• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what Drake's is doing. Great American style evolved with the combination of tailored with sportswear and later workwear. Nice to see the Brits mixing it up a bit to offer their own version of cool, relaxed style. Life, and clothing, would be so boring if styles didn't evolve.

For what it is worth, I found myself in old StyFo friends Unipair (where I still cannot fit in anything as they stop at a UK 9.5) in Seoul a week or so ago, who let me know they are the SK licensee for Drake's , and they have a Drake's shop up the street. Only one wall was ties and scarves and squares (i.e, where Drake's has been) while the rest of the shop is everything else - seemed to be a fair bit of MTM going on. Store was probably only 200ish square feet, but had a cool vibe. I bought yet another wool silk square which I probably don't need

paborden

Reaction score
I know this question was asked before but not sure it was answered - does anyone know where Drake's socks come from?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know this question was asked before but not sure it was answered - does anyone know where Drake's socks come from?
No idea, but I really like them. They hold up very well relative to comparable brands I have tried. Having said that, I have been migrating my casual socks purchases over to American Trench over the last couple of years.

Jon 1981

Reaction score
I know it's probably been covered but is it worth splashing out the extra cash for the Clifford desert boot compared to Astorflex's model?

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's probably been covered but is it worth splashing out the extra cash for the Clifford desert boot compared to Astorflex's model?
Depends on how you want to wear them. The Astorflex is roomier and not as sleek. It would not work as well with a casual suit and probably not as well with business casual.

huskiee

Reaction score
Depends on how you want to wear them. The Astorflex is roomier and not as sleek. It would not work as well with a casual suit and probably not as well with business casual.

I have the light Moc toe cliffords, and one of my favourite shoes. Haven't tried the Astroflex so can’t give you a comparison, but you won’t be disappointed with the Cliffords for sure

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Is the suede better quality on the Clifford than the regular Astroflex?

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Personally love streetwear takes on prep and classic clothing. I came into classic clothes mostly through Lo Head culture in the 90s. IMO, one of the richest clothing histories.

View attachment 1270857

View attachment 1270854

View attachment 1270855

View attachment 1270862

Most people wore jeans and cargo pants back then, but sweatpants weren't uncommon. ALD is big on that 90s look. The Wallabees in that photo is very much part of that 90s Lo Head style.

Why do you limit who may view your full profile?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I bought the Astroflex online (Huckberry?) and returned them as they had a sloppy fit in the heal and were a bit wide overall for me. I then bought the Clifford at the Drake's shop in NYC which was a much better fit. I was told that Drake's had used their own last which seems to be the case. I would say Astroflex might be fine for you if you have a slightly wider, fuller foot. If you have a regular to slightly narrower foot or heal then I would recommend the Clifford. The price won't matter if it isn't a good, comfortable fit.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally love streetwear takes on prep and classic clothing. I came into classic clothes mostly through Lo Head culture in the 90s. IMO, one of the richest clothing histories.

View attachment 1270857

View attachment 1270854

View attachment 1270855

View attachment 1270862

Most people wore jeans and cargo pants back then, but sweatpants weren't uncommon. ALD is big on that 90s look. The Wallabees in that photo is very much part of that 90s Lo Head style.

Wallabees are the ugliest, yet most comfortable shoe I've ever put on.
I both want and don't want them in equal measures for their comfort and for their ugliness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads