• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rob_ed

Reaction score
Question about the factory store on Haberdasher St. - I'm headed to London soon and was wondering what to expect. Are the prices far better than regular sales prices - for example closer to the sample sales? Is there backstock that isn't on view, for example if there was something from a past season is it worth asking for it particularly and seeing if it's somewhere in the building?

Echoing what others have said. It's absolutely fantastic for scarves, ties and pocket squares. Ties and pocket squares are often around £30 and you can get three for four.

Shirts and tailoring consists of samples and usually the ones that didn't sell in the sale in the past season. That can be hit or miss; I am to go every month and as another poster said sometimes I walk out with something and sometimes not.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
They look similar enough in style. If you like the colour, you should get them.
I saw those this morning too. Something about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery came to mind...

I bought them for $40 shipped to compare them to the ones I got from drakes, I’ll let you guys know how they compare

John Rosen

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need your help; could anyone recommend a brand that does good quality formal-looking chinos — something akin to Drake's but at a lower price, say between $150-200 / £100-150? (Oh how I wish Blackhorse Lane had not been dealing in denim only!)

WilYa

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need your help; could anyone recommend a brand that does good quality formal-looking chinos — something akin to Drake's but at a lower price, say between $150-200 / £100-150? (Oh how I wish Blackhorse Lane had not been dealing in denim only!)
berg & berg

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else noticed this...I saw some info (here) on the Denim sizing back in December. General thinking was go TTS for the dark wash (maybe one size down). I recently ordered both the dark and mid-wash - in my regular size a 34. They arrived yesterday. I am absolutely swimming in the dark. I was going to take a pic but they won't even stay up. The midwash on the hand look 80s rock star jeans (ie skin tight). Thinking I might have down 2 on the dark and up 2 on the mid wash. Anyone else have a similiar experience?

I normally wear a size 32 and ordered a size 31 in the indigo and 33 in the ecru (which I think is sized the same as the midwash). The ecru is a touch big, but not too bad.

Nat25

Reaction score
Hey guys, need your advice.

Ordered two pairs of shoes and a drake's grenadine tie from the Rake. They combined into one package and just threw the tie into the box where it got crushed by the shoe boxes. Now has two creases (one in the front, the other in the back).

Any recommendations on how I can fix the front crease? It's that big ripple in the middle. View attachment 1207971

Here's the back crease (don't think it's fully fixable):
View attachment 1207972

Is that the burgundy or wine color? Can’t tell the difference. Did you send it back?

John Rosen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know, it's an unwitting neophyte's question, but now that Drake's sale is coming to an end, what are they going to do with the unsold stuff? Do they usually continue selling it at their online store, or dump it somewhere else?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads