• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's disappointing. I hope your issue gets resolved soon.
same. all my previous orders were lightening fast.

this one had one item that arrived to them "damaged" and then they refunded me for that but never shipped the two other items that were supposed to be available "next day" - this is 3 weeks ago. they keep telling me that they will ship the items out (a shirt and socks) but have not yet, despite my repeated email follow up and asking for tracking

DrewMill

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Harvie & Hudson shirts, but I'm looking at some of the shirts on sale at Drake's for the summer sale. I was wondering how the two compared. Are the Drake's shirts worth twice the price based on fabric, materials, and construction?

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on suit jacket length and buttoning point height? The tan cotton twill is calling to me but I'm a bit wary of the lack of L options. I'm about 6'1 for reference.

What chest size? I’m 6,1 and 40 chest and Drakes jackets are a bit better than most brands in terms of length and button stance but are still made to fit someone around 5,10 so I would prefer half an inch or so more length,

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Gus is pretty tall and owns a Drake's suit, I think. He can probably speak on this.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What chest size? I’m 6,1 and 40 chest and Drakes jackets are a bit better than most brands in terms of length and button stance but are still made to fit someone around 5,10 so I would prefer half an inch or so more length,

I'm 6'2", 180 and a 42 chest. I bought the Khaki twill suit earlier this Spring and was delighted by the length as I've given away all of my shorter jackets. Also, Mathew at the NYC store is your hight and build so feel free to call him and talk about fit. I found some of the suits that were a carry over from the prior year to be a bit shorter where the new 2019 SS models market easyfit
45564293-CCC3-4B4C-BD6F-AA4FA57AC4E7.jpeg
tend to be a bit longer.

flashjack

Reaction score
^ thanks chaps, I'm a 42 usually and you've all been a great help.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Harvie & Hudson shirts, but I'm looking at some of the shirts on sale at Drake's for the summer sale. I was wondering how the two compared. Are the Drake's shirts worth twice the price based on fabric, materials, and construction?

I don’t have any experience with H&H but Drakes makes a darn fine shirt. Are they “worth it”? YMMV But I find the fit, quality and variety well worth the $$, especially when on sale. Their OCBDs, specifically are great. Awesome fabric, great collar roll., all around, they have become my favorite shirts.

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
I don’t have any experience with H&H but Drakes makes a darn fine shirt. Are they “worth it”? YMMV But I find the fit, quality and variety well worth the $$, especially when on sale. Their OCBDs, specifically are great. Awesome fabric, great collar roll., all around, they have become my favorite shirts.
Anyone tried there spread collar in basic colours (white , blue etc)

DrewMill

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response!

yungchomsky

Reaction score

I love how the Drake's instagram account responds to every question and always ends with "thank you"

Sammm

Reaction score
Sale down to 50%. I’ve been waiting to get an overshirt, fortunately they still had my size.

flashjack

Reaction score
Tried to swoop in on the tan cotton suit, timed out while processing payment twice and then both in my size gone, gah!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads