• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nat25

Reaction score
Overshirts: was doubting between S and M, got M. It’s fine but a touch smaller wouldn’t hurt. It’s marked dry-clean only. Did anyone wash their (linen) overshirt at home and did it turn out OK?

I have the Washed linen and the cotton overshirts. The washed linen are pre-washed but still shrink a little when you wash on cold and hand dry so be careful.

The cotton overshirt was big on me so I tried to shrink it a little but it shrunk a lot on cold. The material looks much better after a wash but fits more like a shirt now than an overshirt.

Sammm

Reaction score
I have the Washed linen and the cotton overshirts. The washed linen are pre-washed but still shrink a little when you wash on cold and hand dry so be careful.

The cotton overshirt was big on me so I tried to shrink it a little but it shrunk a lot on cold. The material looks much better after a wash but fits more like a shirt now than an overshirt.
Thanks, good to know.

It’s a funny fit – I’m skinny with long arms and most RTW sleeves are way too short on me, unless I go way oversized elsewhere. On this overshirt, the shoulders are correct but the sleeves are super long. No big deal, just unusual proportions.

Nat25

Reaction score
Thanks, good to know.

It’s a funny fit – I’m skinny with long arms and most RTW sleeves are way too short on me, unless I go way oversized elsewhere. On this overshirt, the shoulders are correct but the sleeves are super long. No big deal, just unusual proportions.

My sleeves on the cotton overshirt were the same way but after the wash they either fit perfect (if I have a t shirt underneath) or are a little short if I’m wearing anything else. Try the wash and if you believe in a lord pray to them.

mattg1027

Reaction score
May have an extra beige needlecord jacket in size 40 if anyone is interested (new/unworn). Ended up finding the full suit after buying the jacket separately. It's a great fabric, and got it at a great price. Let me know before I explore a return!

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sleeves on the cotton overshirt were the same way but after the wash they either fit perfect (if I have a t shirt underneath) or are a little short if I’m wearing anything else. Try the wash and if you believe in a lord pray to them.
Not a great picture but here is the Navy washed linen overshirt in medium. Fits almost perfect at the moment and better with a t shirt. When I wore with a long sleeve OCBD I had to leave the sleeves unbuttoned

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Good day!
I accidentally stumbled upon Drakes AW18 lookbook and couldn't help but notice the beautiful red tartan blanket coat. Since it was part of the AW18 collection it is no longer available at their website. Is there anyone out there who might be in possession of one of these coats or who might know were I still could acquire one? I know this might be farfetched but I figured I might as well give it a shot!
Best regards, // Jacob View attachment 1203752

Drop 93 has this in stock in a size 50, I believe. Unfortunately, their shop is down until July 22nd because their selling their inventory at a pop up. Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll still be there afterwards!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just sharing..

This overshirt came in today (pretty quick delivery for being on the west coast). Incredible hand, soft, it is a cotton-linen blend with slight herringbone weave. The herringbone is very subtle. Great color to pair with denim and white pants (if anyone has tips on a good faded denim, PM me!) Was impressed with the all linen overshirt from last season in green. I like how the back of the collar on Drakes' overshirts stand up but the collars flare out a bit. This sand color will be a nice addition. What really sold me was the interior pocket to the right chest, nice touch and extra carry on the go.

Between the green and sand color, not sure if I need any other color to rotate between. The madras overshirt is pretty wild though.

Sammm

Reaction score
Just sharing..

This overshirt came in today (pretty quick delivery for being on the west coast). Incredible hand, soft, it is a cotton-linen blend with slight herringbone weave. The herringbone is very subtle. Great color to pair with denim and white pants (if anyone has tips on a good faded denim, PM me!) Was impressed with the all linen overshirt from last season in green. I like how the back of the collar on Drakes' overshirts stand up but the collars flare out a bit. This sand color will be a nice addition. What really sold me was the interior pocket to the right chest, nice touch and extra carry on the go.

Between the green and sand color, not sure if I need any other color to rotate between. The madras overshirt is pretty wild though.

View attachment 1205651
Yeah, the semi-popped collar is a great look. I’d seen it on Drake’s photos and I didn’t think it would work on me, but I like it a lot. It’s a clever design.

mattg1027

Reaction score
Received a couple more deliveries, including washed linen and cotton drill overshirts and this linen/cotton popover which has thrown me for a loop sizing-wise. I don’t expect a popover to fit as close through the body as fully button up shirts, but this seems a bit excessive and I don’t know why the biceps would need much excess fabric. Anyone have experience with this one? Should I expect it to shrink after a wash? As it stands, I can’t imagine either overshirt would fit well on top of this (all size Large).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Received a couple more deliveries, including washed linen and cotton drill overshirts and this linen/cotton popover which has thrown me for a loop sizing-wise. I don’t expect a popover to fit as close through the body as fully button up shirts, but this seems a bit excessive and I don’t know why the biceps would need much excess fabric. Anyone have experience with this one? Should I expect it to shrink after a wash? As it stands, I can’t imagine either overshirt would fit well on top of this (all size Large).

View attachment 1205855

That seems like the wrong size for you. I would just size down or two. Shrinking won't take that much fabric out, and it's often in length anyway, not width.

mattg1027

Reaction score
Thanks, that’s what my gut was telling me too. Strange because I’ve been a large/16.5 on a few items with them so far.

Here’s the washed linen overshirt in Large for reference. Just a tee underneath here, so any extra room would probably be just right if I had anything more substantial under.

Attachments

• 5082EE29-1A8E-44EC-B12E-3F23BF475F7F.jpeg
    5082EE29-1A8E-44EC-B12E-3F23BF475F7F.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 269

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s what my gut was telling me too. Strange because I’ve been a large/16.5 on a few items with them so far.

Here’s the washed linen overshirt in Large for reference. Just a tee underneath here, so any extra room would probably be just right if I had anything more substantial under.

Popovers have to be roomier because, otherwise, you wouldn't be able to put it on. But that one looks like it could use a sizing down. Hard to say unless you had multiple sizes to try on in front of you.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd have to have quite the biceps to accommodate that popover....

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mattg1027 How tall are you? The overshirt looks good.

mattg1027

Reaction score
@wigglr I'm 6 ft, about 41" chest ... typically a 40R jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics