• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Hawt take: The Drake's pictures are good.

Don't hate just because y'all can't pull off looking like the independently wealthy caretaker of a haunted prep school.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really care about the pull-overs, what I'm more concerned about are the new coats and jeans. It seems like all the new coats are cut much shorter, and the jeans are slim-straight - so basically what you can buy almost anywhere else. One of the things that I have really enjoyed at Drakes is the idiosyncratic silhouette; the jeans that are cut a little fuller to go with tailoring, jackets cut a little longer and fuller to not look awkward with higher-rise jeans. It seems that they're moving away from that, and that's much more troubling than trying, and even failing, at breathing some life into a boring pull-over.

This isn't really a fair take on the coat that you linked to. Here's the product description:

"The Games Blazer is a new style for us: a casual three-button jacket which draws from workwear as much as tailoring. With three outer patch pockets and neat lapels, the jacket is cut slightly shorter and fuller than our standard tailoring, with a generous sleeve and relaxed body shape. It brings to mind the uniforms of artists and artisans of the 20th century."

vida

Reaction score
Very interesting comments regarding Drake’s and their product advancement over the past couple of years as they have moved from an accessories house to a complete men’s collection. Certainly they are far more driven by the “fashionable offerings” of the season as defined by their own aesthetic and viewpoint, but it is still very Drake’s. Personally, I appreciate this, but I don’t understand the angst expressed by some posters regarding their authenticity and intentions with their growth. Still quirky, colorful and textural...and original.

letsgofire

Reaction score
I was in the store and observed that the brown corduroy trousers are the perfect shade of brown for A/W. I think they looked really nice. The green looked great too - it comes across as a forest green color in person.

Sadly out of my price range but if you are on the fence for these I would say to go for it.

Alfargo

Reaction score
Overshirts: was doubting between S and M, got M. It’s fine but a touch smaller wouldn’t hurt. It’s marked dry-clean only. Did anyone wash their (linen) overshirt at home and did it turn out OK?
[/QUOTE/]

I have dry cleaned and soaked my linen overshirt and it hasn't shrunk at all.

Last edited:

Thethrill

Reaction score
Any insight on best practice for laundering/washing the linen overshirt (like the one pictured below).

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bateman233

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get the attached shirt/or the look (Sand Cotton Twill Two-Pocket Shirt) for a more reasonable price? Love the shirt but $285 for it makes me shiver. I've bee trying to find more two pocket shirts that DON"T have the epaulets on the shoulders...Epaulets in my opinion have become overdone.
Thanks!

Attachments

• shi-srzutm-l1958-001-2.jpg
    shi-srzutm-l1958-001-2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 174

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads