• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got 36 in the pullover which is what i usually get in outwear (small/EU46).

I was able to layer a thick sweater (LL Bean Norwegian sweater) under it. Don't have exact neck opening right now but it's not wide if you zip all the way up. I wear 14.5 in shirts and it's definitely small enough that wind wont get in much when zipped up.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
After having issues applying the promo code this past weekend during the Black Friday sale, I'm still hoping to get a couple of things this season ... anyone know if Drake's typically has a Christmas / Boxing Day / New Year sale on their website?

ezev

Reaction score
In the new James Bond trailer you can see a shot of Daniel Craig wearing the Crosby boot. Price increase justification right there.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Visited the outlet today, really worth the trip for Drake's fans when they are next in London.

Tons of ties at 35GBP, shirts 65GBP and suits from 300-500GBP. Lots of odd jackets and miles of scarfs.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
In NYC for the week, dropped by the Crosby St store the other night...

5F06A6B7-C30E-4599-923D-3CAA83A1F863.jpeg
F3B570AF-594C-4EEB-8F9A-A576CFC84380.jpeg

Ended up leaving with this knit tie:
B200327C-F185-4589-94CE-1B6C89632318.jpeg

And this green flannel that caught my eye when I saw it in the recent lookbook:
4FF4A878-5564-4300-B5F9-574E15A1C26B.jpeg

sargeinaz

Reaction score
For people who have bought drakes/William Lockie shawl cardigans, if I’m 5’8” would I buy the 38? It seems WL only goes down to 38. Drakes has a 36 I believe. Any help would be appreciated.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm comically short at 5'5" and am pretty sensitive to the length of sweaters. I own a 38 in the Drake's cardigan and am happy with the length and fit. The picture on the Drake's web site pretty accurately portrays how it fits. It's a bit longer on me than the model, but I find that it's cut on the shorter side for knitwear. Also, it is cut so that the bottom splays when buttoned, like in the picture.

If you want this fit, I recommend buying your standard American suit size. For someone who is taller or with a larger build, you may want to size up from your American suit size. There's a lot of discussion about the Scott & Charters cardigan on the NMWA thread. If you're looking for the Scott & Charters fit, this cardigan is probably not for you.

Also, the green yarn is fantastic IRL. For me, this is one of the things that makes the Drake's premium worth it for certain items. The designers have excellent taste. You can buy the William Lockie version somewhere for cheaper, but you aren't finding this particular color. That may not be worth it for everyone, but it was for me.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In NYC for the week, dropped by the Crosby St store the other night...

Ended up leaving with this knit tie:
And this green flannel that caught my eye when I saw it in the recent lookbook:

Great visit summary, great pics, great tie.

Last pic is awesome, great jeans, great boots, and I have been eyeing same shirt. Deets on the sweater??

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Great visit summary, great pics, great tie.

Last pic is awesome, great jeans, great boots, and I have been eyeing same shirt. Deets on the sweater??

Cheers! The cowichan is a vintage pickup from After Life boutique in San Francisco, no brand name.

Nat25

Reaction score
William Lockie does good shawl collar cardigans. I think the model you are looking for is the 'Windsor', which comes in wool (~£220) and cashmere (about three times that much)

This seller on eBay occasionally gets them in - no idea if this is your size. They've only got wool for now, but have also had the cashmere shawl collar model within your budget so worth keeping an eye:

I have 2 shawl cardigans from drakes (brown and flannel) one one from William Lockie (navy). They are all the same cardigan with different tags.

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
Wow thanks everyone for the replies regarding the cardigan! Until I can afford a drake's cardigan i'll buy a William Lockie Windsor!

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was browsing various blog posts on black friday sales and ran across these:

They are definitely the same as the drake's versions but in different colors. I dig the drake's versions but also like the taupe-ish jcrew color, which I got in the desert boot. I can't make out any difference except for the suede color.

I know the astorflex-branded versions have been discussed quite a bit, but I don't think these versions have been mentioned. Make of it what you will.

Sizing is tts, but as mentioned in comparisons between the drakes and astorflex-branded one, this fits a bit tighter.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics