1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Razele, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

2. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Site is down but if that's the shirt, it runs a size large.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right thread for this, if its not please point me to it and ill move it over there.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  4. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

^ Actually that's 100% against the rules of this thread, no promoting of your own products allowed @SpooPoker

4 people like this.
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Good looking out. Over in CM we have a thread that we do link all our stuff in. There isn't one of those over here?

6. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

looks suspect... I can't find any mention of this brand anywhere else, and one of their - supposedly - RRP $1400 leather biker jackets describes the composition as "100% real leather"... obviously? It's $1400, there shouldn't be any need to clarify that, i want to know what type of leather it is.

Since i can't find this brand anywhere else and that "real leather" comment is strikes me as something like a yoox own brand or just some random low quality brand that vastly inflates the RRP to then try and make impulse sales when they discount it 90% to it's true value.

Anyway, if someone as positive experience with one of those jackets then I'm all ears, but I don't like being played by no name brands with fake retail prices

7. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Senior member Affiliate Vendor

don't get TOO hung up on the "real leather" thing, it's something i see on plenty of Italian brands we get sent to us at re-porter.

10sei0otto, for example, never says the type of leather on the tags, always just "100% pelle vera".

and, the leather feels quite nice to boot!

i've seen this on a few other items from equally positioned brands that people have sent to us, but that's the only one that's come to mind.

oh, other than a crocodile skin Backlash jacket that retailed for over $50,000.00 USD - that also just said "real leather" on the tag.

yup, real, genuine, $50,000.00 USD leather. ;p

2 people like this.
  8. Regg

Regg Senior member

yeah idk, could be their own brand but I don't see any mention of that. the other brands they carry, and used to carry, are solid, so I'm hoping these are decent. I ordered 2. Returnable as far as I can tell, so worth a shot imo. I'll update once I receive

1 person likes this.
  9. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

10. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

looking forward to your update, I will order one if they are good! Am not in the US though so it would be major hassle for me if they turn out to be duds

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

12. Regg

Regg Senior member

[​IMG]

Jules, if you give that fuckin' nimrod twenty six hundred dollars, I'm gonna shoot him on general principles

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I don't get it... is the entire thing woven leather? Or like fabric interwoven with leather? It sure doesn't look like pure leather.

What a terrible description:

A hand woven deer leather shawl collar cardigan with silver conch buttons with dear leather wraps for closure. The knit is color-blocked between shades of tan versus shades of reds.

"Deer leather with dear leather"

14. tgaith77

tgaith77 Senior member

Yeah, right? Its like they couldn't be bothered to spell check the description of a sweater they wanted nearly 5k for.

15. vcrash

vcrash Well-Known Member

This conversation has definitely happened somewhere here before... but yes, it's all woven strips of deer leather.

1 person likes this.
  16. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

Look at the price. The leather is very dear.

3 people like this.