• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rojalaw

Reaction score
Same for me. Shopping in Canadian funds and the OFFER30 code doesn't work on any of the items.

Also noticed the other day the three shirt offer doesn't work in Canadian funds either.

Pretty ridiculous that the new website went live when it is evidently so buggy.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is nuts. Their suits are now $2k:

Weren't they 1500-1600 just a few weeks ago?

Rant time: I don't mind paying full price for a high quality garment. And I truly do like the Drake's aesthetic. But raising the price on existing stock serves what purpose exactly? (please correct me if I'm wrong about the prices above. But I'm pretty sure they weren't 2k to begin with).

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did tariffs kick in? I thought British suits were going to be targeted in the new tariffs. Maybe that explains the change in price?

I thought the tarrifs were for textiles (i.e. the wool). If so, that would explain it. Still cheaper to order from the London store directly.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Apologies if it has been asked before. Does anyone have any experience with the difference between mainline and easy day shirting? Is it the same cut with lower quality fabrics?

huskiee

Reaction score
I thought the tarrifs were for textiles (i.e. the wool). If so, that would explain it. Still cheaper to order from the London store directly.

UK prices seemed to have gone up marginally but not on all items and not by that much.
Suits may have gone up £100 or so .. I wasn’t tracking them that close. Shirts have definitely gone up; the sports jackets that I was tracking are the same price.
US prices look exorbitant.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Code worked for me, but I also found that my account was linked to the UK store so I had to enter everything manually. Also ApplePay didn’t work until I had filled in the shipping info, even though I have a default shipping address set up. Seems their site has some issues.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is nuts. Their suits are now $2k:

Weren't they 1500-1600 just a few weeks ago?

Rant time: I don't mind paying full price for a high quality garment. And I truly do like the Drake's aesthetic. But raising the price on existing stock serves what purpose exactly? (please correct me if I'm wrong about the prices above. But I'm pretty sure they weren't 2k to begin with).

They've even managed to make them look awful on the model. Shoulders look softer than blancmange, high button stance and ugly patch pockets on a chalkstripe flannel.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it’s a strange tactic on their part. If their tailoring was still made by Caruso or Belvest, it would make sense to charge $2k for a fully canvassed suit. But $2k for a half canvass suit seems a bit off for me, even if the design is great.

RL Polo suits are in the $1k to $1.5k, and some of their styling is similar to Drake’s (elevated prep).

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
944f450feac6084ddc6c1f907bc170a79494eb15.jpg

All but the socks are Drake's. What's especially cool is that the guernsey has an anchor motif.

2201f237ce9a3035f94d9d816f88360b0e6fbfbf.jpg

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Did tariffs kick in? I thought British suits were going to be targeted in the new tariffs. Maybe that explains the change in price?

Prices on the Canadian store are actually cheaper than the US for some items, which is unusual. The CAD price for a couple of items I checked (made in Italy & Portugal) is basically the VAT-inclusive UK price, converted to CAD and rounded up by $5-10. USD price was 8-18% higher for some reason (like the grey suit). But the $1000 USD cashmere shawl cardigan, made in the UK, is roughly the same price on all sites. So who knows.

Annoying you have to call the UK store to order for Canadian delivery now. The few times I ordered before it wasn't for the price, but the fact the USA/Canada store ran out of stock.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I wanted the blue/turquoise Rake tie but it seems to have sold out straight away, same with the blue stripe shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics