• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I’ll be in the right bit of London to check out their factory sale right when it opens on Wednesday.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been to the new Savile Row location. Felt a bit off to me. Lighting was bad and lots of products were displayed at awkward heights on poorly lit shelves. Shelving also felt temporary.

There’s a huge amount of product on display though — the shop seems at least double the size. Ties and tailoring take up a section at the back in the shape of the apse/sanctuary of a church. Lots of nice conservative and wearable ties actually and the pockets squares remain impeccable.

Front 3/4 of the store is filled largely with the funky new Maoist-peasant-meets-‘80s-Bronx-oversized-prep-meets-Joker stuff that was a hard pass for me.

There is some classic stuff there if you dig it out but the pricing is insane — £200+ for the same Shetland that is £50-100 anywhere else. £300 for the made-in-India cashmere scarves. Denim shirt for £225 and most casual shirts at £200. Wax jacket for £900.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been to the new Savile Row location. Felt a bit off to me. Lighting was bad and lots of products were displayed at awkward heights on poorly lit shelves. Shelving also felt temporary.

There’s a huge amount of product on display though — the shop seems at least double the size. Ties and tailoring take up a section at the back in the shape of the apse/sanctuary of a church. Lots of nice conservative and wearable ties actually and the pockets squares remain impeccable.

Front 3/4 of the store is filled largely with the funky new Maoist-peasant-meets-‘80s-Bronx-oversized-prep-meets-Joker stuff that was a hard pass for me.

There is some classic stuff there if you dig it out but the pricing is insane — £200+ for the same Shetland that is £50-100 anywhere else. £300 for the made-in-India cashmere scarves. Denim shirt for £225 and most casual shirts at £200. Wax jacket for £900.
Pricing seems quite out of hand for what is being offered.

paddymac

Reaction score

when you quoted 'made in india' cashmere scarves- is that a shot aimed at the scarves being made in India and it shouldnt cost this much?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you quoted 'made in india' cashmere scarves- is that a shot aimed at the scarves being made in India and it shouldnt cost this much?
I bought one of the Made in India scarves last season and they are exceptional. Better purchased on sale as the retail price is high but they are quite nice.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I’ll be in the right bit of London to check out their factory sale right when it opens on Wednesday.

Any chance if you could snap some quick cell phone photos while there? Would be interesting to see the collection of Drake's FS!

espen

Reaction score
Anyone own the Crosby chukkas? Curious to hear sizing experience and advice.

Thanks!

Thethrill

Reaction score
Anyone visited the new Savile Row location yet? Vibe?

VibeCheck.PNG

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Example pricing from the Drakes sample sale - shirts £65 or three for £150, tailoring and outerwear 75% off original price, cashmere scarves £65 from £195.

Sammm

Reaction score
Example pricing from the Drakes sample sale - shirts £65 or three for £150, tailoring and outerwear 75% off original price, cashmere scarves £65 from £195.
Damn, wish I could be there!

FrankieG

Reaction score

Ties £35, pocket squares £25...

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, they were. Selection very much like what they normally have at the factory store, only lots more of it, particularly in the ties section. Prices largely unchanged as well (normally, they have a buy 4-pay 3 deal going on). What was really good though was the large offering of Oxford and denim shirts. Stocked up on a few of those, it's always good to get a few foundation pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics