***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Razele, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sipang

sipang Senior member

I missed out on something my boy pm'ed me about ah well.

way to go [​IMG]

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

loved it just not the right color son

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

ErvellxDocMarten size 11. Hurry someone on here pick these up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/patrik-ervell-do...#ht_500wt_1156

Dammit those were for me... his previous listing hadn't sold and I said I'd buy em if he relisted. [​IMG]

5. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Dammit those were for me... his previous listing hadn't sold and I said I'd buy em if he relisted. [​IMG]

[​IMG] I should have bought all those and resold them. They had tons of them for 20$ a pop.

6. acl1

acl1 Senior member

7. Desi

Desi Senior member

I sadly ran into that problem before.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

9. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Those are the worst fakes ever, kinda cool that they actually used the jordan sole instead of the crepe that most of the fakes are using.

10. snake

snake Senior member

haha I've actually thought about getting fake dunks if I ever found em for cheap, but those look baddd

11. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Fake dunks! Multiple sizes! $52 shipped! http://cgi.ebay.com/hta15-HI-TOP-Hom...item255af364af Somebody get on this!
    Haha, but its more of an "inspired by" take on them rather than an attempt at making a replica. I kind of like 'em. Might get a pair for work [​IMG] "They are not any named! (Please no more question about BRAND)"

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Haha, but its more of an "inspired by" take on them rather than an attempt at making a replica.
    I kind of like 'em. Might get a pair for work [​IMG]

"They are not any named! (Please no more question about BRAND)"

Total bullshit, they are counterfeits hoping that by not putting a Rick Owens label in there they'll be safe from intellectual property claims.

If this was just something "inspired by" RO's designs it wouldn't be doing its very best to copy the exact shape of the white swooshes (the bottommost of which, I've gotta say, always reminds me very unpleasantly of Nike branding)

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Well I don't think that Nike sued RO or Raf for making interpretations of their original designs, so I guess it's only fair that someone re-interprets the interpretations. Varying shades of grey here...

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

^^ I think he just means that they're not trying to pass them off as actual Rick Dunks. It would be different if they were presented as such instead of just having a knock-off presented as a knock-off. I'm pretty sure I've seen rip-offs of designer jeans (Diesel, TR, 7FAM, &c.) at discount stores in the US. They were just labeled as a different brand but were obvious copies. And isn't the point of Rick Dunks to be a play on Nike Dunks? Or did I miss something there? [​IMG]

15. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Well I don't think that Nike sued RO or Raf for making interpretations of their original designs, so I guess it's only fair that someone re-interprets the interpretations. Varying shades of grey here...
    Rick Owens didn't come anywhere close to "ripping off" Nike, he simply made a design that has a curvey line similar to curvey line in the standard Nike design. I'm not certain RO would be successful litigating the producers of Korean rip-offs, but my point was that regardless of any real or hypothetical legal outcome, they are just that, out-and-out rip-offs, as opposed to "shoes inspired by RO" which is what the previous poster seemed to be suggesting (if only to assuage his own conscience before buying).
    ^^ I think he just means that they're not trying to pass them off as actual Rick Dunks. It would be different if they were presented as such instead of just having a knock-off presented as a knock-off. I'm pretty sure I've seen rip-offs of designer jeans (Diesel, TR, 7FAM, &c.) at discount stores in the US. They were just labeled as a different brand but were obvious copies. And isn't the point of Rick Dunks to be a play on Nike Dunks? Or did I miss something there? [​IMG]
    I didn't know they were called Dunks till today, I'm not a big RO fan. But if it's an intentional and open (I have a feeling Nike knew about it...) homage that makes it even less like copyright infringement. I agree that the seller isn't trying to suggest they ARE rick dunks. But I take issue with melonadejello's suggestion that simply because they are not being falsely advertised AS rick owens, that makes them somehow acceptable shoes merely "inspired by" something else. They're horrible rip-offs and might as well be counterfeit RO whether or not you agree that they fall perfectly under that label -- these aren't "similar shoes" they are identical shoes without a name written inside (likely because that would be even more illegal ie more likely to be removed from eBay).