty years ago, the USAF N3-B jacket was created to provide lightweight warmth for flight crews stationed in extremely cold temperatures. Its high-zip neck and padded hood earned it the nickname "Snorkel Parka." Over the decades, it's evolved from a military piece and staple item of Army-Navy surplus shops into a mainstay of classic style.

We love the N3-B. It's very much in keeping with the Epaulet principles. It's practical, stylish, timeless, hard-wearing, and can be dressed up or down. It's often made, but very rarely made well - especially these days. To fill this gap, we've partnered with Spiewak & Sons to produce the Snorkel parka that we've been searching for: the original shape, excellent materials, a few clever twists, USA-made, and of course, a slim cut that adheres to the sizing of our in-house collection. The fine folks at Spiewak came through with flying colors!

We made 60 units in Sage Green, sized 34 through 42. There's a lot to talk about:
Our special edition N3-B is entirely made in the United States, and it's produced to exacting military specifications
Vintage, straight-slim fit that cuts a tailored shape without being shrunken or too tight
The front closes with a heavy-gauge IDEAL® brand brass zipper and features a button-over storm flap with genuine horn buttons from Germany
Classic pocket layout of two snap-closed handwarmer pockets, two snap-closed flap pockets and one interior pocket
Interior drawstring that allows you to tighten the waist and eliminate cold winds coming in from below
Custom charcoal "salt and pepper" acrylic hood liner and custom pale olive interior liner
Genuine North American coyote fur ruff. This is considered an excellent fur to both block wind and resist frosting. The fur ruff zips off if you choose to wear the jacket without it. This also allows the jacket to be cleaned without any special care (typically you would have to take it to a cleaner that can work with fur)
When the temperature gets cold and nasty, there are few garments which are more faithful than the N3-B. Wear it with jeans and boots for an effortlessly rugged look, or pair it with a suit and dress shoes as a mod overcoat with some attitude. Rain, snow, wind, and sleet, are no problem. And you can expect this to endure for years to come. We're thrilled to present this perfectly executed take on an all-time classic mens outerwear piece

View attachment 1307499 View attachment 1307500 View attachment 1307501 View attachment 1307502 View attachment 1307503 View attachment 1307504 View attachment 1307505 View attachment 1307506 View attachment 1307507

Such a great jacket. I've been wearing my black one for years and have a sage (NWT) packed away in storage for when the black one needs replacing. Highly recommend it!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bumping this. Temps are forecast in the upper 40s and low 50s in Detroit this week but it's got to be winter somewhere!

Chest 22"
Shoulder 19"
Sleeve 25.5"
Length 33.5"

View attachment 1307499 View attachment 1307500 View attachment 1307501 View attachment 1307502 View attachment 1307503 View attachment 1307504 View attachment 1307505 View attachment 1307506 View attachment 1307507

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a b^u^m^p^ and last call for these hertling gunmetal grey brushed cotton trousers. extended button tab upgrade. 6BB0E130-95AD-45BD-ABF0-DD17F1C21BD9.jpeg

also here

cattitude

Reaction score
Hello All - selling my NWOT E. Thomas Tropical Wool Guncheck from Southwick Single Cuts - Spring 2018 - size 38R. Always was too small for me so I never wore it.

Extremely luxe fabric, with a fantastic hand, slight crispness eliciting the feeling that it could have a small amount of linen in the blend, as noted by Mike back when this was on offer. In addition to the brown guncheck, there is a blue line and a smaller green line. Really nice version of a brown guncheck.

Retail was $625. Will sell here for $250 OBO. Make any offer I don’t mind though. Feel free to ask any questions.

see this video for a description-https://vimeo.com/251559298

09DBE85A-7EC2-41AE-802C-5A3C67614172.jpeg

869F5AB0-57EB-448B-A6B0-74EC13E2841B.jpeg

Attachments

• 0080A01A-7EC4-4066-871B-7CD593836752.jpeg
    0080A01A-7EC4-4066-871B-7CD593836752.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 4B688051-C528-4A67-9AF8-9CB85481631B.jpeg
    4B688051-C528-4A67-9AF8-9CB85481631B.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 36

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gitman EFF season SS17, redblue plaid, s/s and epaulet-fit size M. as new, worn once to confirm fit. listed oct19 and still here. now $29 shipped usps priority to CONUS addresses. thanks!

D2A7B3CA-6C84-47CB-944E-07E2E93E5BCB.jpeg 6AF1F602-FBF9-43D8-B1D5-31819BFA9D65.jpeg

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a b^u^m^p^ and last call for these hertling gunmetal grey brushed cotton trousers. extended button tab upgrade. View attachment 1313144

also here

pulled. going to tailor today and getting in rotation for what wisp of a winter is left in austin.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Ghost suede M1 in a 44 or 46 they're looking to part with?

nycs10011

Reaction score
I have a sports coat made up in a very similar fabric. It's definitely one of my favorite jackets, works with most solid pants.

Hello All - selling my NWOT E. Thomas Tropical Wool Guncheck from Southwick Single Cuts - Spring 2018 - size 38R. Always was too small for me so I never wore it.

Extremely luxe fabric, with a fantastic hand, slight crispness eliciting the feeling that it could have a small amount of linen in the blend, as noted by Mike back when this was on offer. In addition to the brown guncheck, there is a blue line and a smaller green line. Really nice version of a brown guncheck.

Retail was $625. Will sell here for $250 OBO. Make any offer I don’t mind though. Feel free to ask any questions.

View attachment 1313997
View attachment 1313998

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1313997
View attachment 1313998
I messaged you about this last week - can you please get back to me when you have a moment?

cattitude

Reaction score
I messaged you about this last week - can you please get back to me when you have a moment?

Hello - I believe I did, using the chat function. Perhaps that didn’t work. I’ll PM you.

bossman100

Reaction score
Morning- 2 things im looking to part with. Both only worn 1-2 times
Sinclair in blue cord sz 42
Cardigan - sz 44, fits smaller. Im usually a large in brands and this works for me. A touch oversized style. Love the purple color!

bossman100

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads