1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Oct 2, 2017.

1. lagsun

lagsun Distinguished Member

Just sitting in my closet (a little big) and my son doesn't want it so hoping someone else can use.

2. Pb924

Pb924 Senior Member

Pumice-Washed Sashiko Doyle in Pine Green, Size 40 (fits slim) asking $150 shipped

This is from Epaulet's spring/summer drop from last year; the pine green has long since sold out. This is barely worn.

It's tagged size 40 but the dyeing process on this jackets resulted in a thicker and slightly slimmer fit. This fits closer to a 38/39 (I wear 38 and this sizing is perfect for me).

Chest: 19.5"
    Shoulders: 17"
    Sleeve from shoulder to cuff: 24.5"
    Length from collar to hem: 27"
    Screenshot 2019-01-31 10.23.19.png

3. theh00d

theh00d Senior Member

Dang if it was just a small lol. And, I'm in the SF Bay Area too : (

4. JayDotz

JayDotz Senior Member

Still trying to move this sample indigo dipped Doyle. The base fabric is a Japanese mini check. Size 40. I forgot my last price but I’ll do $115 shipped.

5981A918-EAAB-413B-A29C-0350ECE4F86D.jpeg 232D7DA3-C49B-4F48-AD7F-041B62F4CF2E.jpeg 019BF210-29CD-44C4-BB6D-3885F016A3B7.jpeg

C44DE601-4748-4388-A3CA-FF37FD913969.jpeg

ADED1614-D046-48D3-95F9-0C1F516ED592.jpeg

5. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

Man if I were only a size 40 I'd be cleaning up on Doyles. :lol:

6. avidtest

avidtest Senior Member

Did the pumice washed Doyles make up smaller than the indigo sashikos?

7. JayDotz

JayDotz Senior Member

The first round, pine and sapphire did make up a bit smaller. They adjusted better for shrinkage going forward.

8. odub

odub Well-Known Member

I had the pine pumice and the 40 was the proper fit for me as someone who normally wears 38.

9. jischwar

jischwar Senior Member

In all seriousness, do you find that you are able to put multiple Doyle's to use in different outfits?

10. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

Yes! It’s one of the more versatile outerwear around.

11. odub

odub Well-Known Member

I like the general chore coat design so it really comes down more to choosing fabrics/colors that work in different seasons for me. I have a navy sashiko coat (Blue Blue Japan) this is very similar in design to the Doyle and that's an all-purpose, three-season coat/color.

I'd like to see what brighter spring colors Epaulet is rolling out for spring and I'm keeping an eye out for F/W Doyles for resale in combos like grey wool/melton, that gorgeous Harris tweed, or maybe the green donegal (I had the gold one at one point but the color just didn't do it for me).

This all said, I don't think I'll ever want more than 3 of those coats, at most. And even 2 is probably enough but outerwear is a weakness of mine.

12. avidtest

avidtest Senior Member

Thank you. Too bad for me. My 40 indigo is a perfect fit.

13. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior Member

I do. It's a pretty versatile shape that I think takes on quite different vibes depending on the fabric. I have 3 (one Navy wool/cotton hopsack, one chestnut corduroy and one olive duck canvas) and all three are in regular rotation. The navy one can function almost as more casual SC substitute. I wear the duck canvas one pretty much as just outerwear w/ pretty casual things like denim and t's (I like to think of it as Travis Bickle chic) and the corduroy one is in between the two. The only limit I put on that one is to not wear it w/ corduroy pants.

14. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

Got my Wilhelms in 10 oz Natural duck Canvas and hoo boy am I ever not a size 36 in these. Letting them go for $80 including shipping. Tried on indoors but never worn. It's this pant, if you need me to take pictures of my specific pair let me know.

[​IMG]

15. Ritful

Ritful Active Member

If you haven't donated that jacket yet I'll take it.