• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do they recycle prints ?
Just wondering bc I think I’ve got a Mughal print scarf that’s a few years old (got it on fire sale at a retailer who was closing).

Mughal and unicorn are the two classic reoccurring prints. They were designed by Drake's and then printed at David Evans for various companies, such as Holland & Holland and Hilditch and Keys. This was when Drake's worked more as a private men's accessories label. They did the designing and sourcing, but had various manufacturing partners. The two designs have been around since at least the 1980s, when they were made for H&K's Paris shop. Philippe Noiret supposedly used to wear them back then.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mughal and unicorn are the two classic reoccurring prints. They were designed by Drake's and then printed at David Evans for various companies, such as Holland & Holland and Hilditch and Keys. This was when Drake's worked more as a private men's accessories label. They did the designing and sourcing, but had various manufacturing partners. The two designs have been around since at least the 1980s, when they were made for H&K's Paris shop. Philippe Noiret supposedly used to wear them back then.
ahh cool background. presumably they just do new colorways then, in different weights and fabric makeups?

mine is a lightweight wool (though it's heavier than another lightweight wool scarf of theirs I've got), in a tan/maroon color that goes with everything.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ahh cool background. presumably they just do new colorways then, in different weights and fabric makeups?

mine is a lightweight wool (though it's heavier than another lightweight wool scarf of theirs I've got), in a tan/maroon color that goes with everything.

Yes, different colors, materials, and sometimes applications. They also sometimes rework the design. The Mughal print this season is a little different from those in the past. They've also used the medieval unicorns in a similar fashion -- take the main elements and scale them up, etc.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is true, but I always thought it was no coincidence that Drake's does not print small European knights onto their scarves.
I think that would be considerably more controversial than, say, Lapu-Lapu. On the other hand given current European political climate, could be a growth opportunity.

Reaction score
Feeling so feminine think I’m starting to grow a womb :nest:

1A71827D-901A-4A96-8AF7-6F9D53962CFC.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, come on. I really don’t want to be known as the troll under the Drake’s bridge just because this season’s items are so goofy. :crazy:

I wore Drake’s ties and scarves most of the week so far! Very CM, though.

Remy Fool

Reaction score
Oh, come on. I really don’t want to be known as the troll under the Drake’s bridge just because this season’s items are so goofy. :crazy:

I wore Drake’s ties and scarves most of the week so far! Very CM, though.

To be fair, I don't think anyone will defend this one. We're with you here!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha. In b4 the shills.
I’m pretty sure Drake’s is offering this one with a wink. A $1500 wink, but still a wink!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads