• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rob_ed

Reaction score
Just to clarify on the oxford shirts at the factory sale - they are all slim fit (with the white label inside). I assumed these are being discontinued by the amount available there.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one Oxford that indeed has a white label. I never knew that's how they distinguished between slim and normal fit. I already have a fairly solid collection of basic Oxfords, but if you're starting to build your wardrobe, it's a fantastic opportunity indeed.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Just to clarify on the oxford shirts at the factory sale - they are all slim fit (with the white label inside). I assumed these are being discontinued by the amount available there.

they are being discontinued, a while back I wanted the light blue oxford and was told by the drake's rep, that they were :/

paborden

Reaction score
Anyone know when the Drake's sale hits? I'm waiting for it this year

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$1,500 doesn't seem unusual to me for a leather jacket.

Those colors are a bit too vivid for me, but as Gerry noted, patchwork "fun" designs date back to at least early Brooks Brothers. The mishmash of primary colors has also popped up elsewhere. Bryceland's and Rowing Blazers, as mentioned earlier, recently came out with their version of Brooks fun shirts. Nigel Cabourn came out with a fun version of their Everest parka. And Blue the Great, a streetwear artist, just did a "fun" colorway for his Nike collab as part of their Fearless series.

View attachment 1279743

Catching up on the thread and saw this. I noticed the Chore Jacket when they released it. Just happened to be visiting my folks and didn't want to wear my Cameraman hiking, so asked my Dad for a coat. He gave me this old Eddie Bauer number he's had for years. I think my grandmother bought it for him in the 80s. Zip front down jacket very similar to the Cabourn Everest you posted, but colors more muted. Would love to have a NOS version as the look is fantastic. Anyway, "crazy" when done right is definitely fun.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Catching up on the thread and saw this. I noticed the Chore Jacket when they released it. Just happened to be visiting my folks and didn't want to wear my Cameraman hiking, so asked my Dad for a coat. He gave me this old Eddie Bauer number he's had for years. I think my grandmother bought it for him in the 80s. Zip front down jacket very similar to the Cabourn Everest you posted, but colors more muted. Would love to have a NOS version as the look is fantastic. Anyway, "crazy" when done right is definitely fun.
Brooks Brothers does it right.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is Drakes the new A&F now that they opened on the Row?

Hope they don't suffer the same fate.

Not sure what you mean, but No 9 Savile Row has been ready to wear for a while. Before this, it was Alexander McQueen, and before that it was Evisu (a well-respected denim brand). A&F wasn't lampooned for being ready-to-wear, but rather for the kind of clothes they sell -- cheap, flashy, half-naked, teeny-bopper mall clothing, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads