1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Razele, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

pretty sure there's a code

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

does it really say wine color?

3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I'm not so sure there's a code. It says extra 25% off sale items but if you look at the fine print it says:

*Online only. Selected merchandise only; qualifying items will be designated on the site with an indication on their product page. 25% off will be reflected at checkout. Interim markdowns may have been taken. No adjustments for prior purchases. Excludes Online Clearance merchandise

4. Parker

Parker Senior member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  5. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

6. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  7. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

synthese it seems you're moving towards a workwear aesthetic, which is good, but i don't think EG is the brand for you. EG is all about narrow shoulders/wide chest, and it doesn't seem you have narrow shoulders. you should check out some of the more british brands -- folk, garbstore, or some of the rarer japanese like ts(s)

10. Synthese

I wouldn't call it "workwear" at all, actually - just more relaxed, more textured, and more 3D (shoreman), potentially. Out of the brands you've listed, only TS(S) has ever really had any appeal. I'm not after "heritage," more like layered grunge. I think EG is worth a shot, at least. If it doesn't work out, so be it. other brands on my shortlist are White Mountaineering and Nonnative, along with (possibly) some more geller - I have also always wanted a cabourn cameraman. I wouldn't call any of that workwear, though. I guess the thing is that I see the Folk/ Oliver Spencer/ Howlin' -type midmarket brands everywhere these days, and they just don't appeal to me in person.

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

How about Beams+ ?

Folk is okay, but the quality isn't stunning and sometimes it's annoyingly 'quirky'. I like Oliver Spencer - quality is solid for the price.

I tried a couple of EG jackets but neither fitted by my body shape - I seem to fall in the gap between L/XL. I've got a couple of shirts - one slightly too big, one borderline small :)

12. APK

APK Senior member

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

I like your paratrooper/bedouin/biker jacket stuff, and anything paired with that cloak jacket. Hopefully you won't give that up entirely as you seek new things.

2 people like this.
  14. LTTP

LTTP Senior member

esemplare is also worth a look, IMO. they sometimes do some subtle, interesting things with their fabrics/details that doesn't really sit in the workwear or heritage camp too literally.

15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Synth I'm surprised you're not more into Rick's dust / drkshdw (the warm brown and green colors) stuff. No one on any of the internet forums really wears anything but the black/white for some reason, but the softer colors have got that grungy desert apocalyptic warlord vibe you go for.

I bought a dust tank for like $70 when teger pointed it out on yoox a bit ago (thanks) and I love it. It looks really good with a geller shirt and jeans or a wide-neck tee and leather, and the hemline is so fragile that it's going to start looking really cool when it shreds.

Then again I saw you say you didn't really like the stuff you had so idk.

16. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

Synth could make a combo of Cloak, number (n)ine, SoloIst, and some monitaly, miharayasuhiro and nonnative look really, really good.

edit: and levi's and MMM

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  17. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Hi Synth, join me

You should give EG a try anyways. It might work out, and if anything is, it's generally an easy flip. Nonnative also has quite a few seasonal releases on jackets that you're looking for and olive is a pretty common color. If EG doesn't work for you, WM may not either. I have found the shoulders on WM to be fairly narrow as well. Nonnative seems to be much easier to "play" with the fit, and I can probably wear a range of sizes from them comfortably depending on the piece.

Though I would definitely, definitely recommend proxying WM and Nonnative. The selection is better and the pricing is also better. The only problem is that you may not be able to find your size, but some great stuff in 2-3 pops up a lot, maybe it will fit you. You could also look at sasquatchfabrix and eototo, which have some pretty interesting pieces that fit into what you're looking for. Trove (japanese brand) is also something you may look into.

New WWM is pretty boring and a lot of it is too heavy on..pockets. Or something else. It's always something. I don't like it that much. Pretty much most of Beams+ isn't worth it...I have tried a range of pieces and have always returned.

If you need help with nonnative sizing or any questions you can always PM me.

3 people like this.
  18. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

reminder that Beams+ is just a high street brand but people got excited over it because it was like J Crew but #rare over here

19. Synthese

Thanks, guys, for the kind words and all the tips. I'm a bit surprised that this has gotten so much interest. I don't really have any desire to abandon the paratrooper/desert bedouin look; on the contrary, I kind of see this as embracing that same feeling, just with a slightly different look. The ultra-drapery didn't really work out (Damir and Rick) - It just wasn't as easy for me to wear. I like a bit of structure, I guess, and I think more "functionality" than I had realized. All the brands that have been mentioned - EG, Nonnative, N(N), thesoloist - they actually give me the same feeling that the things I own do. The problem is always sizing. I am definitely not a small dude. I guess you could say that where I once wanted to sit in robes and sip tea, I'm now more after the han in the cantina/atreides interloper look. I like layering, I like feeling cozy, and I like being comfortable. Tween basically posted my shortlist. There's a bunch of Cloak on ebay right now, and it's all about 1/2 size too small. I also still want some NN wanderer boots - there's a pair on B+S but they look pretty beat. KJ, the only rick pieces that I have ever really had a lasting desire for (aside from sneakers) are the non-black ones. I own a couple of tees, and I really like them (I like his dust colors), but it feels ridiculous to pay 130$ for jersey. Not sure what to do about that, because in a way I think his basics are his best works. Oh, and the pilot jacket. I still like those.

2 people like this.