• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BBA7FA21-C47F-4631-8AD5-1C51A7443852.jpeg
Scored another cashmere scarf! Got a similar one last season for me. I like to keep these around as gifts. Wife, daughter, sisters, nieces, etc. all love Drake’s scarves. Waited for deep sale and glad these didn’t sell out.

DrewMill

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Harvie & Hudson shirts, but I'm looking at some of the shirts on sale at Drake's for the summer sale. I was wondering how the two compared. Are the Drake's shirts worth twice the price based on fabric, materials, and construction?

Another question for you fellas. I'm also looking at the suits on sale. I currently wear a 44R in the Regent fit from Brooks Brothers, a 46R in the Napoli, Sienna, and Havana fits from Suitsupply, and a 46R in the Contemporary fit from Spier & Mackay. Do you think I am better off going with a 44 or a 46 from Drake's? Thanks in advance!

mattg1027

Reaction score
Another question for you fellas. I'm also looking at the suits on sale. I currently wear a 44R in the Regent fit from Brooks Brothers, a 46R in the Napoli, Sienna, and Havana fits from Suitsupply, and a 46R in the Contemporary fit from Spier & Mackay. Do you think I am better off going with a 44 or a 46 from Drake's? Thanks in advance!

40R Contemporary in Spier & Mackay here and the 40R Drakes jacket fits me pretty darn well I'd say. Not as short (or as stiff) as I feared based on some of the website photos. The needlecord fabric is great too. Definitely worthy of the "Easy Day" label.

DrewMill

Reaction score
40R Contemporary in Spier & Mackay here and the 40R Drakes jacket fits me pretty darn well I'd say. Not as short (or as stiff) as I feared based on some of the website photos. The needlecord fabric is great too. Definitely worthy of the "Easy Day" label.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

JacobMichael

Reaction score
Good day!
I accidentally stumbled upon Drakes AW18 lookbook and couldn't help but notice the beautiful red tartan blanket coat. Since it was part of the AW18 collection it is no longer available at their website. Is there anyone out there who might be in possession of one of these coats or who might know were I still could acquire one? I know this might be farfetched but I figured I might as well give it a shot!
Best regards, // Jacob
AW18-21.jpg

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has experience with (own or seen) both the khaki and washed linen overshirts...and have an opinion/thoughts on them? looking to pick up my first drake's overshirt. thanks

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day!
I accidentally stumbled upon Drakes AW18 lookbook and couldn't help but notice the beautiful red tartan blanket coat. Since it was part of the AW18 collection it is no longer available at their website. Is there anyone out there who might be in possession of one of these coats or who might know were I still could acquire one? I know this might be farfetched but I figured I might as well give it a shot!
Best regards, // Jacob

I don't know of any stores that are selling it. Your best best might be eBay or "g r a i l e d".

The other alternative is to check with Drake's if they have any in their Factory Shop. You might get lucky.

Sammm

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has experience with (own or seen) both the khaki and washed linen overshirts...and have an opinion/thoughts on them? looking to pick up my first drake's overshirt. thanks

I tried on the washed khaki linen in store. Beautiful color and texture, but it was a bit soft/thin for my taste. I couldn’t try on the non-washed khaki linen, but from all the photos I’ve seen it looks more sturdy and canvas-like, which is more to my taste, so I’ve ordered that.

(These shirts are very much on my mind it seems: I dreamt last night that I slept on the sale and they were all sold out. The new AW19 line was out, and they all had animal silhouettes. Not prints, actual silhouettes – I was considering a navy linen model with big floppy mouse ears and a tail.)

qqch

Reaction score
So if I wear a 36 suitsupply napoli and my best fitting Spier & Mackay jackets are 38 slim (I have some in 36 contemporary and slim, but they are just slightly too small in the shoulders) then I should go 36 or 38 in Drakes would guys say? Thanks

mattg1027

Reaction score
So if I wear a 36 suitsupply napoli and my best fitting Spier & Mackay jackets are 38 slim (I have some in 36 contemporary and slim, but they are just slightly too small in the shoulders) then I should go 36 or 38 in Drakes would guys say? Thanks

Don’t have any experience with the SS Napoli fit, And haven’t compared the sizing charts, so take this with a grain of salt... but I would estimate the 38 would be the better option, but may require you to bring in the waist a little bit. ??

Sammm

Reaction score
Overshirts: was doubting between S and M, got M. It’s fine but a touch smaller wouldn’t hurt. It’s marked dry-clean only. Did anyone wash their (linen) overshirt at home and did it turn out OK?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to Drake's specifically but you can wash linen. I do with my better linen shirts from various brands. Expect it to shrink a bit but the advantage is that it will soften the more it's washed. If you like the fit, as is, then dry clean. If it's a tad loose or long in the sleeve then I would wash it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads