***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Razele, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Great deals were available in 2008 when stores were shedding inventory. Now they just aren't really there. I definitely get a lot of crap low-balling which is just irritating.

2. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

It's not that thick, mid 40s is probably the coldest it'll be good for.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i don't see the point of resisting if its a grail, on the other hand how can you resist a grail if it's really a grail. doesn't add up, slither you way to the thread you serpent ! your frequent absences haven't gone unnoticed :paranoia:

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

In buyer's defense, your prices really are pretty high imo

5. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Eh - I don't think my ask on a Stile Latino suit NWT is that bad... and frankly I don't mind taking offers, but when some dumbass asks me if I'll take $200 for the suit, I pretty much tell them to f* off.

Actually this weekend I was going to lower them to firm prices and remove the OBO to see if that gets me a better result.

6. snake

snake Senior member

Oh why it isn't the local enabler in chief! I will not have your logic stirring up my emotions.
    I have other priorities atm, so may sleep on it.
    considering..
    [​IMG]

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

THat is a great suit.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

People offer regardless. Gotten offers of 25-33% of asking price on items, wide range of excuses with most saying they are students. Well I am too so should I bump my price up? Or the ones who think since you are selling instead of a store, that the item is technically used and should automatically be deducted 50%. Or when you are offering an item you may return for free, and they want you to pay for shipping and lower the price. :fu:

9. wurm

wurm Senior member

There's a lot of subconscious decisions in all marketing. But you're right to point this out since I think that on forums/ebay the disparity between sellers' (almost always unskilled) 'strategies' / 'marketing' causes significantly different reactions from buyers for similar/the same items. I definitely notice myself being affected by aspects of a sales thread that have nothing to do with the price or item: number of pics, measurements, listing details (fabric composition, fit, etc) - things I could simply send a PM about. The biggest turn off from buying for me is an "IC" or selling something without a price. It always makes me think the seller is essentially trying to get more than something is worth. I often don't know what something is really worth so I always think that if I make an offer I'll get ripped off. Furthermore, I don't want to offend the person with a price too low.

Sometimes less can be more when listing an item (i.e. succinct details, not too many measurements, a few pics but not too many - just the ones needed, etc.). A clean format definitely helps. Also, when someone posts something in a good find/should kop thread it always makes the item seem more desirable and worth a higher price. I further think that listing a thread with some highly sought after items will help sell the other items in the thread that aren't as great (though not necessarily bad). If you price drop too low, people will think it was never worth the price you were asking even if it's a great deal. If you price drop too often, many will keep on expecting you to do so until they can get a really good price. Obviously less common items that can't be easily compared (i.e. OG KVA Dior Crazy Laces vs GATs or CPs) means less expectations for pricing so one time someone might list an item for $400 and a few months later someone will list the same thing in the same state for $700 and it could sell faster the second time.

Not sure why I wrote all this. I guess just suggesting to be more mindful of this stuff when selling an item. I'm not a marketing/advertising major (somewhat similar one though), so someone else could probably shed more light on this.

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

maybe i'm an idiot (ok, i'm an idiot), but I don't get the bitching about low balling. you never really know a seller's position and if you never ask you'll never know. if you're that offended by the offer, don't even respond. I try not to lowball because I feel as though I appreciate the value of higher end stuff, but i certainly can see why people do it. it's whatever. you don't have to say yes.

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Yea, I usually make an offer about 80-95% the original asking price, I feel a little more comfortable asking for more off the more expensive it is, so that my offer is proportional.

But when people seriously lowball me, I'll just respond with a rageface or something lol

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Mikey, you won't understand until you've sold things yourself. Flakers and lowballers waste so much of your time

13. snake

snake Senior member

Just blacklist 'em :nodding:

14. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Worst is when you want to move something and then you say ok, and they add in the I'm in xx country so price is same right? And I want tracking + insurance.

Or if you agree, give them PayPal email and they don't respond and stop replying to any messages