• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

huskiee

Reaction score
I really like the look of the cord and suede chore jackets. I’ll need to try them as found the cotton chore ran small to size and returned.

My next trip to London may be an expensive one ...

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anderson & Shepphard does some very nice cord chore jackets if you’re interested - pricing close to £1k though iirc. The irony of spending £1k to look like a Mao-era peasant or a homeless Jack Kerouac is quite painful though.

Really, Drake’s has just ridden the luxury wave along with LVMH etc. Most luxury brands have doubled or tripled their prices since the financial crisis. Look at LVMH’s stock chart. Why wouldn’t you do the same if you’re a profit driven business? It’s sad but it’s just a function of increasing inequality. This stuff is for 0.1%ers and aspirationals with ballooning debt.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, see that’s much better! But I am happy with my fleece that also saved me $700. Would I like this more? Yes, but not enough to justify the cost.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The idea of doing a fleece in Casentino is brilliant and daring (how many brands innovate in such a manner?) but indeed the price tag is too high for such a niche piece that would not get that much use in most men's wardrobes.

Even if the costs are the same, for most of us it is not the same paying 600$ for a pair of handgrade of C&J and for a Casetino fleece.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NY store has a casentino pullover in purple in addition to orange

There’s also casentino vests with some cordouroy mixed in in orange, green, and a brownish colorway

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing the blue I like the orange much better. I mean, you're wearing fleece anyway...might as well have it in a fu color that pops.

cds

Reaction score
At NYC store this past weekend. Orange > Blue all day every day. Its ludicrously awesome, and costs less than my orange Veilance field jacket from 6-7 years ago.

The current fleece has no place in my closet, but the thing is fantastic, and I still want it. For those complaining about pricing/etc, understand you are not the market. Much how I look at a pair of high fashion dad shoes and roll my eyes, that swag is not about you.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anderson & Shepphard does some very nice cord chore jackets if you’re interested - pricing close to £1k though iirc. The irony of spending £1k to look like a Mao-era peasant or a homeless Jack Kerouac is quite painful though.

Really, Drake’s has just ridden the luxury wave along with LVMH etc. Most luxury brands have doubled or tripled their prices since the financial crisis. Look at LVMH’s stock chart. Why wouldn’t you do the same if you’re a profit driven business? It’s sad but it’s just a function of increasing inequality. This stuff is for 0.1%ers and aspirationals with ballooning debt.

You’ve described many of SF’s approved brands. I’m noticing that the cost of CM is increasing far faster than my salary over the past several years. They’re not supposed to be for people like me, though- which I get. I’m not expecting to be able to buy an Orazio Luciano tweed or a $400 USD dress shirt...

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to justify paying full price when I see things like this at the mall. Mind you, it isn’t even self-lined, which is odd because most of my ties from them are.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are a bit late to the luxury wave. Anyway if the popularity is decent it will appear in Zara and Massimo Dutti. Price Problem solved. It is after all a marginal item with fringe utility. Until the next IT item in CM/techwear comes along

clemente21

Reaction score
I don't really care about the pull-overs, what I'm more concerned about are the new coats and jeans. It seems like all the new coats are cut much shorter, and the jeans are slim-straight - so basically what you can buy almost anywhere else. One of the things that I have really enjoyed at Drakes is the idiosyncratic silhouette; the jeans that are cut a little fuller to go with tailoring, jackets cut a little longer and fuller to not look awkward with higher-rise jeans. It seems that they're moving away from that, and that's much more troubling than trying, and even failing, at breathing some life into a boring pull-over.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s that you were saying, Derek?

968BD6FF-6701-4B86-849E-6C6DBA4F2C77.jpeg
1AE2206C-3F3F-45D8-8DC2-78FFA8C297F7.jpeg
071FF5EC-75D7-47C4-A9D3-634EB0B5B258.jpeg
AB892631-C136-459D-A6AD-2D08293C9E74.jpeg

chiggyv

Reaction score
Hard to justify paying full price when I see things like this at the mall. Mind you, it isn’t even self-lined, which is odd because most of my ties from them are.

View attachment 1223268

Any clues as to which HR? I could really use some more quality ties that seems like the way to go on my student budget!

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any clues as to which HR? I could really use some more quality ties that seems like the way to go on my student budget!
Gotta drive out to the burbs. Tsawwassaan Mall outlet.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Crosby st today. Tried on the fleece piece and.... It felt pretty nice. Not sure if I can justify the retail but the texture really completely differentiates it from something you normally see. Hey if you're at black rock and want to flex on Goldman and patagonia isn't taking that corporate order anymore? Why not? Also orange is def the color to get.

I don't know how many of these they produced but the one I tried on was the last 38 they had in the shop and they had to pull it off the mannequin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics